How much weight can it carry?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

booleanman

How much weight can it carry?

Post by booleanman »

The one stat I can't seem to find on the web is how much weight the Buddy 125 can carry. I know that cases and racks aren't generally available yet but they will be soon and I have to wonder what can this thing haul between a passenger and whatever else you want to strap to this thing.
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

Seems like there was some discussion on this; look through the topic headings.

I don't think you have to worry about passenger weight; there's not much footroom for that and I bet you won't do it very much.

We did it once with about 300# and it didn't strain a bit, but it's so cramped that we won't do it again lest for an emergency.
peabody99

Re: How much weight can it carry?

Post by peabody99 »

booleanman wrote:The one stat I can't seem to find on the web is how much weight the Buddy 125 can carry. I know that cases and racks aren't generally available yet but they will be soon and I have to wonder what can this thing haul between a passenger and whatever else you want to strap to this thing.
on budyy one we carried anout 340 + groceries.He hid fine around town, but is was not very comfortable. much better with two buddy's. I am not a big spender, but I would just do it!
BlackInkSpot

Post by BlackInkSpot »

While I can't give you the specifics (because you don't ask a lady for her weight!) - I'm not exactly a small girl and my buddy does just fine. I've also had to load it down the last couple of days (filled under the seat & heavy backpack) so I could bring in stuff to work.

I don't have any trouble off the start or maintaining speed or getting up hills.