2009 Indianapolis Gasoline Rally 6/26-6-28

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BoneGirl

2009 Indianapolis Gasoline Rally 6/26-6-28

Post by BoneGirl »

Time to rev your engines for the 2009 Indy Rally. Believe it or not, I just purchased 2 tickets for me and Lagerhead (my husband). The fun and games we had last year were awesome and I don't want to be left behind this year. I am waiting to hear back from someone about Brickyard Crossings, the hotel we stayed in last year. They suggested I wait until the beginning of the year to make a reservation because Indy won't be able to block rooms until then. For the most fun and games, you really should consider staying at The Brickyard with us.
Here's a link to the Registration as well as some pictures of the 2008 Rally:

1) 2009 Registration http://www.gasolinerally.com/

2) 2008 Flickr pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/78266126@N ... 784188125/

3) My YouTube video around the Indy 500 track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH_qMzaaaz8
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

Yeah, c'mon!

What do you mean YOUR youtube video? It's my video OF you. :lol:

Looking forward to another great scooter weekend!
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

OMG that ride around the track looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!!

If I lived anywhere near by I would be there for sure.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Rob

Post by Rob »

I didn't notice this the first time it was posted, but I really want to try and make this one. I'm about 2 1/2 hours from the track and have been going there for years. I would absolutely love to take the scoot around the track.

Great video ... but it's so strange to see the seats so empty.

Rob
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

You gotta try and make it, Rob. The lap around the track was definitely the highlight of a well-planned inaugural rally by the Indy scooter folks. Even though they have a 35mph limit, I heard several people say they would've come just for that lap. It was a bit eery with the stands completely empty but still a very thrilling experience, knowing the history that's taken place on that track.
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

Rob

Post by Rob »

SteMer wrote:You gotta try and make it, Rob. The lap around the track was definitely the highlight of a well-planned inaugural rally by the Indy scooter folks. Even though they have a 35mph limit, I heard several people say they would've come just for that lap. It was a bit eery with the stands completely empty but still a very thrilling experience, knowing the history that's taken place on that track.
This is high on my list of scooter things I'd like to do, so I'm going to do my best. Right now the dates don't seem to conflict with anything else going on in my life, so I think the chances of me being there are good.
SteMer wrote:"I heard several people say they would've come just for that lap.
+1 to that. I would make the trip for that alone. Although I did check out the website, and the rest of the event looks great as well.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
aerogirl7

Re: 2009 Indianapolis Gasoline Rally 6/26-6-28

Post by aerogirl7 »

BoneGirl wrote:For the most fun and games, you really should consider staying at The Brickyard with us.
Unfortunately, I've been told that the Brickyard is going to be unavailable due to remodeling during the time of the rally...looks like we're going to have to find a different party hotel this year.
At midnight, I'll turn into a pumpkin and drive away in my glass slipper. ~Roman Holiday
SteMer

Re: 2009 Indianapolis Gasoline Rally 6/26-6-28

Post by SteMer »

aerogirl7 wrote:
BoneGirl wrote:For the most fun and games, you really should consider staying at The Brickyard with us.
Unfortunately, I've been told that the Brickyard is going to be unavailable due to remodeling during the time of the rally...looks like we're going to have to find a different party hotel this year.
Bonegirl found a Motel 6 with some cheap rooms. The other hotels listed on their website are a little pricey. So that looks like where a bunch of the Cincinnati folks will be staying.
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

aerogirl7

Post by aerogirl7 »

Sounds good. I'll look into it.

~S
At midnight, I'll turn into a pumpkin and drive away in my glass slipper. ~Roman Holiday
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

aerogirl7 wrote:Sounds good. I'll look into it.

~S

Steph, Here's the Motel Info. There's already a bunch of us with reservations already. Join the crowd!

Ang

http://maps.google.com/maps?source=ig&h ... &ct=result
donkin

Post by donkin »

Sounds the the Motel 6 is gaining steam. Any other hotels as the second choice?

Thanks!
Member 2166