2004 GB Edition Stella

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kimosabe71

2004 GB Edition Stella

Post by kimosabe71 »

Hello all,

I have the opportunity to purchase a 2004 GB Edition Stella with 2800 miles, with a large football sized scratch on the cover of the engine and a non working fuel gauge for $2500. I'm wondering if this is a good deal on such a limited edition scooter and if I should just ignore the two minor faults and just buy the damn thing or maybe haggle the price down even lower.

Thanks for your help!
murmur

Post by murmur »

I picked up my GB for $2800. It is in great shape and came with a backrest, rear rack and SITO+ pipe. The gas gage is more of a gas gusser for the most part, I usually look in the tank. I wasn't worried so much about what the scooter was worth on the market, but what it was worth to me. I say go for it.
Shane Wilson

Post by Shane Wilson »

Sounds good to me.

Keep in mind that a standard new Stella out the door is upwards of $4100 with taxes, prep and delivery.

Then keep in mind that the GB150 is a limited edition.

Go for it.

Peace,
sdw
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

I think that sounds like a good deal. And the GB 150 is almost as sought after as the Fireball.

Even if you decided you weren't keeping it, you could clean it up and probably get your money back out of it from someone else.

And gas gauge, well, they are notorious on all Stellas to have issues. Most likely it's the poor quality switch in the gas tank, an easy remedy.

So, go buy it, enjoy it!
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
lilmyk

Post by lilmyk »

My friend in Greensboro is selling his.
It is in mint condition, I am sure you could get it for the same price.
Let me know if you are interested.
kimosabe71

Post by kimosabe71 »

thanks everyone, I appreciate the input. I really think I will buy it this week, i'm just skeptical if it can handle a 6' 2" 300lb man and not do irreversible damage to the scooter.
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Dood, you are not alone. The very question of how much it can handle, personwise, is asked alot.

Over at Stella Speed, there is a thread or 2 about this... some of the guys there meet or beat your size and are loving their Stellas every day.

Don't let your big and tall stand in the way of your happy and fun!
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

i am the boyfriend of the girl who owns this username. personally, i have a 2003 kawasaki zx6r, 1972 honda CL175, 1998 Suzuki tu250 and my gf's buddy 125 is the funnest to ride. I will be getting my hands on a stella soon. just do all the research and talk to as many people about it as possible. one thing to know before you get the bike is the maintenance of the stella. i hear they are harder to work on than the buddy and since its a 2 stroke u are looking at 1/2 the lifespan. <- just what i have heard =/
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Life span depends on how you take care of the bike, the stella is just a copy of the px150, I've seen PX's that have the original engine and transmission and they are still running fine for over 30 years. Body is another story, but mechanically if well kept up, the bike can last.
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

that involves changing piston rings etc every 6 -12 months depending how much you ride right?
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

that's what i heard
kimosabe71

Post by kimosabe71 »

Well everyone I bought the Stella! I'm pretty excited to be able to go ride it around as my new main form of transportation.

Thanks for your advice that you have given me it has helped alot!
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

post up some pics!