Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

nuttmeg75

Post by nuttmeg75 »

2 sightings tonight... a black Buddy at Riverside & Los Feliz Blvd. and a St Tropez on Glendale Blvd in Atwater Village.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

nuttmeg75 wrote:2 sightings tonight... a black Buddy at Riverside & Los Feliz Blvd. and a St Tropez on Glendale Blvd in Atwater Village.
Are you riding?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
nuttmeg75

Post by nuttmeg75 »

Yup. I was back on the horse 2 days after my crash last week.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Spotted a seafoam Buddy parked at the Racquet Club this morning!
Lift heavy eat clean!
n2tattoos

Post by n2tattoos »

saw a very familiar pink buddy with a young man at the helm, riding down Fairmount today...
beeporama

scooter stalker!

Post by beeporama »

Weird coincidence: my wife and I used to ride 50cc Hondas, a Metropolitan and Ruckus respectively. We frequently noticed another Metropolitan parked in front of a local restaurant delivery service.

This month we picked up a Buddy Pamplona for her and a BlackJack for me. And... now we see a Pamplona parked in front of that same delivery service instead!

Creepy!
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: scooter stalker!

Post by ericalm »

beeporama wrote:Weird coincidence: my wife and I used to ride 50cc Hondas, a Metropolitan and Ruckus respectively. We frequently noticed another Metropolitan parked in front of a local restaurant delivery service.

This month we picked up a Buddy Pamplona for her and a BlackJack for me. And... now we see a Pamplona parked in front of that same delivery service instead!

Creepy!
Wow. Some alternate dimension version of your wife snuck into our dimension and got a job there. Beware, she may look just like your wife but is probably evil. And if she and your wife ever meet, the universe may cease to exist.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Speaking of alternate dimensions: here's a shout out to the pink Buddy I see parked next to a powder blue Vespa LX 150 on 5th & Moore in Sowfilleffya. Remind y'all of any two we know? :D
ModBud #442
Kippy

Post by Kippy »

Saw a light blue color Buddy today at Colorado and Orange Grove heading east at Pasadena, CA.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

polianarchy wrote:Speaking of alternate dimensions: here's a shout out to the pink Buddy I see parked next to a powder blue Vespa LX 150 on 5th & Moore in Sowfilleffya. Remind y'all of any two we know? :D
Huh? Who? :)
Angela

Post by Angela »

n2tattoos wrote:saw a very familiar pink buddy with a young man at the helm, riding down Fairmount today...
Hahahhaaa :lol: Yeah, he wanted to go for a ride before she gets totally torn apart to make her look pretty.

Why do people always catch him riding her and not me :(

Did you notice he did get his own helmet? So he is all black and gold now.
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

Saw a pink Buddy turning onto Commercial St. in Neenah about 5:15 pm today. Didn't get a close enough look to see if it was a 50 or 125. Saw dozens of scooters today, more than motorcycles.
Lastyearsyou

Post by Lastyearsyou »

Last week I saw an Orange Buddy in Marathon, FL (part of the Florida Keys). Didn't see a single Genuine in Key West though :?

Should I think it's bizarre that such a scooter-filled community as Gainesville, FL has no presence on Modern Buddy? Am I the only Gator here? I am putting down the deposit on mine tomorrow :D . Solano Cycle will have to order my orange 50 as they only have a seafoam in stock. Pics will follow soon.
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

Saw a St. Tropez parked in the 15th Street parking deck across the street from the Woodruff Arts Center on Tuesday the 14th.
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
jbougere

Post by jbougere »

Black Buddy 50 and a male rider with matching full-face helmet coming out of Trader Joes in Foggy Bottom, DC. I asked him for the roadside assistance number... he suggested calling information. But then, I did chase after him outside the parking garage :lol:
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

so today [thursday], I parked on campus at UTSA in the motorcycle parking near Chisholm Hall and found an Italia parked there! I left that person a note saying he/she should join MB if they haven't already
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Welcome to the forum, Lastyearsyou!

There's quite a few Floridians here, but I do not recall if any are from G-ville specifically. Check the Rallies/Events forum for some Florida & Gulf Coast rides. :D
ModBud #442
msdallas2008

Post by msdallas2008 »

Orange Buddy at Gaston & La Vista on Thursday 4/16 around 6pm. I was in my truck so I didn't honk.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Guy on an Italia in a black hoodie on Sunnyside Rd around noon.

I was the guy a few cars back in the loud yellow station wagon.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Saw another scooty today, it was like a Tank classic or something, I couldn't tell if it was a guy or girl rider, but they
had a ball cap on and a blonde ponytail. I gave a beep and wave as I flew past them... ah, life in the fast lane....

Oh yeah, also saw a Helix.... and a Vespa P125X and an Aprilia Sportcity (those 2 were riding with me).
And also saw a '70s Primavera 125 that a friend of mine just bought (not yet running).
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

Saw a red Buddy in the Pick N Save parking lot at Fox Point Plaza this evening when I was picking up a pizza from Papa Murphys. Did you know a family size pizza fits perfectly in the Givi top case?

I took a fun ride today of about 60 miles, much of it at wot. My speedometer told me I hit 70mph for a good stretch of the ride, I think that means I was really going 60mph. Not bad for stock. Temp was about 70 but near the lake it was only 55. Great time, lots of bikes and scoots on the road.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Series Italia in my 'hood on Laurel Canyon Blvd. around 1pm today. Rider with an orange Z1R (I think) helmet with a white stripe.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Red Buddy with matching red Genuine topcase on Hope Street (Providence, RI) around 3/4pm-ish on Sunday.

Saw you go by again with a Kymco People(?) around 5pm-ish. People rider looked over at the Honda Dream and the blue Vespa P in front of the Rue de L'Espoir.

Is it a 50 or a 125?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ericalm wrote:Series Italia in my 'hood on Laurel Canyon Blvd. around 1pm today. Rider with an orange Z1R (I think) helmet with a white stripe.
Ha, think this rider just joined the scooter meetup group.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

ericalm wrote:
ericalm wrote:Series Italia in my 'hood on Laurel Canyon Blvd. around 1pm today. Rider with an orange Z1R (I think) helmet with a white stripe.
Ha, think this rider just joined the scooter meetup group.
Description sure is an exact match of one of the new members photos. Excellent.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
laxer

Post by laxer »

Saw a sunset orange buddy 125 in American Fork/Alpine yesterday, and a black buddy 125 going south on Geneva in Provo. Hello!!
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I saw a pink 50 on s.wacker in Chicago yesterday. It was pouring rain and in the 40's. you go girl! I said "nice buddy!" to the rider, but if she does not come on this board she probably thought I was nuts (true kind of).
lmyers

Post by lmyers »

Red Buddy ridden by a woman in a safety vest, crossing Peoria on 15th in Tulsa. VERY visible :)
Coffeejunkie

3 in one day WOO!

Post by Coffeejunkie »

I spotted two black Buddies around Lindbergh Station, and one canary yellow on my way back from PetSmart.

jijifer

Post by jijifer »

I saw an orange Buddy parked on D street/101 Hwy in Encinitas Friday Night - as I got out of my movie I saw the dude scoot off East on D.

HEY When did they make matching mats, glove holder things and and mats for colored buddies? I know the pinks do but I guess I didn't know the orange did. Why doesn't my 09 blue?

The yesterday on my meet-up ride there was this red one parked in La Jolla Shores only it was a deeper red than the one for sale as an '09. It was closer to "wine" with a bit of "brick" in it just shining in the sun. it literally turned my head. :D

Don't know if they were 125 or 50.
scoots4me

Post by scoots4me »

i've been away from the forum for a long time but now i'm back. just saw an adorable sea foam green buddy 50. we both made a left onto decatur street near GA state. i honked and got a nod back. hello buddy rider!
*** scootie scoot scoot ***
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

I saw my first buddy brother the other day in Long Beach. Orange 125, yippie!!
cadillaczac

Post by cadillaczac »

Wow...I finally saw another Buddy in Ventura...a Pamplona nonetheless. I believe the guy on the back of it has a Vespa (and maybe in our scooter club) and a girl was up front at the controls. I tried to catch up but they turned before I could.
Ventures Scooter Crew
Ventura County
www.camarollersscooterclub.blogspot.com
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

I dont see buddy's in NH but my daughter who lives in WA saw a red one on burnside in portland OR and a seafoam IN vancouver WA so Im glad she spotting for me I told her if she sees another to give you guys a hello from me rock on. I did see some zummas and a couple honda Elites this weekend yay I will be in p town the 11th of June hope to see you all
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:I dont see buddy's in NH but my daughter who lives in WA saw a red one on burnside in portland OR and a seafoam IN vancouver WA so Im glad she spotting for me I told her if she sees another to give you guys a hello from me rock on. I did see some zummas and a couple honda Elites this weekend yay I will be in p town the 11th of June hope to see you all
Let us know kneil, there's a ton of people to ride with here(assuming your Buddy is coming too!) :)
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

Kaos wrote:
kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:I dont see buddy's in NH but my daughter who lives in WA saw a red one on burnside in portland OR and a seafoam IN vancouver WA so Im glad she spotting for me I told her if she sees another to give you guys a hello from me rock on. I did see some zummas and a couple honda Elites this weekend yay I will be in p town the 11th of June hope to see you all
Let us know kneil, there's a ton of people to ride with here(assuming your Buddy is coming too!) :)
unfourtunatly my buddy couldnt get a seat on the plane i will only be in portland for the week, just a visit id like to see some of the Voodoo mods on your machine, seems like certain states are buddy meccas. we have alot of motorcycles as far as scoots we have a honda dealer and a yamaha my genuine guy closed up shop last year shortly after i bought my scoot the only dealer is an hour away Nh seems to be motorcycle land we have a rally every year in Lacoinia people form all over the country come for the week long rally. ive noticed that the scooter population is getting bigger just very slowly.
DIPA

Post by DIPA »

I saw a light blue Buddy last nite in West Philly...it was around 10PM. Dude in a t-shirt. It was around 49th st somewhere near Walton & Catherine. I leaned out of my truck as I passed by & admired! :)
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

Spotted a Pearl Buddy zipping down Peachtree Rd NE last night around 8pm as Laurie and I walked our dog, Gus past Felini's Pizza.

I thought it was awesome, my wife didn't have much thought on the subject, and Gus wanted a slice of pizza.

squash1978

Post by squash1978 »

Saw an orange Stella this morning on Forbes Ave near the Carnegie Mellon University campus. It's one of the few Genuines I've sighted in Pittsburgh.
laxer

Post by laxer »

Came out of one of my finals and there was a creamy little buddy parked next to my rattler outside of the Education Building.
dreamcaptured

Post by dreamcaptured »

Just saw an orange (sunset) Buddy scooter going through the drive through window of McDonalds in Lewisville (Texas) around 3:30. Female rider. Looks like she was having fun! I was in Chick-Fil-A wishing I had ridden mine today.
fretman

Post by fretman »

St Tropez on Murray St in Manhattan yesterday (or was it the day before?). First one I've ever seen in person. Nice!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Tangerine Buddy headed east on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy around 7:30ish this morning. Female rider.
abstraxion

Post by abstraxion »

Pink Buddy heading down Bachman Pl. near the UC San Diego Medical Center in San Diego, CA. Waves exchanged!
Angela

Post by Angela »

abstraxion wrote:Pink Buddy heading down Bachman Pl. near the UC San Diego Medical Center in San Diego, CA. Waves exchanged!
Was this a little while ago? Was it a pink and black Buddy?
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Couple on a red Buddy in front of the Whisky...

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Mike @ NoHo Scooters
Dealer

Post by Mike @ NoHo Scooters »

Saw a girl on a creme '07 Buddy going south on Lankershim at Burbank at 2 PM.
Mike Frankovich
NoHo Scooters
North Hollywood, CA
www.nohoscooters.com

Named "Best Scooter Shop" by Los Angeles Magazine in their 2009 Best Of LA issue!

www.twitter.com/nohoscooters
www.facebook.com/nohoscooters
www.youtube.com/nohomike
Ruffles von Roughhaus

Post by Ruffles von Roughhaus »

I just saw an orange Buddy 125 parked next to a blue Ford Mustang Cobra II, in front of Murphy's Law Pub on East Ave in Rochester. Nice lookin' combo.
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

I was doing yard work in my back yard yesterday when I heard a Harley cruising past. I looked to the road (N Lake Street) and saw a blue Buddy cruising next to the Harley.

Hello!!! Isn't there ANYBODY else in NE Wisconsin who reads Modern Buddy?
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

^ that image is like a shark with one of those feeder fish next to it.
Not the ugly remora's, but the cute little ones that pick sharks teeth.