Take That Ms. Can't Be Patient

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Coffeejunkie

Take That Ms. Can't Be Patient

Post by Coffeejunkie »

The other day I visited a friend in the hospital, and I had a fun event in the parking deck on my way out. Being lazy I just pulled the segment out of my blog instead of writing it all over again.

I said my goodbyes and then headed back to Victoria, powered her up, tossed on my gear, and headed out toward the exit. On my way down a woman was backing out, so I patiently stopped and waited. The woman behind me felt she was too important to wait behind my scoot and decided to squeeze around me. Calmly I decided that this was not how this was going down, and when she had to stop because there was a car sized object blocking her path, I maneuvered Victoria back in front of “Ms. I’m too important to wait behind you” happily giving her the evil eye, but the best part was when she had to pay the lady at the toll while the woman in the booth waved at me to just go around the gate arm with out having to pay a dime. SCOOTER WIN!
Last edited by Coffeejunkie on Tue May 26, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
buddyboop

Post by buddyboop »

AWESOME!!!
It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

HA HA!!!!
so tough, so pink
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Big :+!:

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Good one!

High up in the "cager behaviors that piss me off when I'm on the scooter" is the person who impatiently tailgates me or pulls around me only to find they can't get anywhere any faster. Grrr. This is one of the things that brings out my inner dangerously aggressive testosterone fueled scooterist. I will honk and yell and gesture. I have been learning to contain the beast.

The most recent occurrence was on a twisty 2-lane road through a canyon. It does get backed up with traffic, as it's the most convenient route to get from my area to Beverly Hills. A guy in a Mercedes, illegally talking on the phone, crossed the double yellow lines to pull around me only to find there was a car in front of me slowing me down and there was no way he was going to get down the hill any faster despite having pulled that total jackass and dangerous move. I honked at him as he pulled around me and at the bottom of the hill, as I was next to him at a light (because he didn't get there any faster than I did), I gave him the evil eye while resisting the urge to use a lot of bad words.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

There was a guy in a truck tail gating my wife and I last night. More specifically my wife as we were staggered. I proceeded to slow down and give him the back off or I'll cut your throat look so he did :lol:

Earlier yesterday a car full of teenagers were trying to hit light poles with a stick (I was following). I saw the kid look at me as he thought about throwing said stick back at me, gave him the same look and he dropped the stick.

So all in all, yesterday was pretty good. :lol:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ScooterTrash wrote:There was a guy in a truck tail gating my wife and I last night. More specifically my wife as we were staggered. I proceeded to slow down and give him the back off or I'll cut your throat look so he did :lol:

Earlier yesterday a car full of teenagers were trying to hit light poles with a stick (I was following). I saw the kid look at me as he thought about throwing said stick back at me, gave him the same look and he dropped the stick.

That's a mighty powerful look you have there!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

ScooterTrash wrote:...give him the back off or I'll cut your throat look ... gave him the same look and he dropped the stick...
:needpics:

:)

Animaetrix00

Post by Animaetrix00 »

I agree with Skootz.
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

:+!: I don't get it either. Why pull around someone...just to stop at the next light 5 secs away. These people are impatient idiots and need to take a chill pill. I notice being on my scoot mellows me out more than normal. I just think "They're idiots that can't drive...so just leave it alone".
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

ScooterTrash wrote:There was a guy in a truck tail gating my wife and I last night. More specifically my wife as we were staggered. I proceeded to slow down and give him the back off or I'll cut your throat look so he did :lol:

first thing that came to mind:

Ghost Rider's PENANCE STARE!!!!
laxer

Post by laxer »

It's funny, when I was a cager I may have acted like an idiot to people in cars, on scooters, in planes, whatever was in my way, especially when I was late. Now that I'm a scooterist (scooterer? scooterard? scooteranian?), I just love being on the road and kind of want it to take a long time for me to get somewhere.
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

so check THIS - this weekend I was scootin' up the coast and was behind some Harley guys. As we got going off a light, one of the dudes flicked a cigarette - not a me but FRICK doesn't he get that as a cyclist, a lit cig is a pretty stupid thing to toss? Why was he working a cig in the FIRST place? Total tool.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

jijifer wrote:so check THIS - this weekend I was scootin' up the coast and was behind some Harley guys. As we got going off a light, one of the dudes flicked a cigarette - not a me but FRICK doesn't he get that as a cyclist, a lit cig is a pretty stupid thing to toss? Why was he working a cig in the FIRST place? Total tool.
Lots of big cruiser riders like to smoke while riding. Not sure why. Its a very strange thing. None of them seem to have ash trays though. Hmm, maybe I'll ask next time one is next to me at a light. :D
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

Yesterday I went for a ride along the lake with my daughter as a passenger. The speed limit on the road is 25 through the city then increases to 35 through the rural residential area. When the road goes country (still lightly residential) the speed increases 45. I was following a minivan with about a 3 second cushion of space between us. My indicated speed on this stretch of road was 60 to 65mph. I noticed a white car catch up to us then start following with only a 1 second space between us. After about two miles of this my mirrors showed flashing red and blue lights behind be, CRAP! Oh, wait a minute, the cop was two vehicles back, pulling over my tailgater. I know I was speeding, to stay with the flow of traffic, but the woman driving the white car obviously felt that wasn't fast enough. A minute down the road I turned around and headed home. It was kind of fun giving her the stare as we rode past in the opposite direction.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

gr8dog wrote:... the cop was two vehicles back, pulling over my tailgater...
That is AWESOME!!! I love this story! :+!:

SamMax

Post by SamMax »

I can't stand impatient people... had a guy last week pass me in my own lane- almost knocked me off the road...serves me right for driving to far to the right of the lane...but I think if I had been off to the left he would have passed me on the right, and I was going a decent speed
“I think the environment should be put in the category of our national security.
Defense of our resources is just as important as defense abroad.
Otherwise what is there to defend?”~Robert Redford
betsy q. bramble

Post by betsy q. bramble »

as i posted in the "who's crashed" thread, i had an unnecessarily impatient SUV run me out of my lane and right off my scooter, in fact. still have the bruises to show for my 15 foot asphalt slide. dicks.
n2tattoos

Post by n2tattoos »

this is probably going to be the death of me. but when i have a tailgater, i tend to glide back and forth in the lane so they can't pass and get even more pissed off. then i let them pass me and when we get to a light, i lane split so i get right back in front of them.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

n2tattoos wrote:this is probably going to be the death of me. but when i have a tailgater, i tend to glide back and forth in the lane so they can't pass and get even more pissed off. then i let them pass me and when we get to a light, i lane split so i get right back in front of them.
:wtf: Really? I hope the incident that changes your mind about doing this doesn't leave you in a wheelchair or worse.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
broke

Post by broke »

Lostmycage wrote:
n2tattoos wrote:this is probably going to be the death of me. but when i have a tailgater, i tend to glide back and forth in the lane so they can't pass and get even more pissed off. then i let them pass me and when we get to a light, i lane split so i get right back in front of them.
:wtf: Really? I hope the incident that changes your mind about doing this doesn't leave you in a wheelchair or worse.
I'm with LMC on this one. Impatient jerks in cars really DO NOT comprehend the consequences of their aggressive behavior. In fact, very few may even feel remorse when you're getting loaded onto a back board by the paramedics. It just aint worth it. (sorry about being preachy...)
Want and need divide me. Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho!
Scooter Hoot

Post by Scooter Hoot »

DennisD wrote:Lots of big cruiser riders like to smoke while riding. Not sure why. Its a very strange thing. None of them seem to have ash trays though. Hmm, maybe I'll ask next time one is next to me at a light. :D
You can ask a goldwing rider - I think the ashtray is between the expresso maker and the toaster oven, right above the Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound system.
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:
I once had a cop pull over a guy that cut me off. It ended with a slow speed chase and the guy being tazed in my neighbors lawn.

Best karma revenge ever.
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

Ray Knobs wrote:
Skootz Kabootz wrote:
I once had a cop pull over a guy that cut me off. It ended with a slow speed chase and the guy being tazed in my neighbors lawn.

Best karma revenge ever.
:lol: That must have been satisfying
Tenchi

Post by Tenchi »

So far, only dingbats with a cell phone stuck in their ear have pulled out in front of me without even acknowledging my presence. The last time, I pulled over to the side of the road, got behind her. and followed her for a couple of miles. She finally got nervous and pulled over to let me pass. I pulled back over to the side of the road and let her pass me again, then pulled away at the next light. Maybe a wake up call, I dunno, but I am getting tired of people breaking the California law about cell phoning and driving. Unless she was calling the hospital for a brain scan (allowed here, calling emergency numbers is legal), she was probably discussing the last episode of Ugly Betty with her girlfriend.
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

Ray Knobs wrote:
Skootz Kabootz wrote:

Best karma revenge ever.

YES!!! I am fist pumping right now!

This morning I was taking my daughters to school. The SUV in front of me put on the left blinker and pulled close to the center line. In my incomprehensible ignorance I interpreted these two moves indicated an intent to turn LEFT. I moved my car to the right to go around the left turning vehicle. My mistake. The SUV suddenly turned right into a parking lot. This caused me to brake hard in the rain while whipping the wheel to the left. I came to a stop diagonally in the road while yelling "JACKASS". I promptly apologized to my daughters for my outburst but said the driver WAS an ASS. Here is the best part, the parking lot was for the fire department. I hope the jackass SUV driver does not also drive the firetruck.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Tenchi wrote:I am getting tired of people breaking the California law about cell phoning and driving.
Yep, this is just driving me nuts. It seemed to get better… for a while… But now it seems most people have just forgotten it.
cadillaczac

Post by cadillaczac »

I almost had a lady talking on her cell phone go right into me... appearently one lane wasn't enough for her Mercedes SUV.
The thing that gets me is no matter how fast I go someone is tailgating me(all I think of is if I go down I'm getting ran over and killed). I can go 20 MPH over the speed limit and still have Johnny Jerkwad riding my ass. Perhaps a license plate frame that reads 'If your gonna ride my ass at least pull my beard" might fend off the tailgaters . . .
Ventures Scooter Crew
Ventura County
www.camarollersscooterclub.blogspot.com
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

ericalm wrote:
Tenchi wrote:I am getting tired of people breaking the California law about cell phoning and driving.
Yep, this is just driving me nuts. It seemed to get better… for a while… But now it seems most people have just forgotten it.
Atlanta's new thing is people texting while driving. I mean come on people logic should prevail that if a phone conversation can get in the way, then writing a friking text would be even worse.
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

I am just so tired of this 'me first f**k you' attitude of our society these days!! I was home on Long Island 2 weeks ago for an extended visit. In the neighborhood I grew up in there's stop signs at the intersections, gee wizz, I stop at them, with out of state plates, people holler out their windows for me to get out of their way, they have their kids with them and live there too!!!! These things were put up in the 50's and 60's for the saftey of the KIDS!!! The block I grew up on is not even 1500 feet long, the people who now live there will drive 50-60 mph just to the corner!! My mom was pulling her car out the other day while I was there, some young punk from down the block HAD to squeeze by running my foot over at the same time, just to zoom 50mph 300feet into his driveway!! NOTHING more that inconsederate ASSHOLES in society now!!
redcass

Post by redcass »

Ray Knobs wrote: I once had a cop pull over a guy that cut me off. It ended with a slow speed chase and the guy being tazed in my neighbors lawn.

Best karma revenge ever.
That's so good, it's like you made it up. :D
RedCass
beeporama

Post by beeporama »

broke wrote:I'm with LMC on this one. Impatient jerks in cars really DO NOT comprehend the consequences of their aggressive behavior. In fact, very few may even feel remorse when you're getting loaded onto a back board by the paramedics. It just aint worth it. (sorry about being preachy...)
I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt; the girl standing over me who I had to ask to please call 911 looked very remorseful. All the remorse in the world didn't save me an ambulance ride and a few months in a sling without riding.

I used to be vengeful about not letting self-important people pass, or whatever, but I think I'm just going to let it go. After all, if they can't get anywhere any faster, neither can I; and even if I "teach them a lesson" it will just be a different idiot tomorrow, as long as people keep turning 16 there will be a fresh crop of idiots every year. I'll just safely hang out another car length back.
louie

Post by louie »

beeporama wrote:...
I used to be vengeful about not letting self-important people pass, or whatever, but I think I'm just going to let it go. After all, if they can't get anywhere any faster, neither can I; and even if I "teach them a lesson" it will just be a different idiot tomorrow, as long as people keep turning 16 there will be a fresh crop of idiots every year. I'll just safely hang out another car length back.
8)
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Dang KABarash! That dood really ran your foot over? That's jacked up.

I know what you mean though, society is becoming more and more inconsiderate in general. It seems like everyone is always in some huge hurry (usually without cause) which makes them up tight and just plain rude jerks! I can't say that about everyone of course, but it's pretty apparent just in the last maybe 5-10 years.