Stella wont start

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kumori04

Stella wont start

Post by kumori04 »

Hey guys, I just bought a Stella a 6 months ago, but haven't ridden it for the last two months. Today, when I tried to start it up, it wouldn't turn over. Instead, it just kept giving me this loud buzz-like noise when I'd use the push-start button. Kick start wont work either.

I know I have about 1/2 tank of petrol left, and oil tank is full, so right now I'm assuming my battery is dead? Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any ideas as to what it might be?

Thanks in advance!
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

That buzzing sound is what it sounds like when your battery is low enough it cannot push the starter motor.

So the next question is, when you are trying to kick start it, are you doing so in Neutral and with the clutch OUT? (and the choke OUT, make sure your fuel lever is ON.)

Even if your battery is stonedead, it will kick start without trouble.
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
kumori04

Post by kumori04 »

Well, that would be my bad. I always thought you're supposed to kick-start with the clutch IN. Can you tell im a first-time owner? :lol:

Anyway, it works now that I tried with the clutch out. I'll head down to the store and swipe a battery as soon as I can.

Thank you so much for your help! I've learn my lesson!
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Yea! Good to know you got it going. :)

If it's going to sit a lot for long periods, invest in a battery tender. They cost what 1 replacement battery would cost. And are very nice for keeping your battery all happy during the winter.

The kick start thing is a common booboo. Don't worry about, I do it sometimes still and I've been riding since last summer.

:)
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com