The strange things you see on rides

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Cheshire

The strange things you see on rides

Post by Cheshire »

Anything interesting, odd, or otherwise that make you want to stop and look again? Let's hear about the things you see on your rides that make you either burst out laughing or really wish you had a camera at hand!
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scooterpics/3397719995/

not my picture or me in it but I was right in front of that girl.
Looking for ppl to ride with in LA.
emptym

Post by emptym »

Last edited by emptym on Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

Leaving Lake Charles, LA headed toward Beaumont, TX. Amazing swamp ride with dead reptile guts everywhere, lots of skeeters and a real gator.

olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

A couple of weeks ago I wish I had my camera handy when a mountain lion trotted across the road right in front of me! He wasn't bothered by my presence. Not much bothers the top of the food chain.
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

Does spotting a mountain lion count from the safety of 3/4 ton van?

Big animal. Beautiful. After it entered the woods it turned around so that we could check each other out. Being from the north east this was a treat. Arizona has an estimated 3000 of them. Couple of days later saw a Bob cat going into a heavily used scenic trail. Kind of anti-climatic thought after seeing that mountain lion.
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

apparently with all the home foreclosures, bobcats are starting to move in to our abandoned spaces.

(this from a foreclosure in Lake Elsinore, where at least an adult pair and three youth were known to be living. "Said Scott Brown, who with his wife, Karen, moved here from Long Beach to be close to nature: 'They are great neighbors, and as long as they don't want to baby-sit my kids, it's not a problem.'")

(sorry, I didn't see this on a ride, but on Bill Maher.)
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

... Micheal Jackson kicked them out of his park?
Scooter Hoot

Post by Scooter Hoot »

The weirdest thing that I have seen happened one day in downtown. I had just stopped at a light, when from 3 different directions 5 cop cars all come screaming up and surround the bus stop on my left that had one bum and one mother with her girl. The cops all jumped out of the car with their hands on their guns. That was about the time that the light changed so I decided to get the heck out of there. I never saw anything in the paper, so I'm not sure what actually happened, but it did freak me out.
onemandan

Post by onemandan »

I always get amused when some dogs completely freak out when I buzz by, but some could care less. The best is when a dog owner is walking two dogs and one has a fit while the other just keeps trotting along happily.

Also, I live across the street from the zoo, so sometimes there are little kids on field trip walking in a line down the sidewalk. I usually give a few honks as I pass by, and they get all excited!
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

The giant man who used to be carrying a tire, but now just looks perplexed...
<iframe width="700" height="394" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/sv?cbp=11,2 ... "></iframe>
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
underdog

Post by underdog »

My ride to work takes me through a part of town where some people keep chickens and roosters in their yard (against the law BTW). The other day I saw a stray dog trotting down the sidewalk with a rooster in its mouth. :shock:
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

underdog wrote:My ride to work takes me through a part of town where some people keep chickens and roosters in their yard (against the law BTW). The other day I saw a stray dog trotting down the sidewalk with a rooster in its mouth. :shock:
All I can say is "son of a b**** ****sucker"

Sorry
Vic

Post by Vic »

underdog wrote:My ride to work takes me through a part of town where some people keep chickens and roosters in their yard (against the law BTW). The other day I saw a stray dog trotting down the sidewalk with a rooster in its mouth. :shock:
Guess roosters don't have snooze buttons.

-v
underdog

Post by underdog »

olhogrider wrote:

Sorry
Well, he was more like clamping down on the rooster...but I get your point. :rofl:
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

olhogrider wrote:

Sorry
took me a sec haha
Looking for ppl to ride with in LA.
alexnick

Post by alexnick »

LisaLisa wrote:The giant man who used to be carrying a tire, but now just looks perplexed...
<iframe width="700" height="394" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/sv?cbp=11,2 ... "></iframe>
Haha, that's hilarious.
Syd

Post by Syd »

LisaLisa wrote:The giant man who used to be carrying a tire, but now just looks perplexed...
The Muffler man! As a former Flagstaff resident and NAU alum, I gotta love the big guys.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Yup, that's him!
Better picture (professional):
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I ride right by the Fleisher Art School on my way to work every morning, and I love the smell of the kilns firing. It reminds me of my favorite class in high school, ceramics. On the way home, I pass by a busy dog park. I'm allergic to the doggies, but I do love 'em so! It's a real treat to pass them when they're off leash and running free.
ModBud #442
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

I once saw a guy riding his motorcycle with the frame for another motorcycle bungeed on the back o_O

I spotted another guy hauling a motorcycle frame behind his bicycle on a jerry rigged bicycle trailer.

Who needs cars?!
Lift heavy eat clean!
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

On my way home tonight, I hit a dark stretch of road. Since I was the only one there, I flicked on my high beam. Something looked wrong just off to my left, and it took me several glances to realize what was going on.

I was seeing the shadow of the info stamp on the bulb. The "UL" shadow was the giveaway. :lol:
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Cheshire wrote:I was seeing the shadow of the info stamp on the bulb.
I've done that. See it out of the corner of my eye and think there's some animal
running up next to me, but then you realize what it is. Mines actually quite legible.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

I didn't want to take my eyes off the road long enough to see how legible it was, but yeah. Thought it was some animal at first...made me veer right, then freaked out a little because it veered with me!
The road I was on ran next to the river, and at night there's lots of small and not-so-small animals to watch out for.

Becktastic: :shock: Holy crap!! If I saw that and had my camera on me, I'd risk being labeled a stalker just to get a picture! :lol:
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

I had a black cat cross my path on the way home tonight. Scampered across the road so close I nearly hit him! Mashed both brakes down and swerved safely out of the way, but I felt a little uneasy and superstitious until I made it home.

>.>

<.<
Lift heavy eat clean!
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Becktastic wrote:I had a black cat cross my path on the way home tonight. Scampered across the road so close I nearly hit him! Mashed both brakes down and swerved safely out of the way, but I felt a little uneasy and superstitious until I made it home.

>.>

<.<
Hey, that happens to me all the time. Really creeps me out. Oh wait...I forgot, he lives with me. :shock:

Here's something you don't see everyday....
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.