Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

nuttmeg75

Post by nuttmeg75 »

Yesterday, I spotted a red Buddy parked in front of Grub on Seward, just south of Santa Monica Blvd.
Angela

Post by Angela »

red Buddy on 30th close to El Cajon Blvd parked in front of True North.
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

i spotted a scooter on the road today, not a buddy unfortunately, it was a Venice scooter? I've never heard of it before so it was my first time seeing one
Animaetrix00

Post by Animaetrix00 »

Yesterday I saw a black buddy 125 on Washington near First, then a couple on Cleveland @ Washington each on their own Buddy!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Around 6:30, on Magnolia near Hollywood Way in fabulous Burbank—

First white Buddy spotting! I haven't seen one at the dealer yet, even. Female rider with Corazzo jacket and pink helmet.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
hackett

Post by hackett »

Saw a red 50 parked on Funston this morning.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

I saw a girl on a red Buddy 125 at Genessee & I-5. She scooted past me btwn the stopped cars and it braved me up to do the same since I had to be at Motorsports before it closed.

I eventually took the lead and I last saw her at Texas and the 8!
abstraxion

Post by abstraxion »

Tangerine Buddy on Hotel Circle South, near the self-storage place at around 2pm today.
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

I saw my first Stella today...on Broadway in Long Beach (is it any of you out there??) Anyways, big deal for me since I'm in California :lol:
Mikeybel

Post by Mikeybel »

I have been living in the valley of W. Mass for years, Northampton for the last 2 and haven't seen ANY buddy's! SO I picked up my first buddy from CT yesterday- a brand new black jack! I'll be parking that lil' puppy out on main street in front of the cafe for all to see. I can't promise that it will be parked for long though! Glad to have joined the Buddy scene! :D
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

Mikeybel wrote:I have been living in the valley of W. Mass for years, Northampton for the last 2 and haven't seen ANY buddy's! SO I picked up my first buddy from CT yesterday- a brand new black jack! I'll be parking that lil' puppy out on main street in front of the cafe for all to see. I can't promise that it will be parked for long though! Glad to have joined the Buddy scene! :D
welcome to newenglands mighty few club enjoy your ride NH is awesome right now alot of green and mild temps
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

I saw an orange 125 going South on Clark near Lincoln (1800 North) in Chicago at about 2:30 PM. Two girls(?) with olive green helmets.
nuttmeg75

Post by nuttmeg75 »

Saw an orange Buddy with a front rack going south on Beverly Glen Blvd near Wilshire around 9:15 this morning.
ajhoff

Post by ajhoff »

baby blue buddy tuesday 830am shell gas station at grand and Ashland. Chicago. Live in the area?
msdallas2008

Post by msdallas2008 »

Saw an Italia on Centerville, just south of Garland Road Sunday afternoon around 4.
Lastyearsyou

Post by Lastyearsyou »

On my way to class yesterday I missed the chemistry building because I was staring at a parked Tangerine Buddy; a 125 I think... Mine better be here Monday or I am going to raise such a fuss. :cry:
n2tattoos

Post by n2tattoos »

orange buddy on Park Blvd at 7:30 this morning
Angela

Post by Angela »

Yesterday a green Buddy on University parked kinda outside Baja Betty's. Cute matching helmet.

I saw a few others but can't remember now.
brape

Post by brape »

How much is that buddy in the window? (and how did it wind up in a display for a clothes store in Hartford?)

They had an old vespa in the store, but its not the sort of store I really want to go into. (to fancy for lil ole me)
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

brape wrote:...

They had an old vespa in the store, but its not the sort of store I really want to go into. (to fancy for lil ole me)
There's a shop up on Federal Hill (Providence's Little Italy) with a Vespa in the window. The scoot changes depending on mood. I always park in front as the guys that hang out in the front of the shop (who are usually wearing some sort of Ferrari branded apparel) always keep a stern eye on my scoot.

And I just found this today when doing a search for Schiaparelli stuff:
Elsa Schiaparelli in 1952. I'm so tempted to paint the P black & fuschia pink.

All along I thought you were going to say you spotted a new CT scooterist!
Attachments
elsa-schiaparelli-dress.jpg
elsa-schiaparelli-dress.jpg (29.78 KiB) Viewed 2487 times
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Saw a red Buddy on hwy 43 just past the Oregon City bridge yesterday
around 4PM
Props to you man for braving the weather too!
He waved, I waved back. Good times had by all.
broke

Post by broke »

Kaos wrote:Props to you man for braving the weather too!
The weather has been so cold and windy this week! It sucks. This morning almost made up for it though... I had sun and no wind for once this week.
Want and need divide me. Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

broke wrote:
Kaos wrote:Props to you man for braving the weather too!
The weather has been so cold and windy this week! It sucks. This morning almost made up for it though... I had sun and no wind for once this week.
Yeah and its supposed to be killer this weekend!
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

Mikeybel wrote:I have been living in the valley of W. Mass for years, Northampton for the last 2 and haven't seen ANY buddy's! SO I picked up my first buddy from CT yesterday- a brand new black jack! I'll be parking that lil' puppy out on main street in front of the cafe for all to see. I can't promise that it will be parked for long though! Glad to have joined the Buddy scene! :D
Welcome fellow Blackjacker, just a fair warning you may end up finding yourself loving it so much that you sleep next to it at night. :lol: :lol:
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
skibum

Post by skibum »

Yesterday in San Carlos, my first Buddy sighting of the Spring - Pink Buddy headed east on Holly around 3:30 pm - I am not alone!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Around 5:30ish, a guy blue Vino and a woman on a red Buddy crossing the intersection at 7th and Monroe in Oregon City.
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

Pair of Buddys, Pamploma and Italia at Rohr's greenhouse in Massillon Ohio.
mayra

Post by mayra »

saw an orange buddy around 3 pm at midlothian and ruthers and a pink 50 parked behind cary court today!!
laxer

Post by laxer »

I get so mad when I see a buddy and I'm all "Hey, a buddy!" and I smile and wave to the person and they just look at my Rattler like it some cheap Chinese toy and scoot past without any acknowledgment that I even exist. GRRRRR!!! :evil: :x :evil:
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

laxer wrote:I get so mad when I see a buddy and I'm all "Hey, a buddy!" and I smile and wave to the person and they just look at my Rattler like it some cheap Chinese toy and scoot past without any acknowledgment that I even exist. GRRRRR!!! :evil: :x :evil:
pure ignorance :roll:
laxer

Post by laxer »

bluebuddygirl wrote:
laxer wrote:I get so mad when I see a buddy and I'm all "Hey, a buddy!" and I smile and wave to the person and they just look at my Rattler like it some cheap Chinese toy and scoot past without any acknowledgment that I even exist. GRRRRR!!! :evil: :x :evil:
pure ignorance :roll:
Seriously. I mean, you should know who's in your own family, right?
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

I always get MORE excited to see a Rattler or a Roughhouse, because they're much less comon than Buddies.
Last edited by Kaos on Sun May 17, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxer

Post by laxer »

Kaos wrote:
I always get MORE excited to see a Rattler or a Ruckus, because they're much less comon than Buddies.
I'm sure you meant to say Roughhouse :P
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

laxer wrote:
Kaos wrote:
I always get MORE excited to see a Rattler or a Ruckus, because they're much less comon than Buddies.
Doh, yes. Don't post before your morning coffee kids....
laxer

Post by laxer »

Kaos wrote:
laxer wrote:
Kaos wrote: I always get MORE excited to see a Rattler or a Ruckus, because they're much less comon than Buddies.
Doh, yes. Don't post before your morning coffee kids....
...and doughnuts, yes, doughnuts...
amanda_c

Post by amanda_c »

I haven't been on this forum in ages, but I did want to post a sighting of a buddy and driver with some real cojones -- back in April I saw an Italia breeze by in the carpool lane of the 134 in the valley at a smooth 50mph while I sat in my cage stuck in traffic, like a sucker.
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

I saw a pair of buddy's heading east on Carlsbad Village Blvd today around 3pm - an Italia and either a Black Jack or just a black one. The black looked matte so that's why I'm thinking blackjack. I waved at them as I was heading West but neither noticed :( Cool to see at least 2 other buddies up this way :D
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

Pulling out of the Target shopping complex in Tacoma Sunday afternoon and lo and behold, there's a blue Stella with sidecar! Nice!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

This afternoon I saw the same Pamplona twice in Silverlake! Female rider, orange Nolan N30 helmet. She was ahead of me where Glendale and Rowena meet; she turned before I could wave hello. A couple hours later, I saw her again down at Glendale and Riverside. Got a wave that time. Howdy.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

Saw a black Buddy 125 on Washington near the Hinsdale train station. I left an invitation in the glove box to to join us on the this forum.
n2tattoos

Post by n2tattoos »

Dean F wrote:Saw a black Buddy 125 on Washington near the Hinsdale train station. I left an invitation in the glove box to to join us on the this forum.
that's a great idea. think i'll start doing that for the parked buddies i see.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

n2tattoos wrote:
Dean F wrote:Saw a black Buddy 125 on Washington near the Hinsdale train station. I left an invitation in the glove box to to join us on the this forum.
that's a great idea. think i'll start doing that for the parked buddies i see.
I try to do that as well. Some of them have actually showed up too ;)
Angela

Post by Angela »

I saw an orange Buddy with a white racing stripe downtown last night by Old Spaghetti Factory.
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

This is what the note looks like (front and back). It is the size of a business card.

laxer

Post by laxer »

Green Stella this morning southbound on Geneva Road.
jbougere

Post by jbougere »

Lady riding a red buddy with a red top case and 3/4 helmet flipped open last night at around 7:30 or so. She was cruising up 15th St. NW in BEAUTIFUL weather with this huge ear-ear grin. :D
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

2006 Creme Buddy, downtown Dayton, Ohio.

Male rider, about 5'7''-6'+

Black helmet, possibly HJC or Shoei, grey and black corazzo men's 5.0

4PM Wednesday
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

Dean F wrote:This is what the note looks like (front and back). It is the size of a business card.

very industrious!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Dean F wrote:This is what the note looks like (front and back). It is the size of a business card.

Awesome! Is that from one of the card PDFs we posted a while back? Are you printing them at home? I should re-post those somewhere.
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

Yes, it is one of your PDF's that I printed to plain paper using an Avery 5963 template. By the way that was the first ever picture I have ever posted to a forum.....they will get better!