Sky Island Riders to Kitt Peak 5/2/09

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

Sky Island Riders to Kitt Peak 5/2/09

Post by Howardr »

Tucson's Sky Islands Riders took to the highways today, winding and climbing up about 4000 feet to Kitt Peak National Observatory. It was a bit windy but seven scoots went out and we had a great time.
For those still wondering about the performance of a stock Buddy 125. Alex was on his '06 white buddy, riding 2 up and made it to the top with no real difficulty. On the way back to Tucson, with a tail wind, we were all cruising around 60bph.

Howard
Attachments
This scenic overlook is at 6700'
This scenic overlook is at 6700'
scenic vista.jpg (196.65 KiB) Viewed 897 times
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Nice,is your Buddy the small one of the bunch? Looks that way.Hey wait up guy's! :lol:
Aerosmith, None Other.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Looks like a nice ride! I miss you guys! Sean's new work schedule sucks and he can't ride weekends, but maybe I can join you guys on one next month.

This month my weekends are occupied with scuba diving. 8)
Lift heavy eat clean!
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

Where are you diving?

I dive very occasionally. The cost is super prohibitive right now with my Student loan taking up about 25% of my take home pay. I did take a Deep dive class though last week. If I can save up the money I'll try to go this summer.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

rabbitgod wrote:Where are you diving?

I dive very occasionally. The cost is super prohibitive right now with my Student loan taking up about 25% of my take home pay. I did take a Deep dive class though last week. If I can save up the money I'll try to go this summer.
This weekend I'm just diving in the pool at the The Dive Shop, next weekend I am going down to Mexico to get my Open Water Certification :D

You should come! It's camping so it's only $160+~$40 for equipment rental.

I didn't know you dove! We should hang out and talk about diving, I'm a little obsessed with it right now :P
Lift heavy eat clean!
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

I've been diving for a few years. I learned at the Dive Shop too.

Are you going to Himalaya? Even at that price it's still too expensive for me right now. I can put away a few bucks here and there, but it'll have to be later in the summer.

I was going to try to get some certification dives in at the end of the month, but I don't think that can happen.

It's exciting though! I hope you have a good time in your class. We'll have to get together and I can tell you about how not to let your class mates kill you like they tried to do to me on my first time out.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

rabbitgod wrote:I've been diving for a few years. I learned at the Dive Shop too.

Are you going to Himalaya? Even at that price it's still too expensive for me right now. I can put away a few bucks here and there, but it'll have to be later in the summer.

I was going to try to get some certification dives in at the end of the month, but I don't think that can happen.

It's exciting though! I hope you have a good time in your class. We'll have to get together and I can tell you about how not to let your class mates kill you like they tried to do to me on my first time out.
Haha well the class ended up just being me and my dive buddy, Jason. They said they would normally cancel with only two people signing up, but they are training two new dive instructors. So now there are three people teaching the two of us how to dive, I feel pretty safe :P

Maybe you'll have some savings together when I get back from Hawaii. I'm thinking of doing Advanced Open Water in August or September. You could joooooiiiin innnnn! :D

PM me your phone number if you think you might be down for having a beer with us after class. We should be done around 9 or 10.
Lift heavy eat clean!