RIP, good friend

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Spoooon

RIP, good friend

Post by Spoooon »

It is with great sadness that I report the loss of my black/grey 07 Blur. I bought her new (with 3 BDU on the odometer!) last April and in the past 14 months put 1800 miles on it zipping all over the Chicago area.

I had loaned it to a friend to take the motorcycle certification test for IL (notoriously more difficult for those with bigger bikes) and on the way to testing center, someone ran a stop sign and he had no choice but to bail off. The frame was bent and so insurance is saying it's totaled.

The other drivers insurance will cover something, but after so much research and joy with my Blur over the past year, it's hard to think about replacing it.

Anyone have a similar experience, or recos on other scoots to check out? The handling and performance was what sold me on hte Blur, so the closer i can get to that, the better.

thanks!
bicyclerider

Post by bicyclerider »

Sorry to hear about the accident.
What are the odds of that happening?
Crazy.

I have a 2006 Orange Blur I would be willing to sell at a great price.

I have a lead on a bigger scooter and would like to sell my Blur.
KCScooterDude

Re: RIP, good friend

Post by KCScooterDude »

Spoooon wrote:It is with great sadness that I report the loss of my black/grey 07 Blur. I bought her new (with 3 BDU on the odometer!) last April and in the past 14 months put 1800 miles on it zipping all over the Chicago area.

I had loaned it to a friend to take the motorcycle certification test for IL (notoriously more difficult for those with bigger bikes) and on the way to testing center, someone ran a stop sign and he had no choice but to bail off. The frame was bent and so insurance is saying it's totaled.

The other drivers insurance will cover something, but after so much research and joy with my Blur over the past year, it's hard to think about replacing it.

Anyone have a similar experience, or recos on other scoots to check out? The handling and performance was what sold me on hte Blur, so the closer i can get to that, the better.

thanks!
It's a sad day when a Blur goes to that scooter junkyard in the sky. Since you are in Chicago, go to Genuine and see if they'll put you on the list for the first new "touring" scooter based on the Blur. Then, report back to us and tell is if it's a myth or not.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Sorry for the loss of your Blur. They're rare enough as it is without this kind of stuff going on.

Don't mean to sound like a ghoul, but do you still have possession of the scoot? Reason I ask is that you could probably turn a few bucks parting out the good stuff. Scarce as Blurs are, you might find a ready market here for salvageable parts. As an added bonus, your Blur gets to live again, in a manner of speaking.
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

charlie55 wrote:Sorry for the loss of your Blur. They're rare enough as it is without this kind of stuff going on.

Don't mean to sound like a ghoul, but do you still have possession of the scoot? Reason I ask is that you could probably turn a few bucks parting out the good stuff. Scarce as Blurs are, you might find a ready market here for salvageable parts. As an added bonus, your Blur gets to live again, in a manner of speaking.
same here, i was just about to ask, how much for the panels and are any of them in good shape?
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I'm sorry to hear about this. It must have hit pretty hard or just right; the Blur's frame is stupid tough. Glad your friend is OK, though.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Spoooon

Post by Spoooon »

It actually got towed to ScooterWorks, so I'll head up there tomorrow and figure out what the deal is with everything...I had to travel again right after getting back home so I haven't even seen it yet!

The bright side is in talking to my insurance company, they do replacement cost -- but how do you figure replacement cost on a scooter that isn't made anymore??

I'm definitely going to see if i can get any info on a blur-based replacement from the good folks up there, but don't think any of us should be holding our breath :-)