Your buddy's bigger sibling: if you own a motorcycle

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

What make is your scooter's bigger sibling?

BMW
3%
BRP
No votes
Ducati
6%
Harley-Davidson
9%
Honda
24%
Kawasaki
18%
KTM
No votes
Suzuki
12%
Triumph
6%
Victory
No votes
Yamaha
No votes
Other, aka "I managed to forget one despite best efforts". :)
21%

Total votes: 33

Cheshire

Your buddy's bigger sibling: if you own a motorcycle

Post by Cheshire »

I'm curious.

EDIT: I knew I was forgetting something. If you have multiple motorcycles, go with the one you consider your "primary" bike.
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

How about a "I dont have a bigger brother" option :lol:
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

no big bro for me :(
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

I would've thought more people had motorcycles in addition to their scoots. :?

As for the scooter-only crowd: I'm mostly being curious about the complimentary relationship that goes along with the scooter. Kinda like the "what kind of scooter do you have and what OS do you run?" question.

If anyone cares to add: what style motorcycle do you ride, or know you prefer? Standard, sport, DS, cruiser? I'm curious!!
BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

Cheshire wrote:I would've thought more people had motorcycles in addition to their scoots. :?
how about those of us who have other scooters in addition to our scoots
As for the scooter-only crowd: I'm mostly being curious about the complimentary relationship that goes along with the scooter. Kinda like the "what kind of scooter do you have and what OS do you run?" question.
I have only scooters - the Blur is my primary - for commuting. I picked Suzuki because the Blur's big brother is the Burgman. TGB, the Blur's little brother, wasnt offered in your selections. I guess the wife's Buddy is the Blur's little sister :) If anyone cares to add: what style motorcycle do you ride, or know you prefer? Standard, sport, DS, cruiser? I'm curious!!
louie

Post by louie »

i like standards and have an xcountry. i wish i was a little taller and stronger so i could take my pick.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

I like the standards but my Bonneville mods are leaning more toward the Thruxton.
bunny

Post by bunny »

You can see from my avatar caption that we have Bonheur and Pinky.

Bonheur being the scooter and Pinky being a 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500cc. Big cruiser. BIG cruiser.

I can't even stand up on it. I have to lean to one side, and even then, I have to have help holding her up because she's not just big but heavy.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

louie

Post by louie »

bunny wrote:You can see from my avatar caption that we have Bonheur and Pinky.

Bonheur being the scooter and Pinky being a 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500cc. Big cruiser. BIG cruiser.

I can't even stand up on it. I have to lean to one side, and even then, I have to have help holding her up because she's not just big but heavy.
exactly, heavy is my big problem. when i was shopping my first trial was to see how easy it was for me to get it off the side stand. that trial took a lot of potential bikes off my list.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Although it is a scooter I voted Suzuki for my Burgman 650 Ex.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Stella, so "other." :wink:
ModBud #442
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

"Managed to forget one...." ?

You managed to forget THE one - a sidecar Ural. The other bike for the scooter rider who has a great scoot but wants to take the dog, a neighbor kid, your mother, or the weekly groceries for a ride.
ageekgirl

Post by ageekgirl »

Dooglas wrote:"Managed to forget one...." ?

You managed to forget THE one - a sidecar Ural. The other bike for the scooter rider who has a great scoot but wants to take the dog, a neighbor kid, your mother, or the weekly groceries for a ride.
Yup, DH has one of these! The scooter is mine, the Ural is his. He'll ride the scoot occasionally, I'll be the hack monkey when he wants company, or we want to ride together. After taking a variation on the MSF class, I feel like I can get us out of a sticky situation if something happens to him while I'm in the sidecar, but the Ural is his.
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

If money were no object and I had the garage space, I'd "need" maybe 4 or 5 bikes to fully satisfy my riding profile. I'd want a small scooter for urban stuff and my daily commute, a standard like my current Hyper for fun and "light touring", a pure small displacement dirt bike because there's nothing that's more fun than wringing out a lightweight in the dirt and something like a touring bike or adventure bike.

It's easier to describe the bikes that no longer interest me. They are the two styles at the opposite extremes: pure sport bikes and cruisers. I have no desire to cruise and find the cruiser riding position very uncomfortable. As for sport bikes, I also find them uncomfortable but the bigger problem is that, to me, they're just not much fun at legal speeds or in traffic.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

Dooglas wrote:"Managed to forget one...." ?

thats one hot ride how does the drive on the side car work
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

I'd never heard of Ural until you mentioned them. Gonna have to do some research now! :D

EDIT: Evil! I dub thee evil for introducing me to Urals! The dealer for my state is several hours away, carries Ducati, Triumph, BMW, and Ural. Jammit...that's a road trip, if for nothing else than eye candy!

EVIL!!! :twisted:
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

Cheshire wrote:I'd never heard of Ural until you mentioned them. Gonna have to do some research now! :D

EDIT: Evil! I dub thee evil for introducing me to Urals! The dealer for my state is several hours away, carries Ducati, Triumph, BMW, and Ural. Jammit...that's a road trip, if for nothing else than eye candy!

EVIL!!! :twisted:
I like the camo one
scooterhuze

When I don't take my Buddy...

Post by scooterhuze »

It's a Yukon XL for me-How's that for a contrast? It is either 90 miles or 90 feet per gallon. :)
Scooter dork and proud of it!