Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

MUHWAHAHAHA!
Lift heavy eat clean!
armacham

Post by armacham »

I just saw a St Tropez with a front rack turning west onto Grant from Campbell
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

I've tried my best to defend these message boards... but it is just no use!

Becktastic and her minions are ... just ... too ... powerful ! I concede!
Yeah, you might as well throw in the towel. Or move to Tucson, then you would be on the winning team. :P
This being my first sighting, I must be very far removed from meeting the scooter gods or being on any part of the epic journey. I must go and spot some more.....
You need to get out there more. After 10 sightings there's a coffee mug, 20 is a teeshirt, etc. until you get to the face peeling off throw you down a hole part.

Oh hey, look at that. Another trifecta.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Not a Buddy sighting (except when I look in the mirrors of the shop across from the pet shop as I buzz by), but...

December is cold in New England. It was cooooold this morning, and what did I see as took my uphill left onto Smith Street? Red Stella Guy. He's still riding!

And on the way home what did I see? A dual-sport bike with a very leathered-up rider looking very sophisticated.

I now have proof I'm not the only crazy.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm down at Bass Lake, Knox IN this weekend. I woke up this morning to 12 deg, very windy conditions. About an inch of snow on the ground, but none on the road as they were plowed during the night.

Soon after waking up, I looked out the window and what do I see ... someone going by on a scoot. I could really tell what type it was, but it was that seafoam green type color so it might have been a Buddy ... I know there are a few along the lake. Anyway, he (or she) certainly has larger scooter 'nads (or if it was a she, then the female equivalent) than I do ... no way would I ride in this.

Rob
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

Blue buddy northbound Swan at Grant. 3/4 helmet with face sheild and stripes. No return wave though, maybe he didn't see it. :(
KindBudd

Post by KindBudd »

I'm pretty sure I saw Becktastic tonight (Friday) around 7:25pmish going west on Speedway through Tucson Blvd and I think past Campbell. Sea foam blue, white helmet, nice blue/white jacket and some CRAZY kickass white shoes w/ heels on em. Hair was flowin', too...

I was in the cage going to the symphony... Bartok anyone??? 8)
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

KindBudd wrote:I'm pretty sure I saw Becktastic tonight (Friday) around 7:25pmish going west on Speedway through Tucson Blvd and I think past Campbell. Sea foam blue, white helmet, nice blue/white jacket and some CRAZY kickass white shoes w/ heels on em. Hair was flowin', too...

I was in the cage going to the symphony... Bartok anyone??? 8)
Yay you saw me heading home from work! :D

Are you going to the Parade of Lights tonight? There will be a bunch of scooters decorated up in the parade ^_^ I really want to go, but Sean wants to stay home and play a BattleStar Galactica board game :P boo.
Lift heavy eat clean!
armacham

Post by armacham »

hey i'm sick gimme a break
broke

Post by broke »

Becktastic wrote:...but Sean wants to stay home and play a BattleStar Galactica board game
Cool! Did you get to be the Cylon? Did humanity survive? I can't wait to play that game... no one I know has it yet.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

broke wrote:
Becktastic wrote:...but Sean wants to stay home and play a BattleStar Galactica board game
Cool! Did you get to be the Cylon? Did humanity survive? I can't wait to play that game... no one I know has it yet.
Hahaha yeah I ended up being the Cylon :P Humanity one but only because I fell asleep. I was kicking their butts.

We actually got to do the parade and then play board games afterward ^_^ I was just really tired.

Fun times!
Lift heavy eat clean!
armacham

Post by armacham »

Becktastic wrote:
broke wrote:
Hahaha yeah I ended up being the Cylon :P Humanity one but only because I fell asleep. I was kicking their butts.

We actually got to do the parade and then play board games afterward ^_^ I was just really tired.

Fun times!
excuses don't win wars you frakkin toaster!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

armacham wrote:
Becktastic wrote:
broke wrote: Cool! Did you get to be the Cylon? Did humanity survive? I can't wait to play that game... no one I know has it yet.

Fun times!
excuses don't win wars you frakkin toaster!
Heh, my wife and I were playing balderdash with some freinds last week. The word was "Humulon". My wife put down for her definition, What you get when the cheif and Calley get busy.... ;) (The baby half Cylon half human in case you don't get it)
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

The day before yesterday I met a lady in a green jacket on an Italia heading up 6th Ave around 10am (leaving the courthouse after trying to take care of my ticket grr)

Then yesterday around 5 I saw a pink and white on 4th avenue and later an orange Stella on Speedway.

And this morning I saw a light blue as I was sipping chai at Ike's Coffee on Speedway. Chilling with my couch surfing who was riding his motorcycle from Oregon to Mexico!

Also a shout out to my New Mexico Buddy riders! A friend was over there last week and said he saw a St Tropez, an Italia and a Light Blue! I think he was in Las Cruces and Albuquerque. Said it was freaking cold and ya'll are hardcore ;)
Lift heavy eat clean!
KindBudd

Post by KindBudd »

Yup, pink buddy going east on Grant and whatever that road is where the taco bell is... waves were exchanged as I was on mine...

And then, coming home only 30 minutes after that I saw the same scoot (I think)! It's awesome.

Great day to ride ~ 65 F :lol:
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

I saw a pink buddy on country club near grant yesterday. They had a topcase.

I saw a lot of scooters yesterday on Country Club. I was playing basketball at Blenman Elem.

This morning I passed bectastic on Ft. Lowell.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

rabbitgod wrote:This morning I passed bectastic on Ft. Lowell.
Dangit I didn't see you! I was busy cowering from the freezing wind behind my brand new windshield :D I think Scoot Over has more in stock if you were looking for one.

I had a Buddy -rider- sighting yesterday. An investigator rang our doorbell asking about a neighbor (don't worry rabbitgod, I didn't tell him anything ;)) turns out the investigator was a Buddy rider! So we just talked about scooters for a while :P Apparently he rode with us in the xmas parade ^_^
Lift heavy eat clean!
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

I was in my cage, running down scooters :twisted:

Was the investigator there about the burglary?

And thanks for not telling him about that massive underground operation I keep in my laundry room.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

rabbitgod wrote:I was in my cage, running down scooters :twisted:

Was the investigator there about the burglary?

And thanks for not telling him about that massive underground operation I keep in my laundry room.
What burglary? :shock:

No, he was with homeland security, doing a background check for a guy who lived across from us like 5 years ago.
Lift heavy eat clean!
Angela

Post by Angela »

On Xmas eve. In front of the Kinko's in Hillcrest I spotted an Italia. I parked my pink hog behind it while I ran into Chipotle.

Wish I could have ran into the owner. It was still there when I left Chipotle.
rajron

Post by rajron »

West Side, Albuquerque

The other day it was snowing, not too hard, but, it was cold and snowing – and there was this person on a pink 125, full face helmet, turning onto Montano, going south on Coors – did you see me? I was in a car.
rower1987

Post by rower1987 »

Here in OKC, I've seen three Buddies. A pink 125, Pamplona, and an orange 125. There is a girl on the rowing team that has a Honda Elite. I have also seen a yellow Honda Elite.
cruzzer

Post by cruzzer »

havnt posted in awhile .... so my first buddy sighting ever
lowes in brandon fl blue buddy.
no matter where you go there you are. Image Image
rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

This morning on Greeley going North (just before Killingsworth): Italia? Rider wearing Red Corazzo Jacket.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yesterday on Ventura Blvd. near Laurel Canyon in Studio City, CA: St. Tropez.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
bunny

Post by bunny »

Saw newslinky again...this time he was turning left onto Euless/Main from Mid-Cities. I honked as he turned past me.

HI!
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Buddys in New York ... went down to the City for a few days during the Christmas holidays to get some real pizza and $6.50 pints. My old apartment is as hot as ever. Global warming be damned...open all the windows in December and you're still roasting in the place. Gimme steam heat!

Two Buddies plus quite a few other types of scoots and bikes (mainly Vespas ... Ps or LXs). There was an old Moto Guzzi that I was loving on. A Vespa P with a side panel laying on the pavement next to it with the bright green sticker from the Sanitation Dept saying 'move this thing or we'll tow'. And a Blue Honda Met on my old block! It's gotten so posh since I moved away.

Favorite sighting: I actually paid to park on my last day as I was visiting my mom in midtown. The garage accepted bikes and scoots...$168.23 PLUS 18 1/2% tax for monthly 2-wheel parking (and there was a silver Vespa parked). Ah, I do miss the place.

Buddy Italia with 500 miles on it. 12/29 on Saint Marks between Avenue A & 1st.

Red Buddy in Little Brazil on 46th between 5th & 6th Aves on 12/30.

For more random scoots (and a pic of my cat Josiah O'Malley enjoying a Christmas fire): http://www.flickr.com/photos/cocktailsatfive/
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

bunny wrote:Saw newslinky again...this time he was turning left onto Euless/Main from Mid-Cities. I honked as he turned past me.

HI!
Hi back! I honked as I was turning and heard you honk. IT was a beautiful riding day this afternoon wasn't it? 74 degrees I love Texas winters!
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

I just rolled into Encinitas, Ca and spotted two Buddies, one regular, and one provolone buddy. How sweet it is.

I also saw what appeared to be a Zuma going east on I8 near the Dome Valley exit. That was a surprise... must have been worked cause he didn't appear to be an impediment.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

yesterday afternoon I saw an Italia at Wells Fargo when I was getting change for work. I think I recognized the rider from events at the GGR garage. I believe it is his wife riding with him on a purple and white metro looking scoot.

Then last night when I went to the gym, there was a light blue Buddy outside in the motorcycle parking. So who's the other light blue Buddy at Racquet Club?!?!
Lift heavy eat clean!
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Yesterday afternoon headed west on Arkansas Drive in Dalworthington gardens area I spotted a black Stella. I was in the cage hauling the kids and waved but do not think the lone rider noticed me
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
Scooter Hoot

Post by Scooter Hoot »

A brand new seafoam Buddy 50 has appeared at my apartment complex in Houston near the Med Center. I haven't managed to introduce myself to the owner yet though. I did notice that they bought it from the same shop I got mine at too.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Saw a Tangerine Buddy around 4:30ish at the Burnside Zupan's in Portland.
mayra

Post by mayra »

orange buddy on harrison street in the crazy rain/sleet tonight. i was walking
fretman

Post by fretman »

Red Buddy 125 parked on Clinton St. near Nelson, Carroll Gardens/Cobble Hill Bklyn. MB Member?
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

Yesterday a Pamplona southbound Pantano stopped at Speedway around 12:30. Had I seen her earlier I would have weaved over to her and said hello.

This morning a Blue buddy with Stripped helmet northbound Swan. I see this buddy every few weeks or so on the same strip of asphalt.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Saw Armacham today around 5:30pm. You were west bound on Glen at Campbell (I think)
I was in my van. I pointed....but didn't laugh. My says "You saw and scooter and you actually know who's riding it? Weird"

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Howardr wrote:Saw Armacham today around 5:30pm. You were west bound on Glen at Campbell (I think)
I was in my van. I pointed....but didn't laugh. My says "You saw and scooter and you actually know who's riding it? Weird"

Howard
Glen Campbell was riding a Buddy in Tucson? "By the time I get to Phoenix..."
KindBudd

Post by KindBudd »

Spotted Becktastic around noon today making her left from Country Club going east on Speedway. I unfortunately was driving. Anytime I have somewhere quick I need to be I'd rather do it in a cage as was the circumstances today. Anyway, you looked great :!:
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

KindBudd wrote:Spotted Becktastic around noon today making her left from Country Club going east on Speedway. I unfortunately was driving. Anytime I have somewhere quick I need to be I'd rather do it in a cage as was the circumstances today. Anyway, you looked great :!:
Yay! I'd have looked cooler with my boots, but it's gym day, so sneakers it is :P

Also, I get places much faster on the scoot than I ever did in the cage 8)
Lift heavy eat clean!
hackett

Post by hackett »

Saw a red Buddy at the corner of Broadway and Pershing while I was on my way home on Friday afternoon. It's been a while since I've seen a Buddy in the wild in San Antonio...
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

I saw a pink Stella at Pima West this morning! So adorable ^_^
I left them a MB card.
Lift heavy eat clean!
armacham

Post by armacham »

Kaos wrote:
Heh, my wife and I were playing balderdash with some freinds last week. The word was "Humulon". My wife put down for her definition, What you get when the cheif and Calley get busy.... ;) (The baby half Cylon half human in case you don't get it)
haha too bad Hot Dog is the baby daddy!
Syd

Post by Syd »

I saw a Green Stella near Changing Hands today around lunchtime. Was it anyone here?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

I saw a black and silver Buddy while driving back from the bank in my bosses car (If you must cage, do it in a red Mustang convertible 8) )

Male rider with yellow helmet. Scoot had a prima windshield.
Lift heavy eat clean!
fretman

Post by fretman »

Orange Buddy, lots of stickers, parked on 5th Ave betw. 7th and 8th St in Park Slope. MB Member?
purromaniac

Brooklyn

Post by purromaniac »

fretman wrote:Red Buddy 125 parked on Clinton St. near Nelson, Carroll Gardens/Cobble Hill Bklyn. MB Member?
I wonder if you saw etak, who plays scooter tag over on Scooterdiva.com. She's in Brooklyn and recently posted a tag (photo) of her scooter in front of a Vietnamese restaurant. There weren't any street signs in the photo, though.

I frequent both web sites, but haven't seen her on MB.
rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

Buddy Italia at intersection of Going and Interstate just before 9am.

Thanks for the wave! I tried to give a head nod and smile ;)
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Pink Buddy, Sunday the 8th about 5pm Wegmans Mechanicsburg, Pa.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Saw an Italia at Target this morning. The one on Broadway, well the western most one...why does Tucson have two Targets just blocks away on the same street? TUCSONANS LOOOOVE TARGET!
Lift heavy eat clean!