LA AREA: Mulholland Hwy Ride To Neptune's Net (Apr. 11)

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Skootz Kabootz

LA AREA: Mulholland Hwy Ride To Neptune's Net (Apr. 11)

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Our friends in the Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew are taking their spring ride to Neptune's Net on April 11th. Why don't we take the truly picturesque ride out there and meet our fellow scooterists for some good eats and scooter camaraderie!

THE RIDE:
This is one of the most beautiful local rides there is and a full day of twisting and turning riding. The plan is to take Mulholland Hwy west, to Decker Cyn, then up the PCH to Neptune's Net. We'll stop at the Rock Store for a break along the way. As best we can, we will time all this so we arrive at Neptune's along side the Ventura County Venture's folk at 2:15pm. Time permitting we will either make the return trip via Portrero Rd. then back along Mullholland Hwy. or simply cruise down the PCH and retrace our outbound route home.

You can view the proposed route here.

I recently took a couple photos while on this ride. You can see a little of what you have to look forward to here

THE DETAILS:
This is a twisty route for experienced riders. Posted speed limits on the PCH are as high as 55mph, so please make sure both you and your scooter are comfortable (aka safe) riding in these conditions. 125cc+ scooters only please. (Sorry folks with smaller scooters – the upcoming Brewery Art Walk ride is an all-scooter ride. Please come with on that!). Please make sure you have a full tank of gas for this ride. This route take us a long way from the nearest gas station.

The primary meetup spot will be 11:00am in the mall parking lot on the South East corner of Ventura Blvd and Topanga Cyn Blvd (there's a Starbuck's there). Other pre-meetup rendezvous spots will be arranged according to who RSVPs so that people can group up for the ride to the primary meetup spot if they wish.

Additional details and any changes will be posted on the meetup.com page. Please post any questions in the online comments form or email me directly (so we don't spam the group).

This will be a really great day of scooting. I hope many of you will come along for the ride!

Skootz

Map of Neptune's Net: http://snurl.com/4v21... 

Map of The Rock Store: http://www.rock-store...

Full details can be found at the LA Scooter MeetUp Group page

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

[Bump] This coming Saturday is the day. It's a really great ride. A day full of twisty, turny, scenic goodness. Hope you can join us.

For full details and info on any last minute changes, please check the Los Angeles Scooter Group webpage.

See you Saturday!

curtielambert

Ventures

Post by curtielambert »

Hi Modern Buddy Scooterists!

My name is Curtis from the Ventures Scooter Crew! Im planning on joining everyone for Saturday's ride. I spoke to some of our club members and I have a suggestion for Saturday's route:

If we could meet at Cal State Channel Islands (which is right by Potrero road) and ride the PCH together from Camarillo. This may be a bit father than the canyon route you have planned, but it would be cool to ride down as a big group. Also the campus has a nice lawn and parking lot for people to hang out while waiting for the other scooter group...

Im not sure if that is a lot of back tracking, but let us know what you think! Either way we are looking forward to the ride...

here is a map of where CSUCI is located:

http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&om=1 ... 32487&z=15

-Curtis
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Hey Curtis. Great you're going to be there. This is going to be a fun ride!

Meeting up sounds like a great idea. I had the same thought but had been trying to figure a good spot for us all to meet up. The UCCI campus sounds perfect. We will be coming down Potrero Rd anyways so it's right on the way. I see the parking lot etc in the Google map, just by the Oxnard St. turnoff (same one you're thinking of?)

I'll PM you and we can sort out the details, etc., etc...

Looking forward to Saturday!