Buddy in Progressive Insurance Ad

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Buddy in Progressive Insurance Ad

Post by jrsjr »

Ha! I just saw this and thought you all would enjoy.
Attachments
ProgressiveAd.jpg
ProgressiveAd.jpg (24.67 KiB) Viewed 2506 times
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Buddy provided by NoHo Scooters!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

Ha I love it, they'll have a Buddy in their ad, but when it came to giving me comprehensive on Victoria they wouldn't budge.
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

how awesome is that!?

it should have been a cream buddy instead :P
Beamster

Post by Beamster »

Coffeejunkie wrote:Ha I love it, they'll have a Buddy in their ad, but when it came to giving me comprehensive on Victoria they wouldn't budge.
We have full coverage from them for less than $100 a year.
abstraxion

Post by abstraxion »

Beamster wrote:
Coffeejunkie wrote:Ha I love it, they'll have a Buddy in their ad, but when it came to giving me comprehensive on Victoria they wouldn't budge.
How old are you, may I ask? I am 23 with a flawless record and I have to pay $83 a year for state minimum liability in California (Progressive wanted $200 for it).
Beamster

Post by Beamster »

I've got some years on you.
We live in a rural area and not in CA where things seem unreasonably priced.
Actually we have 4 bikes insured for 2 drivers with Progressive, all for $350.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease can we not turn this into another discussion of insurance rates? :)

We'll be covering this topic extensively in the new MB FAQ (under construction), but here's the basic scooter insurance primer:
http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/wiki-insurance
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

ericalm wrote:Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease can we not turn this into another discussion of insurance rates? :)

We'll be covering this topic extensively in the new MB FAQ (under construction), but here's the basic scooter insurance primer:

hahaha, every 2 weeks...
Beamster

Post by Beamster »

fs8gbe wrote:
ericalm wrote:Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease can we not turn this into another discussion of insurance rates? :)

hahaha, every 2 weeks...
Sorry, didn't know it was a tabu subject.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Beamster wrote:
fs8gbe wrote:

hahaha, every 2 weeks...
Sorry, didn't know it was a tabu subject.
It's not; just one that comes up a lot. This thread is more about spotting a Buddy than comparing/finding rates, though.

Here's a recent thread on that topic if anyone wants to chime in there:
viewtopic.php?t=10041

Progressive and Geico have both really upped their presence in the MC and scooter worlds. This campaign should be great exposure for the Buddy, which was also featured in Geico's print ads.
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

abstraxion wrote:
Beamster wrote:
How old are you, may I ask? I am 23 with a flawless record and I have to pay $83 a year for state minimum liability in California (Progressive wanted $200 for it).
I'm 32 flawless record. The agent on the phone wouldn't give me comprehensive coverage. I mentioned that the bike is worth over 3 grand and she practically mehed me. Even though I asked her a polite and friendly manner. So I went with Esurance this year for $250, but I'll hit the streets next year to try and get a lower deductible.
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

Beamster wrote:
Ditto that. (or is it every six months?)

I actually filed a claim shortly after signing with them. They handled the claim quickly and without any struggle. I've been quite happy with Progressive over the years.
minhhh

Post by minhhh »

full coverage for less thatn $100 a yr!?! shoot.. mines' liabilty and comprehensive for $180 a year.. full would've been 600+ for me.. im at esurance!
scoot scoot scoot
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

Hey, well done NOHO Scooters (where I got mine) :lol: I vote NoHo best scooter shop for positive advertising
kneil67@yahoo.com

Re: Buddy in Progressive Insurance Ad

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

jrsjr wrote:Ha! I just saw this and thought you all would enjoy.
do we get a buddy discount
Syd

Post by Syd »

Wanna know why rates vary?

Lawyers and statisticians, that's why.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
kneil67@yahoo.com

Re: Buddy in Progressive Insurance Ad

jrsjr wrote:Ha! I just saw this and thought you all would enjoy.
at first thing I thought oh know she jacked kaos scoot .
broke

Post by broke »

ORANGE! ftw
Want and need divide me. Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ScootStevie wrote:Hey, well done NOHO Scooters (where I got mine) :lol: I vote NoHo best scooter shop for positive advertising
:+!: NoHo provides a lot of the scooters for ad campaigns, movies, tv shows and various promotions. Mike & Co. have been instrumental in getting all sorts of media exposure for the Buddy.
kneil67@yahoo.com

broke wrote:ORANGE! ftw
:rofl: :!: :!: :!:
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Is that the same woman from the teevee commercials, Flo?
ModBud #442
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

polianarchy wrote:Is that the same woman from the teevee commercials, Flo?
It is.

I kind of have mixed feelings about Flo. She seems highly proficient at her job, but at the same time appears to work in a Progressive fantasyland that no customer will ever experience. Where, exactly, is that facility? Also, what is Flo like off the job? I imagine that demeanor would be a little tiresome over brunch. Does she do her own hair and makeup? Does she ever wear white or does it always make her feel as if she's at work? What does Flo drive? Has she taken the MSF?

Maybe I've put a little too much thought into this…
sparty

Post by sparty »

ericalm wrote:
Nope. Apparently she's pretty popular:

http://www.austin360.com/tv/content/tv/ ... ssive.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_Courtney

I used to find her annoying, but she kinda grew on me.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

ericalm wrote:, what is Flo like off the job?

As I said to Mrs. Raton the first time I saw her...she's a scooter girl!"

ericalm wrote:What does Flo drive?

Vintage...of course!

ericalm wrote:Does she ever wear white or does it always make her feel as if she's at work?

White...and tattoos

ericalm wrote:Maybe I've put a little too much thought into this…

Obviously...not enough!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
laxer

Post by laxer »

ericalm wrote:
polianarchy wrote:What does Flo drive? Has she taken the MSF?
Ok, now I know that I watch too much TV. In one of the motorcycle commercials a biker asks her if she rides a 500, and she says something like "No, 1100." Anywho, with an 1100cc Motorcycle and an orange buddy, I'd guess she's taken the MSF course...
abstraxion

Post by abstraxion »

sparty wrote:
ericalm wrote:
Nope. Apparently she's pretty popular:

http://www.austin360.com/tv/content/tv/ ... ssive.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_Courtney

I used to find her annoying, but she kinda grew on me.
OMG! Flo is Joy Peters from Tom Goes To The Mayor... so a voice actress from one of my favorite shows rides a Buddy (at least fictionally). Awesome.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Flo was on 5 episodes of Mad Men? I need to break out the DVDs and find that.

Sadly, I had the opportunity to go to the photo shoot for the first round of Progressive ads but was just beginning my weeks-long illness. Maybe I can tag along if they do more. I can help unload scooters!
broke

Post by broke »

laxer wrote:
ericalm wrote:What does Flo drive? Has she taken the MSF?
Ok, now I know that I watch too much TV. In one of the motorcycle commercials a biker asks her if she rides a 500, and she says something like "No, 1100." Anywho, with an 1100cc Motorcycle and an orange buddy, I'd guess she's taken the MSF course...
Bah! She says "900 V-twin"! Get yer Flo straight! ;)

Laxer, did you see that my Lumberjax went belly up? Lacrosse just isn't big enough to support a pro sport here I guess...
laxer

Post by laxer »

broke wrote:
laxer wrote:
ericalm wrote:What does Flo drive? Has she taken the MSF?
Bah! She says "900 V-twin"! Get yer Flo straight! ;)

Laxer, did you see that my Lumberjax went belly up? Lacrosse just isn't big enough to support a pro sport here I guess...
I knew I would get it wrong, oh well, guess you're the new TV king!

Yeah, sad about the Jax, the outdoor league folded four of their twelve teams, it's a bad time for smaller sports when the economy is in the hole. However, you do have some college teams (portland st., Oregon, etc.) that you can still watch FOR FREE!! :D
maribell

Post by maribell »

abstraxion wrote:
Beamster wrote:
I am in the same boat. Full coverage on my Vespa would be more expensive than my are insurance!
broke

Post by broke »

laxer wrote:I knew I would get it wrong, oh well, guess you're the new TV king!
Funny thing is... I _RARELY_ watch commercials with my TiVo... Apparently I pay attention when Flo is on ;)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

broke wrote:
laxer wrote:I knew I would get it wrong, oh well, guess you're the new TV king!
Funny thing is... I _RARELY_ watch commercials with my TiVo... Apparently I pay attention when Flo is on ;)
I'm pretty sure that one didn't air in this market. Progressive may not do MC coverage here. We did get some Geico MC insurance commercials. I'm also quite happy they're running ads for the MSF now!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I was at the Groundlings theater today and saw her photo up on the wall with the current roster. She wasn't there today—I was watching some friends in an advanced class performance.

Interestingly, when I mentioned this thread to friends, they all immediately went into a discussion of "Flo: hot or not?" I think she's funny and admire her dedication to customer service. :)
broke

Post by broke »

ericalm wrote:...they all immediately went into a discussion of "Flo: hot or not?" I think she's funny and admire her dedication to customer service. :)
heh. Perhaps the "Flo: hot or not" will become the "ginger vs. mary ann" of your generation... not exactly the same, but that is what I thought of when I read that.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

broke wrote:
ericalm wrote:...they all immediately went into a discussion of "Flo: hot or not?" I think she's funny and admire her dedication to customer service. :)
heh. Perhaps the "Flo: hot or not" will become the "ginger vs. mary ann" of your generation... not exactly the same, but that is what I thought of when I read that.
Uh… my generation? ;)
I'm not sure my generation was faced with such conundrums. Bailey vs. Jennifer, maybe? Kelly vs. Brenda? Buffy vs. Willow?
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Jeannie vs. Samantha?

(Jeannie)

Lita Ford vs. Joan Jett?

(Lita Ford)
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
TVB

Post by TVB »

For me it was Frank Hardy (Parker Stevenson) vs. Joe Hardy (Shaun Cassidy).
broke

Post by broke »

ericalm wrote:
broke wrote:
Uh… my generation? ;)
I'm not sure my generation was faced with such conundrums. Bailey vs. Jennifer, maybe? Kelly vs. Brenda? Buffy vs. Willow?
No no no... you mis-read and I wasn't clear...

MY GENERATION (older) worried about who was hotter... Ginger or Mary Ann.

YOUR GENERATION (younger) worry about Flo and all those others you named...

Hehe, you thought I was calling you an old guy! That's funny... How old are you? oh wait, its probably in that huge thread on here somewhere...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

broke wrote:
ericalm wrote:
broke wrote: heh. Perhaps the "Flo: hot or not" will become the "ginger vs. mary ann" of your generation... not exactly the same, but that is what I thought of when I read that.
Uh… my generation? ;)

Hehe, you thought I was calling you an old guy! That's funny... How old are you? oh wait, its probably in that huge thread on here somewhere...
Actually, I thought you were calling me a younger guy than I actually am (39), which is no offense at all. :)
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

ericalm wrote:
broke wrote:
ericalm wrote: Uh… my generation? ;)

Actually, I thought you were calling me a younger guy than I actually am (39), which is no offense at all. :)

You talkin' bout MY GENERATION?

You knew someone was going to do it!
www.teamscootertrash.com

broke

Post by broke »

ericalm wrote:Actually, I thought you were calling me a younger guy than I actually am (39), which is no offense at all. :)
Ah! I guess I act older than I should then... I'm 39 too. But I still remember the Ginger vs. Mary Ann debates as a kid... it was probably re-runs of debates even at that time, just like the show!
kneil67@yahoo.com

I think that mary ann, ginger, Flo, buffy , willow are all hot ,dont forget batgirl and cat woman
Tenchi

I've got the "Gecko" dude for insurance....

Post by Tenchi »

And I pay $141 a year for full coverage on my Kymco Super 8 150. Been M1 since 1971, so that may have had something to do with a good rate, even here in California. :D Last ticket was for speeding in New England in 1989 in a cage...knock on wood. My scoot seems to have a problem with acceleration, you see. She likes to go faster than I intend, gotta ask the Kymco technician about that when I go in for the 600 mile service. Speaking of which, I've been riding much bigger bikes back in the day before I got scooter fever with Elektra......and it's pretty exciting to be doing 50 on the open road with a scooter. Must be scooter fever.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

good deal. they must make genuine buddy scooter insurance lower just for this
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Nope! No such luck, even when admin asks nicely. What are you gonna do? :roll:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jrsjr wrote:
Nope! No such luck, even when admin asks nicely. What are you gonna do? :roll:
What, indeed? ;)
louie

Post by louie »

broke wrote:ORANGE! ftw
Orange buddy, for the wind. :wink:

i love urban dictionary. it's what keeps my generation in the know.

4. ftw 2589 up, 990 down
In biker gangs it meant F... the World,

but in online usage it mainly means For the Win.
When you see FTW, don't ever get a biker confused with a gamer or else you might be like "stfu n00b" and then get your face smashed in.

polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Q: Chevy Chase or Bill Murray?

A: Dan Aykroyd.
ModBud #442
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

Syd wrote:Wanna know why rates vary?

Lawyers and statisticians, that's why.
Add actuaries to that list!
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA