We're now a 3 scoot family - welcome new baby Stella!

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

shawnie

We're now a 3 scoot family - welcome new baby Stella!

Post by shawnie »

My husband and I are the proud owners of a new orange Stella! It's what we wanted in the beginning back in July when we got the scooter bug but we were intimidated by the shifting so we both got Buddys. We love our Buds but still craved the Stella. Our shop had a really awesome spring sale going on and there was no way we could pass up the price so we did it! Not sure when we'll get her home as it's supposed to rain all week but she's there waiting for us :D
I'm sure I'll be posting with lots of questions in the future...
bluefox

Post by bluefox »

Congrats! Welcome to the Stella 2T family!!! I would get you a present... but.... the best I could do was this.

ImageImage
shawnie

Post by shawnie »

so I got to ride the Stella for the first time yesterday. i had no trouble at all so hopefully the weather will hold out tomorrow and I can bring her home!

Image[/img]
shawnie

Post by shawnie »

well, she was great for a little over 2 months. a lady ran a red light in front of me on Tuesday and unfortunately i couldn't stop fast enough and i hit her. spent the night in the ER but turns out i'm fine. just banged up/bruised up and sad that my 2 stroke ride is down for the moment. broken clutch lever and scratched/dented up complete left side. luckily the lady has insurance so i can get the ride fixed AND replace my cracked helmet. hopefully by that time my tail bone will be healed since that's apparently what i landed on (before i hit my head). pay attention people!!!
iwabj

Post by iwabj »

00ps
Last edited by iwabj on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shawnie

Post by shawnie »

i don't think it would've mattered. i saw her coming and that she wasn't going slow enough to stop so i started breaking but i just didn't have enough time or space to get out of it. i imagine being on the buddy it would've happened exactly the same way but who knows. i'm just glad i was paying attention and did see her coming so i was able to break some. i was probably going about 15-20 mph upon impact and i'm guessing that if i hadn't hit my breaks she would've hit me instead of me hitting her.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

SHEEEYIT! I'm glad you're healing up & that she has insurance. Mind posting your story to the "Who's Crashed?" thread: topic635.html
ModBud #442
shawnie

Post by shawnie »

it should be on the who's crashed thread already...