Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

broke

Post by broke »

My first sighting out in Hillsboro! A black Buddy turning left onto TV Hwy from 209th. You are brave man! I hate trying to turn left at that intersection!
Want and need divide me. Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho!
laxer

Post by laxer »

Sunset orange buddy parked at the orem Wal-mart, hello!
Tomboy.for.Equality

Post by Tomboy.for.Equality »

On 5/20 at about 5:30PM I saw an Italia or St. Tropez (hard to distinguish with my smoke colored shield) with a female driver heading east on Washtenaw in Ann Arbor. Thanks for the wave.
Philio81

Post by Philio81 »

Saw UnionZac - couldn't miss those stripes and w/ a large Prima roll bag coming into downtown Nashville via the Gateway bridge. Looked like the helmet got some customization too. I was rolling in on the bus; 9:15 Friday morning...
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

Buddy in on Long Beach Blvd (near the walmart). I think it was sunset orange, although it could have been a custom color. Anyone here??? Guy riding it. :D
PasadenaSue

Post by PasadenaSue »

La Canada, CA

Black buddy on Foothill near Angeles Crest around noon. I was on my Harley heading up the Crest. Anyone on MB?

PasadenaSue
buddyboop

Post by buddyboop »

Today on Oceanside Blvd. at 4:28, we saw a pink Buddy and driver had 1/2 pink helmet wearing a dress/skirt. We waved but got nothing in return :cry:
We were on a blue GT200 and a red GTS250 and a yellow MP3 500 if you saw scoots.
It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

Hey all! I just saw my first, for real up close and personal, Buddy Italia 150. And it's mine!

Saturday the hubby and I drove down to Scooterville in Minneapolis and picked up my Italia! I've been wanting a scooter for a while. Did a bunch of research and decided on the Buddy. Only problem.....no North Dakota dealer! Rats. Road trip!

Took advantage of the long weekend for a trip down combined with our first camping trip of spring.

I'm home now and Sophia is in the garage. The both of us are waiting for the rain to stop so we can get aquainted. :D
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

buddyboop wrote:Today on Oceanside Blvd. at 4:28, we saw a pink Buddy and driver had 1/2 pink helmet wearing a dress/skirt. We waved but got nothing in return :cry:
We were on a blue GT200 and a red GTS250 and a yellow MP3 500 if you saw scoots.

Buddy Boop - I PMd you but for some reason those get hung up in the outbox for a day (sometimes) if you're not a member of the San Diego meet up group, check the section on rallies and meet-ups here. I posted the link to the info for this Saturday's ride. It's 24 scoots strong and it's gonna be FUN!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jijifer wrote:
buddyboop wrote:Today on Oceanside Blvd. at 4:28, we saw a pink Buddy and driver had 1/2 pink helmet wearing a dress/skirt. We waved but got nothing in return :cry:

Buddy Boop - I PMd you but for some reason those get hung up in the outbox for a day (sometimes) if you're not a member of the San Diego meet up group, check the section on rallies and meet-ups here. I posted the link to the info for this Saturday's ride. It's 24 scoots strong and it's gonna be FUN!
Sometimes it helps to open a message in the Outbox and re-submit it.

Messages stay in the Outbox until they're read by the recipient. There's a glitch that causes things to hang there, sometimes, though.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jbougere

Post by jbougere »

A gentleman in a black 3/4 trench and matte-black 1/2 helmet was riding a creme buddy 50 down 16th street this morning. Striking buddy image!
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

Tomboy.for.Equality wrote:On 5/20 at about 5:30PM I saw an Italia or St. Tropez (hard to distinguish with my smoke colored shield) with a female driver heading east on Washtenaw in Ann Arbor. Thanks for the wave.
If it was an Italia I wonder if it wasn't my friend Jessica Sendra - she's a dj over at EMU and scoots to and from A2 to do it.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Saw a tangerine Buddy with rear rack around 8AM near Cedar Hills and Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy in Beaverton this morning. Rider was wearing a yellow hi-vis jacket and full face.
dsmith65

Franklin TN

Post by dsmith65 »

At last saw buddies near where I live. I St. Tropez, and a black buddy, turning left of Downs Blvd, onto HiWay 96 West.
MB #2349
BuddyDave

Post by BuddyDave »

I have seen two new buddys, in the last month, in the Oak Lawn area of Dallas. I gave them the Buddy wave.
~ Dave
<a href="http://www.readysteadygosc.com" target="_blank">Ready Steady Go! A Dallas Scooter Club</a>

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Pink Buddy with a basked on the front. This morning on Laurel Canyon near Oxnard in North Hollywood. I've seen a couple pink Buds in the area before, but not this one.
BuddyDave wrote:I have seen two new buddys, in the last month, in the Oak Lawn area of Dallas. I gave them the Buddy wave.
As I frequently say, DFW was a scooterless wasteland when I lived there. Now it seems like they're all over. I'd love go go back and ride around my old haunts on a scoot!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Saw two buddies and a sym cub tucked away in the back of a van this evening! I have reason to believe one of those buddies was voodoo'd. :lol: Some crazy people who claimed to be from NASA were milling around the van...strange. I think it had POC on the side of it! ;)
bunny

Post by bunny »

I saw NEWSLINKY this morning! First sighting in quite a long time. He was heading towards Euless-Main on Mid-Cities and I was going past him in the opposite direction!

YAY!
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

dsmith65

Franklin TN

Post by dsmith65 »

Little after 6 this evening a orange buddy heading north on Franklin road.
MB #2349
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

Saw a buddy Italia going down 2nd street in Long Beach today. Any of you MB'ers??? Oh, I also saw a very cool old vespa...extra mirrors, mud flap. 8)
knucklestar

Post by knucklestar »

I saw a Blackjack heading into old city last weekend. Then an Italia in fron of the Rocket Cat this weekend. I also saw a Stella at my dealer's yesterday with a built in sound system and it sounded so good for something blasting down the block.
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

I saw 7 buddies yesterday at the Virginia Highlands street festival.
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
bunny

Post by bunny »

A Pamplona, a St. Tropez and a red Buddy all over FW~ We went on a scooter ride with a bunch of DFW scooter peeps and it was FUNNNNN~
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

Saw a Pamplona on Sunday afternoon, riding west on 19th towards University Place.
dorian

Post by dorian »

Each morning for the past couple of weeks I've been seeing an Italia riding south on The Alameda accompanied by a friendly high wave. You on here at all? I'm on the Pamplona going north.
jrnrocco

Post by jrnrocco »

Saw a Sunset buddy on Charles St. Baltimore, in Charles Village. Fri, maybe Sat. :)
laxer

Post by laxer »

Saw a pomplona going north in Orem just past trafalga fun center, Hi!
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

there's a green buddy in my neighborhood, but the rider is so fast I can never catch up
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Original black & silver Buddy tonight on Riverside Blvd. near Coldwater Canyon.
eeyoremd

Post by eeyoremd »

While driving to work around 7:50 am. A green Buddy turning from River Road onto Railroad Blvd.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Saw a white Buddy around 7:30AM headed towards downtown on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy, Rider was very ATGATT. That new white color sure looks nice in the sun!
hackett

Post by hackett »

Orange buddy on Broadway this morning.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Whew hew,

My first sighting today.Seen an all pink buddy in my city of Fort Wayne,IN. The buddy was traveling on Lima road heading toward town.Who are you?
Aerosmith, None Other.
laxer

Post by laxer »

Someone with an awesome, decked out, green Stella has been parking by the house on the corner, it kinda makes me jealous.
digital-entropy

Post by digital-entropy »

Saw an Italia 150 parked at the hospital this morning in San Francisco. Parked my Italia 150 next to it :D.
nagamus

Post by nagamus »

I started riding scooters about six years ago here in Philly. Had an Italjet back then. And all I would ever see was the occasional Vespa, Vino and a Metropolitan here and there. Well that was then and now, I can't leave my South Philly house without see multiple Buddies! They're everywhere! Seriously, no exaggeration. I'm a Roughy rider myself but I love to see more and more of my fellow scooterists out there! Keep em' comin' to Philly Genuine! :D
Apiarist

Post by Apiarist »

6/16/09

i saw an orange buddy 125 on rte 360 a.k.a. hull st in chesterfield at around 5:15pm

then a different orange 125 (or the same one after the rider of the first one changed his helmet and jacket) on nansemond near patterson in the city of richmond a little before 6pm

it was cool seeing the one on hull. even though it looked like he was slowing traffic down there are plenty of lanes. and now i am more comfortable riding on that road to mah new daytime gig.

rock on
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I don't know what it is, but I've NEVER seen a Buddy that I hadn't set out to see (group rides or friends I'm riding with) here in the 804. It's just plain weird. I'm going to have to start traveling further out, I guess.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Saw a seafoam Buddy heading east on Sunset Blvd near San Vincente around 6pm. I waved but think traffic was demanding full attention...

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
oryx

Post by oryx »

i saw louie yesterday evening on highland ave., she saw us too, even though we weren't on the bikes, but walking on the sidewalk. we waved at each other. hi!
thehypercube

Post by thehypercube »

orange buddy heading east on 24th street and castro traded waves yesterday morning. pretty rare to trade waves with 2 wheelers here, even buddy to buddy - there are just too many - so that was nice.
rvajma

Post by rvajma »

Lostmycage, you just need to get into the Fan and Carytown more. I saw a light blue buddy, and a red one yesterday sitting out on the patio at Easy Street.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Saw one of only two local white Buddys on San Fernando Blvd. in Glendale tonight around 10 or later. May be the same one I've seen before in Burbank area.
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

my first sighting that wasnt my refection I saw it in nw portland OR
it had a stella cover, so maybe its a spy undercover?
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

In Richmond, I'm forever seeing the guy on the checkerboard metermaid-looking scooter wearing a red mohawk helmet. There's also a girl who rides an older white-and-green 50cc scooter. I see quite a few people on Forest Hill and in the Carytown area - saw my first pink Buddy last week parked on Boulevard.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Maybe it's because I had to go four towns over and over 50 miles to get my Rat, but I have seen not one buddy or Genuine scooter for that matter but my own. I've seen a few Vespas, Metros, Baccios,quite a few no name Chinese. I looked on the map and I think there's one MB member within 50 miles of me. There's a few in florida but mostly east coast and Northern, one day i will see a buddy oh yess I will!
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

I saw a white buddy on my ride to the city on Saturday, I just can't remember exactly where. I wondered if it was the dude who was buying a white buddy a few weeks earlier at Motorsports. I'm thinking it was on Genessee.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

OK not a buddy, but it is my first confirmed sighting of a Genuinue product in Lancaster County, Pa. (other than mine of corse)

Orange Stella, Sunday 21 June at Longs Park. 'Free' Buckwheat Zydeco concert.
purromaniac

Post by purromaniac »

Black Buddy at Safeway, Elliott and 48th St, Thursday afternoon.
laxer

Post by laxer »

Saw an Italia out front of the Smith's in Provo. Also, an orange Stella going north on geneva road (the rider was a jackass and glared at me when I gave him the wave).