Honest-to-Goodness Series Italia pics!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

DouglasLive

Honest-to-Goodness Series Italia pics!

Post by DouglasLive »

Okay all you SI fans, here ya go:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dstalnaker/ ... riesItalia

Shelby from ScootOver in Tucson delivered it Tuesday afternoon (3/20) and I wasted no time putting 15 miles on the odometer tooling around Tubac. My wife suggested we take it to the park for a photo session and -- voila! -- please enjoy the results above.

Needless to say, I love it. A ten year "scooter dream" became reality yesterday. :) All you Southern Arizona scooterists need to head south to Tubac and join in the fun!
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Y'all are cute! Offer these photos up to Genuine for use on their website. What a lovely shoot. :D
ModBud #442
rickyd410

Post by rickyd410 »

Looks great guys. I really love the look of the Italia.

I may have to get some whitewalls for Libby. :)
rajron

Post by rajron »

Classy looking!
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Nice pics :)
PasadenaSue

Congrats, Doug.

Post by PasadenaSue »

Thanks for posting the pics. Let me know what you think of the windshield after a while, as that is the style I want to get for my SI. I think it looks good, not to obvious.
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

Very nice photo shoot, and congratulations on the SI.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
lojical1

Post by lojical1 »

I'm Series Italia Green with envy. Congrats on the new addition to the family. Did ya'll ride two up ?
DouglasLive

Post by DouglasLive »

lojical1 wrote:I'm Series Italia Green with envy. Congrats on the new addition to the family. Did ya'll ride two up ?
We did! I was a bit wary at first, never having had a rider before, but it worked out well. The Buddy is so easy to ride and so stable, it wasn't much different than one up. :)
DouglasLive

Re: Congrats, Doug.

Post by DouglasLive »

PasadenaSue wrote:Let me know what you think of the windshield after a while, as that is the style I want to get for my SI. I think it looks good, not to obvious.
I think you'll really like it -- very classy-looking and, of course, functional. The "Prima" sticker was very easy to remove and I recommend you do so immediately after installation. ;)

Still toying with the idea of installing a chrome front rack. I don't want to cover up the "Series Italia" sticker, but I think the rack gives it an even more interesting, retro-ish look. Would LOVE to find a chrome swan fender crest too! Anyone tried one intended for a Vespa on a Buddy? Genuine needs to give us more chrome options. Yes, I'm a closet Mod. ;)
slowgo

Post by slowgo »

Great snaps! Love the low light pic.

Great idea on the chrome on the fender. I am loving the look on my new SI, but it seems to me to be missing a chrome accent down low on the front end somewhere. A little chrome down low would add more visual balance. I added a front rack (and chrome rear rack), but something on the fender would work even better.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

slowgo wrote:Great snaps! Love the low light pic.

Great idea on the chrome on the fender. I am loving the look on my new SI, but it seems to me to be missing a chrome accent down low on the front end somewhere. A little chrome down low would add more visual balance. I added a front rack (and chrome rear rack), but something on the fender would work even better.

Maybe something like the great mod x-mojito50mod did to his fender?

slowgo

Post by slowgo »

That's the ticket.

Or step it up to big classic ornament!
Attachments
aaaa111sm.jpg
aaaa111sm.jpg (4.61 KiB) Viewed 1666 times
DouglasLive

Post by DouglasLive »

slowgo wrote:That's the ticket.

Or step it up to big classic ornament!
Too big? I was thinking more along the lines of this:
Attachments
vbb_4_4.jpg
vbb_4_4.jpg (16.31 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I don't usually recommend buying scooter parts from Asia via eBay, but I have seen quite a few old-school fender crests for fairly low prices from a few sellers there.

Check out Mike from NoHo Scooter's "mod Buddy," which a lot of people confuse for a vintage European scoot: viewtopic.php?t=783

Won't be doing much lane splitting with this beast, but he does ride it!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
NarMeowZippy

Post by NarMeowZippy »

I'm incredibly jealous.
It's Scooter-rific!!!
slowgo

Post by slowgo »

As there don't appear to be any Buddy-specific fender crests out there yet, if someone has a chance to test the arc of the front fender on the buddy with some other fender crests, please post it.

I found some good options for PX and other scoots, but they could be quite a cludge to fit one on the Buddy unless the arc and width of the front fenders are very close.
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

ericalm wrote: Image
I may be alone in my sentiment, but that is decidedly unattractive.

No amount of chrome and/or related do-dads will turn your plastic Buddy into a cool retro-scoot. The Buddy has great lines, and it's a shame to mess them up with all that clutter. IMHO and all that...
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

vitaminC wrote: I may be alone in my sentiment, but that is decidedly unattractive.
You're not alone. The white walls however (especially on the SI) are pretty attractive.
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

SteMer wrote: You're not alone. The white walls however (especially on the SI) are pretty attractive.
Yeah, I think they'd look pretty sweet on my black B125 too 8) Of course, it will probably take me three years to wear out the current set of tires! :roll:
DouglasLive

Post by DouglasLive »

vitaminC wrote: I may be alone in my sentiment, but that is decidedly unattractive.
I agree. But there's room for a small, chrome flourish of some kind on the front fender. Maybe something straight down the middle? I'm still searching. :)