Went to the beach yesterday riding my Scoot.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Sailboat13

Went to the beach yesterday riding my Scoot.

Post by Sailboat13 »

There's still this one place where a person can drive right up to a nice beach and park for free. Yesterday with my scoot and some beach stuff in my top case I rode onto the beach, put a hunk of wood under my kick stand and laid a mat out near my scoot. With such a pretty day with the sun and all, my scoot looked like it belonged there. It was a great day. The straw mat has to go though. I need to figure how I can carry a beach chair. Getting up and down from that mat wasn't fun. I'm 67 and hurt everywhere if you get my drift. Anyway, just wanted say I enjoy my Buddy 150 more everyday and if you recall I REALLY like that full face Shoei helmet I bought about a month ago.
Sailboat13

by the way

Post by Sailboat13 »

By the way,,,if you have downloaded the latest Google Earth you can type in John Morris rd. FLorida and follow the road south to the beach. With the new cam pic's that Google has its pertty nice to see a great beach so very near Fort Myers but still off to its self.
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

i cant wait to go and chill at the beach i mean relax supposed to be in the 40's today it will probably feel like the 80's here in new england
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

70s here yesterday but no beach riding in this part of Florida. You'll sink in our soft white sand.
Sailboat13

Post by Sailboat13 »

I know about the sand. I only went into it maybe 15 feet and started to have a bit of trouble. So I thought, heck this is good enought and let her stand right there. Wind is my pain in the butt here in Estero. Its been a very windy winter. A couple times I thought it was going to cause me to crash.
bikebuda

Post by bikebuda »

speaking of the beach

I cant wait for summer

last year we rode our scoots 90 miles to Indiana beach

one of the best trips of my life

nothing to do
nothing to care about
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Ahh, the beach, when the sand is warm...maybe in 5 months.

I've carried beach chairs on both the Buddy and Vespa. Take a look at this thread for a pic of them bungee'd on top of a milk crate: viewtopic.php?t=5812

I haven't had problems with them "lifting" from the wind, but I'm probably only going about 40mph when going down to the beach.

The snow is almost melted and I rode in today. No leaning into turns as there's sand everywhere on the roadway. April, where are you?

Enjoy your fine weather!
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

Glad to hear that a chair can be toted. I am so planning to scoot to the coolest beach near here mucho times this summer. Hooray for Lake Michigan!
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

Glad to hear that a chair can be toted. I am so planning to scoot to the coolest beach near here mucho times this summer. Hooray for Lake Michigan!
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

chloefpuff wrote:Glad to hear that a chair can be toted. I am so planning to scoot to the coolest beach near here mucho times this summer. Hooray for Lake Michigan!
I remember as a kid going to empire michigan every year i loved the dunes i would climb to the top and just stare at the lake, wich is more like an ocean or a sea in size. good times. grew up in Mio MI
mandyscoots

Post by mandyscoots »

you should take pictures!