'07 Buddy 125 Weight?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BeachBuzz

'07 Buddy 125 Weight?

Post by BeachBuzz »

anyone know the approx weight of the '07 125?

I'm seriously considering CycleScoot's Italia but part of the decision will be hauling it from NC to DE. I have a VersaHauler 50 which is rated for 250# and per the manufacturer is only rated for 50cc scoots. I've hauled my TGB several times but it is a 50 and under 250#. I know my Blur is over 250 by 20-30 pounds (maybe more but I recall it was around 260 dry). I havent had a need to haul it yet but would consider using the VH50 to get it to the shop in Philly if it's not rideable but that's a 20 mile trip as opposed to the 480 highway miles I would have to travel home from NC. Much as I would like to I dont think I'll be riding it home.

thanx
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

220 pounds.

You can lift and carry it over your head, I'm sure!
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Yeah, 220-225 dry. (101 kg.)
Not sure how much the fluids add, but I doubt it pushes 250.
BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

thanks folks - I dont know why I even went looking for Buddy information anywhere else :D
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Specs say 223 pounds exact, but like others said, dunno if that stock, or with fluids.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

jfrost2 wrote:Specs say 223 pounds exact, but like others said, dunno if that stock, or with fluids.
Thats the dry weight. So probably 225ish with fluids. After all, how much does about 2qts of oil, and a gallon of gas weight?
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Oh sure, just ignore the 110cc of gear oil... that's at least like what... 50 lbs or so?
My metric conversions aren't exactly 100%....
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

1 gallon of gasoline equals 5.8 to 6.5 lbs., depending on grade, temperature, etc.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
mandyscoots

Post by mandyscoots »

wait how come no one yelled at this question and told he/she to look in the libraries?

Maybe I'm the only y'all do this to. :?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

mandyscoots wrote:wait how come no one yelled at this question and told he/she to look in the libraries?

Maybe I'm the only y'all do this to. :?
No one's supposed to yell at anyone for asking a question, though politely directing someone to the information is okay. Sorry if someone yelled at you.

I don't know if this info is actually in the library; it was in the '06 Buddy brochures, but I think it was left out of later ones.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

I weigh my 09 on one of the truck scales my work owns. I rounds so I don't have an exact weight, but with all my stuff in it it's around 230 lbs.