PORTLAND, OR - Ride to the falls

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Kaos

PORTLAND, OR - Ride to the falls

Post by Kaos »

The Portland Modern Vespa Riders meetup group is having a ride to Multnomah falls. Note that dispite the name, this is an all scooters ride.

Quoted from their announcement:

Multnomah Falls ride -

Where and what: Going to start off this year with a mellow ride out to Multnomah falls (see link below for route). This is a fairly easy ride so will be a good opportunity to dust off the winter cobwebs.

We will meetup at Vespa of Portland at 11:30 AM. You should have your bike gassed up, tires at the right psi, especially if you have been hibernating for the winter :). We will depart from Vespa at noon. Ride is expected to be about 3- 3.5 hours, depending on how many stops we make.

Route: http://tinyurl.com/co...

Pace: Pace is going to be mellow, so all skill levels are welcome.

Weather caveat: Only planning on doing this if the weather holds out. If it is raining, I will reschedule.

Let me know if you have questions.

See you there!
broke

Post by broke »

I always forget to check this board! I wish there was a way for me to see all the topics with new posts on all the boards in one view...

Hey Kaos, can you add a +1 guest to your RSVP for that ride? I've asked the boss at home if I can partake and haven't gotten a "NO" yet ;-)

I used to be a member to that group, but thougt it was dead... plus, you and your bike would do better on their typical journeys that I would. Mine will barely hold 50 going up Burnside carrying me around... but it sounds like I'll be able to keep up on this ride.

Thanks!
Want and need divide me. Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

broke wrote:I always forget to check this board! I wish there was a way for me to see all the topics with new posts on all the boards in one view...

Hey Kaos, can you add a +1 guest to your RSVP for that ride? I've asked the boss at home if I can partake and haven't gotten a "NO" yet ;-)

I used to be a member to that group, but thougt it was dead... plus, you and your bike would do better on their typical journeys that I would. Mine will barely hold 50 going up Burnside carrying me around... but it sounds like I'll be able to keep up on this ride.

Thanks!
Will do, though I've not officially gotten a 100% Go-ahead from my "Boss" either ;)
broke

Post by broke »

I'm definitely going to this... we'll see if everyone wants still wants to if it is raining though. I'm planning on being at Vespa of Portland tomorrow at 11:30am regardless. Hope to see some of the portland area MBers!
broke

Post by broke »

This was a great ride for me. Very nice group of scooterists. I hope to make more meetups in the future! (log in to see a couple of photos below)
Attachments
Everyone say "free coffee!"
Everyone say "free coffee!"
mult_falls.jpg (167.52 KiB) Viewed 481 times
This spot is taken!
This spot is taken!
vista_house.jpg (100.31 KiB) Viewed 481 times
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Man, looks like a good group. I've always wanted to ride with Arjen and his BV500. :)