Love my new Zippys

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

Love my new Zippys

Post by Howardr »

Time to change tires again on the scoot. This time I tried Continental Zippys. Mann what a difference in the ride. It is significantly smoother. With the stock tires, those seams in the asphalt would cause me to swerve and potentially lose control. The Zippy's handle much better on those seams.
i am very pleased and impressed. Thanks MD for the recommendation. The scooter shop asked where I had heard of them and I proudly proclaimed "From modern Buddy, of course."
i definitely recommend them.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

Right?! I L-O-V-E them.

Did you get the 100/90? or the 3.5/10?

I'm wondering if it is just the tread or the bigger tire. I used to flinch when I'd see a crease in the road, heck! even the raised letters that indicated Pedestrian Crossing used to make my stock tires squirm. So far, nothing, not even wind makes me wobbly on Zippys!
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

I am approaching 5000 miles and my back tire is in need of replacement. The tread on the front is still deep. I have repeatedly noticed people leaving less than favorable comments regarding the stock tires. In my experience they stick to the road like they are damn near a part of the pavement itself. I have only lost traction on wet paint (wet with water) or on wet metal such as sewer caps. I have never had an issue traversing a road crease, however I always try to cross them at a steep angle. Tar snakes on the other hand can momentarily grab the tires but it has never been more than a hiccup. Am I simply not aware of the difference in tires because I have never experienced it?

Soooooo......... here is my dilemma. Do I replace the rear tire with the same as the stock or do I get a Zippy or some other high quality brand and run two different types of tires, stock on front and Zippy (or whatever else) on rear? Is it best to replace both tires even if the front is only at its half life? Do you really think I will notice a significant difference with another brand? Oh yea, I do take corners fast and the sides have nearly as much wear as the centers of my tires so good grip is essential. At this point I feel as though I should get another stock tire for the rear and when they wear out together, then I can replace them both with a better tire.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

You can replace just the rear tire if the front one still has life (just had this done on my scooter by NoHo Scooters). I am not an expert on whether you should have matching tire brands front and rear, but I believe that is considered best.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

so here's what my shop knows about me: I love my scooter. It's my only means of transport and I'm on a budget but need my scooter to be kept on the road and safely.

So every bit of advice the give me is based on knowing me and my scooter. I'm clocking 1.1k a month on average. I'm doing so at WOT for a good portion of those miles. My tires need to be good, my oil needs to be kept clean and I need to drive safe.

So when they told me back tire was 80% and had about 200miles left in it (the way I ride, the weight I am, the roads I take) I was like - well - can I just change the back one?

They grunted at me. I needed to save money! I don't have an endless supply to put into this scooter - I pleaded. He immediately said, no, changing just the one is going to cost me a lot in the end. If the back tire is gripping more then the front tire will squirm more, for instance. He said that he'd give me 25% off the second one if it would mean I'd get both done as my front tire would be spent in about 2.5weeks and I'd just be in again. I begged borrowed and sold to get both done ($183 with tax and labor) and I’ve never regretted it even as I ate frickin’ buttered pasta and frozen peas for a week and half.

Can you just change one? Yes – ScootzKabootz has. BUT if you have the means, it makes way more financial sense to do them both. Ask your shop for a similar deal on 2 tires. If you take it in twice, you’ll pay for 2 hours of labor (likely) rather than 1.5 if done at once.

No, I didn’t think my stock tires were bad either. I figured a plastic bike that weighs 225lbs would be squirrely on grooved roads and windy rides. My shop said that these Zippy 1 100/90 would not only give me better stability, smoother curves and ride, that my engine wouldn’t have to work so hard to keep it at WOT with these on the road. They weren’t kidding. I seldom realize I’ve hit WOT simply because my scoot isn’t revving as loud. I gained about 2mph on my top end from these. I haven’t had a single wobble since installing them.

So do stock tires suck? Compared to the Zippy’s yes. Ignorance is bliss, however. So if you are happy on stock and really don’t believe the Zippys will make a difference, then don’t sweat it.

Depending on a lot of factors, maybe changing just 1 tire is ok for you. Doesn’t hurt to ask for a two tire discount and see if you can’t be riding on equal footing. My stepdad used to say “You don’t get what you don’t ask for”.

I have a shop whom I trust and know aren't screwing me. They know my bike well as they do me as a worrier. If they tell me something is safer than something else, it's because they know I want to know that.

If the question is "can I?" clearly the answer is "yes" the question should be "should I?" and well that depends on a lot of rider factors that only you and hopefully your dealer knows. My answer was "No YOU shouldn't." yours may be different.

GOOD LUCK!
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Check out what other scooter riders have to say about the Heidenau brand tires.Lets just say several riders who have used a handful of top name brands are staying with the Heidenau.I'm pretty sure they have em in the Buddys size.I have read other threads in the past where riders are totally impressed with this brand.

http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic43166
Aerosmith, None Other.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

jijifer wrote: So when they told me back tire was 80% and had about 200miles left in it (the way I ride, the weight I am, the roads I take) I was like - well - can I just change the back one?

They grunted at me. I needed to save money! I don't have an endless supply to put into this scooter - I pleaded. He immediately said, no, changing just the one is going to cost me a lot in the end. If the back tire is gripping more then the front tire will squirm more, for instance. He said that he'd give me 25% off the second one if it would mean I'd get both done as my front tire would be spent in about 2.5weeks and I'd just be in again. I begged borrowed and sold to get both done ($183 with tax and labor) and I’ve never regretted it even as I ate frickin’ buttered pasta and frozen peas for a week and half.

Can you just change one? Yes – ScootzKabootz has. BUT if you have the means, it makes way more financial sense to do them both. Ask your shop for a similar deal on 2 tires. If you take it in twice, you’ll pay for 2 hours of labor (likely) rather than 1.5 if done at once.
I love my Michelin S1's over the stock tires (which, being an 07 Italia were the infamous Shinko whitewalls). Not even a contest.

The financial part jijifer posted makes sense (the labor price argument) but the tread one doesn't, necessarily. In most cases the back tire wears much faster than the front so equal tread only happens at the beginning of the two tires' lives. My rear tire was a "maypop" (as in "this tire may pop at any time") while my front looked barely broken in when I changed mine. So in that case, had I changed my rear only I'd have been pretty close to the same tread. jijifer had roughly the same amount left it sounds like, so changing two was the obvious choice.

I wouldn't mix sport/touring treads, nor would I mix tires of very different quality. I can take turns much much harder on my S1s than I could on my stock tires and if I had one of each I don't even want to think what might happen on a hard turn!

gr8dog, it very well could be that you just haven't experienced good tires. I know that while I never thought the Shinkos were GREAT, I didn't know just how bad they were until I got my S1s. But your stock tires are much better than the Shinko whitewalls. It also could be that for your riding style the stock tires are perfect and you will be fine just changing the back tire. Your idea of doing just that and then upgrading when they are both ready might make sense.
redcass

Post by redcass »

jijifer wrote:so here's what my shop knows about me: I love my scooter. It's my only means of transport and I'm on a budget but need my scooter to be kept on the road and safely.

I'm clocking 1.1k a month on average.
You rock, jijifer!

I'm planning to spend the next 6 months with my scooter as my sole transport (well, my feet and the bus sometimes too). I'm excited, but a little nervous, so I'm glad to hear you're making an excellent go of this kind of sitch.

1.1k/month? sweet.
RedCass
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

redcass wrote:
jijifer wrote:so here's what my shop knows about me: I love my scooter. It's my only means of transport and I'm on a budget but need my scooter to be kept on the road and safely.

I'm clocking 1.1k a month on average.
You rock, jijifer!

I'm planning to spend the next 6 months with my scooter as my sole transport (well, my feet and the bus sometimes too). I'm excited, but a little nervous, so I'm glad to hear you're making an excellent go of this kind of sitch.

1.1k/month? sweet.
Thanks Redcass. I'm lucky enough to live in Southern California so weather is scooter friendly year round.

I originally thought I'd just scoot a few times a week but I never chose to turn on my car. It's sitting dead in my driveway and I registered it as PNO (parked non-operational) so as to commit to this lifestyle.

I thought Scootin' would be cheaper but really, putting on all these miles makes it a little more pricey than my car upkeep. Saving on gas, spending more on maintenance. Still, I don't imagine going back. Just too much fun getting somewhere with the wind in your hair :)
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

Thanks for the great post jijifer. I will change both tires at the same time. I will see what my shop has for options. Looks like it comes down to either Zippie's, Michelin's or Heidenau's. I'll post my impressions in a few weeks when the job is done.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

I got the 3.5/10's. I will say that when my first stock tire wore thin, I replaced only the rear, since the front still had lots of tread. Now at 9700 mile, the front has more wear and the rear again needed replacing, so I replaced both. However, unless you're wanting to change the type of tires, don't worry about changing just one tire.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
SCOOT3R

Post by SCOOT3R »

Continental Zippys? I never hear that brand of tire. so I am glad you are happy with new tires.. :D
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

I ordered 2 Michelin S1's from my shop. I have an appointment to have them installed next Friday, July 10'th. That works out great since I will be gone that Friday through Monday. Total price including install is $148. I will pick up Buddy on Monday the 13'th. After a few days riding I will post my impressions.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

gr8dog wrote:I ordered 2 Michelin S1's from my shop. I have an appointment to have them installed next Friday, July 10'th. That works out great since I will be gone that Friday through Monday. Total price including install is $148. I will pick up Buddy on Monday the 13'th. After a few days riding I will post my impressions.
Great! I think you'll love them.
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

jmazza wrote:
gr8dog wrote:I ordered 2 Michelin S1's from my shop. I have an appointment to have them installed next Friday, July 10'th. That works out great since I will be gone that Friday through Monday. Total price including install is $148. I will pick up Buddy on Monday the 13'th. After a few days riding I will post my impressions.
Great! I think you'll love them.
AWESOME! sounds like you got a deal! Yes, let us know if feel the difference.
BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

just be a little more cautious for the first hundred miles or so. new tires tend to be a little slippy until they get broken in and the chemicals from the manufacturing process wear off/stabilize. If you're used to diving into turns you may want to take it a little easier for a few days.
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

Hey Gr8Dog - how are those new tires feeling?
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

FYI: 3.50/10 and 100/90 - 10 are the same size. :wink:
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

djelliott wrote:FYI: 3.50/10 and 100/90 - 10 are the same size. :wink:
My shop put a zippy 1 3.5x10 on the counter next to the zippy 1 100/90 and showed me what they were talking about in difference. The 100/90 is taller and wider only by a small margin but it makes a big difference in handling. They explained that the difference would mean more tire on the ground so better traction and better traction would add to the top end. If I hadn't seen them side by side with my own eyes I wouldn't argue. Next time you're in the shop, put 'em side by side and you'll see. The 100/90 fits the buddy rim, though, so you don't need to shave them is my understanding. Interchangeable, yes, same size no.
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

jijifer wrote:
My shop put a zippy 1 3.5x10 on the counter next to the zippy 1 100/90 and showed me what they were talking about in difference. The 100/90 is taller and wider only by a small margin but it makes a big difference in handling. They explained that the difference would mean more tire on the ground so better traction and better traction would add to the top end. If I hadn't seen them side by side with my own eyes I wouldn't argue. Next time you're in the shop, put 'em side by side and you'll see. The 100/90 fits the buddy rim, though, so you don't need to shave them is my understanding. Interchangeable, yes, same size no.
They're so close that many places list them as the same.

3.50in = 88.9mm

Difference of 1.12 millimeters. Yes similar, but you are correct, not EXACTLY the same.
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
NCY Front Forks
NCY Secondary Shieve
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

djelliott wrote:
jijifer wrote:

3.50in = 88.9mm

Difference of 1.12 millimeters. Yes similar, but you are correct, not EXACTLY the same.
I didn't figure Continental would have 2 different skus for the same tire either. It's a small diff that makes a big one, from what I'm told. Now I only ever rode 3.5x10 STOCK so I don't know how the Zippy tread in that size would feel. But MAN! 100/90 makes Big Baby Blue so freaking stable, corner so freaking smooth and nary a wobble. I don't see groove and go white knuckled anymore. Maybe it's more the tread than the size but I won't go back to the skinnier tire. Plus yeah, it gave a better top end, too, only by 2mph but still - just from a tire!
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

jijifer wrote:
djelliott wrote:
jijifer wrote: My shop put a zippy 1 3.5x10 on the counter next to the zippy 1 100/90 and showed me what they were talking about in difference. The 100/90 is taller and wider only by a small margin but it makes a big difference in handling. They explained that the difference would mean more tire on the ground so better traction and better traction would add to the top end. If I hadn't seen them side by side with my own eyes I wouldn't argue. Next time you're in the shop, put 'em side by side and you'll see. The 100/90 fits the buddy rim, though, so you don't need to shave them is my understanding. Interchangeable, yes, same size no.

3.50in = 88.9mm

I didn't figure Continental would have 2 different skus for the same tire either. It's a small diff that makes a big one, from what I'm told. Now I only ever rode 3.5x10 STOCK so I don't know how the Zippy tread in that size would feel. But MAN! 100/90 makes Big Baby Blue so freaking stable, corner so freaking smooth and nary a wobble. I don't see groove and go white knuckled anymore. Maybe it's more the tread than the size but I won't go back to the skinnier tire. Plus yeah, it gave a better top end, too, only by 2mph but still - just from a tire!
They are indeed very nice tires.
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
NCY Front Forks
NCY Secondary Shieve
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Am I simply not aware of the difference in tires because I have never experienced it?
I'd say yes--not that it's a bad thing. I thought my stock tires were fine but after I changed to Michelin S83 tires, I was amazed by the improvement in ride! To make it more noticeable, I changed back to my stock tires recently and I still get a little white-knuckled on them! The ride quality is not even close to the Michelins.

I expect others are experiencing the same results from the S1 and Zippy tires (as well as others).

As for changing the tires, I recently posted about the problems I had when I had a Michelin S83 on the front of my scoot and a stock tire on the back. VERY BAD! I highly recommend keeping the same type (if not brand) of tires on your scoot.

This is a good thread! Keep up the good info, folks! :D
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

jijifer wrote:Hey Gr8Dog - how are those new tires feeling?
So far they are good but I haven't had much time to ride. I picked up the scooter on Thursday evening then was gone until Monday evening. I rode to work today. All together I probably only logged 30 miles. The things I have noticed is that the tires do absorb shock better to create a smoother ride and they track MUCH straighter on uneven surfaces. Those tar snakes on the road don't even cause a blip anymore. I am taking corners cautiously until I get the sides of the tires scuffed up a bit. Michelin S1, great tire so far. After a few hundred miles I will know better. That should take me about two weeks.
Vic

Post by Vic »

When unloading the scoot from the back of the truck (got a ride home from work one day so my car was stuck at work, so I rode the scoot to work, drove the car home, drove the truck and loaded the scoot up and now all of the vehicles are home safe and sound)...

Anyway,while looking at my Buddy's backside from this angle (sorry, couldn't resist) I noticed that my back tire is now needing replaced, so I dropped by the shop and ordered a set of Zippys. I now have to decide about replacing both at the same time and keeping my old front tire for a spare, or hanging on to the Zippy for about another few weeks and wearing out the front tire more before replacing it.

Cost is the same regardless of what I do.

I am also putting in some Dr. Pulley Sliders (they are due to arrive on Friday).

I am very excited about these small changes, I know they may not seem huge, but I think it is going to be nice.

-v
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Vic,

What tires do you have on the scoot now? If they are the stock tires, then change out both with the Zippys.
Dr. Pulley Sliders
Not to be too ignorant, but what are these and what are they used for?
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

pugbuddy wrote:Vic,

What tires do you have on the scoot now? If they are the stock tires, then change out both with the Zippys.
Dr. Pulley Sliders
They have the same function as the roller weights in your Variator except the are designed for smoother acceleration. They also have proven to be less prone to getting flat spots.
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
NCY Front Forks
NCY Secondary Shieve
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

djelliott wrote:
pugbuddy wrote:Vic,

Dr. Pulley Sliders
They have the same function as the roller weights in your Variator except the are designed for smoother acceleration. They also have proven to be less prone to getting flat spots.
And to clarify even further (and forgive me pugbuddy if I'm stating the obvious)- these have nothing to do with tires and are part of your transmission. Vic was just talking about a few things that are changing on the scoot.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Sorry, I am just all excited about actually making some changes that are going to improve my scooter.

The sliders are going in this weekend and the tires will be done probably around the first of August.

Seems like a couple of unrelated changes, but they are both changes that (from what I understand) will be low risk-won't make me trade off low maintenance for better performance-but will still give me improved performance. Win-win in my book!

-vickie (now you know which pronoun to use ;) )
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

Vic wrote:Sorry, I am just all excited about actually making some changes that are going to improve my scooter.

The sliders are going in this weekend and the tires will be done probably around the first of August.

Seems like a couple of unrelated changes, but they are both changes that (from what I understand) will be low risk-won't make me trade off low maintenance for better performance-but will still give me improved performance. Win-win in my book!

Hey Vic, If you have the cash, this is by far the best bang for the buck complete transmission upgrade. Check it out. You'll notice quite a performance increase.

http://www.scooterworks.com/NCY_Super_T ... 92C583.cfm
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
NCY Front Forks
NCY Secondary Shieve
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

djelliott wrote:
Vic wrote:Sorry, I am just all excited about actually making some changes that are going to improve my scooter.

Hey Vic, If you have the cash, this is by far the best bang for the buck complete transmission upgrade. Check it out. You'll notice quite a performance increase.

are you getting commission on this :D

let me ask you this:

if you only have $250 to spend which would you do first? this or the front shocks?
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Vic wrote:
HAHA!! I had written "her scoot" but then for a second I thought maybe I had you confused with another member. So I went all androgynous with "the scoot."

By the way, I just ordered some 11g Dr. Pulley sliders in the hopes I'll get up the guts to install them myself.
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

jijifer wrote:
djelliott wrote:

let me ask you this:

if you only have $250 to spend which would you do first? this or the front shocks?
HAHAHA, I wish.

Since you already did your motor this should be done. In fact the usual progression is CVT first, then motor. Your engine is producing a lot more torque right now and the stock CVT components can't relay all of it to the ground. Next to your kit and 150 head, this will be the most noticeable upgrade.
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
NCY Front Forks
NCY Secondary Shieve
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

And to clarify even further (and forgive me pugbuddy if I'm stating the obvious)- these have nothing to do with tires and are part of your transmission. Vic was just talking about a few things that are changing on the scoot.
No problem! I am a techo-retard so all the explanations help!

So what is the best upgrade that will improve performance but not drop mpg, low maintenance, etc...?
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

pugbuddy wrote:
No problem! I am a techo-retard so all the explanations help!

So what is the best upgrade that will improve performance but not drop mpg, low maintenance, etc...?
There is always a bit of a trade off for performance vs. MPG. But seriously, your fuely says you're getting 89+MPG. If that dropped to say 80 but came with a wicked performance increase, would you be that bummed? I drive like a freak on my Buddy, have it modded to the nines, and still get around 70-75 MPG. I'm happy with that and have tons of power. OOOOOooooo I do love the power. :twisted:
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
NCY Front Forks
NCY Secondary Shieve
Vic

Post by Vic »

jmazza wrote:
Vic wrote:
HAHA!! I had written "her scoot" but then for a second I thought maybe I had you confused with another member. So I went all androgynous with "the scoot."

By the way, I just ordered some 11g Dr. Pulley sliders in the hopes I'll get up the guts to install them myself.

Yeah, I am still trying to break that old habit firmly instilled by my now ex-husband to never let people online know, for sure, that it is a feminine hand on the keyboard, and that begins with the username. :)

I don't have a garage and my tools are laughably inadequate, it is a running joke among my "scooter friends" about my tool selection.

I am working on converting my deck into a workspace, but I won't be doing things that take more than an hour since I can't leave things sitting out. Someday I will add a garage...

Anyway, I am hoping my mechanic will let me watch him work on my scooter if I promise to sit in a corner quietly and not annoy him. :). The new dealer has said they will be doing shop nights and they will also have how to classes to teach simple things to owners-I am really excited about that!

-v
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

djelliott wrote:
jijifer wrote:
djelliott wrote: Hey Vic, If you have the cash, this is by far the best bang for the buck complete transmission upgrade. Check it out. You'll notice quite a performance increase.

let me ask you this:

HAHAHA, I wish.

Since you already did your motor this should be done. In fact the usual progression is CVT first, then motor. Your engine is producing a lot more torque right now and the stock CVT components can't relay all of it to the ground. Next to your kit and 150 head, this will be the most noticeable upgrade.
would there be a 'break in" period again? I wonder if I should do this pre or post Tahoe Ralley.
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

jijifer wrote:
would there be a 'break in" period again? I wonder if I should do this pre or post Tahoe Ralley.
Nope. Not really. Nothing to seat in the transmission. Bolt it on and enjoy the performance.
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
NCY Front Forks
NCY Secondary Shieve
Vic

Post by Vic »

Wow, that would be nice.

I am not really looking to do a whole lot more to my Buddy. I am saving my pennies to get a second scooter. I have a 14 year old son and an 11 year old daughter and I regularly ride with my daughter on the back. She had a growth spurt recently and now is an inch taller than me :roll:

Picture a walrus and a gazelle riding around on a scooter.

So, a larger scoot with room for my butt and her legs is quickly becoming more and more necessary.

The plan is that my son (nearly 6' tall and weighing in at 105# :shock: ) will get licensed when he turns 16 and will BORROW mom's Buddy. Hopefully he will be able to fit it then.

Yeah, their dad is 6'9" I am 5'2.25" (don't forget that quarter inch!)
skibum

Post by skibum »

+1 on the Zippys. Changed the stock tires this weekend and have about 50 miles on the Zippys, a huge. noticeable difference, great upgrade.
Vic

Post by Vic »

I got the back tire replaced with a Zippy 1. The front is gonig to have to wait until after payday (Friday) :roll:

Even so, I noticed a big difference just on the ride home.

I have a section that, due to road construction, I have to take a highway which is 55mph speed limit (meaning they go 65-70mph) the blacktop is patched and literally spiderwebbed with those stupid tar snakes, it goes through an area that is full of shopping so people are paying more attention to if they are gonig to get a good parking spot or yelling at the hyped up on sugar kids in the back seat while they drive their ginormomobiles around, the least of their concerns is some girlie on a scooter trying to get through this mess so she can live to scoot another day.

Anyway, I usually LOATHE riding through this area, I am trying to stay out of everyone's way, maintain my lane presence, and to top it all off the blacktop is a mess so I have to hang on and hope I don't die. :x

Well, I do notice a bit more ummm... the only way I can think to describe it is "vibration" but it is not really actual vibration, I think maybe it is the tread in the tires I can feel a little bit, it is not bad, but I do notice it, having gone from smooth (needing to be replaced stock tires) to a bit more of a tread. Anyway, it is not bad, it just feels a little different to me.

I also notice that the tar snakes don't matter at all! :shock: I even rode over several to test out the difference and I literally can not feel them one little bit! Way different than before when I dreaded tar snakes because it made things feel kind of squishy (I don't know how else to describe it).

I am looking forward to getting the front replaced (soon) and then really getting a chance to see how great these things are! The stock seemed fine to me, but now I realise the difference and I am in love!

Cheers,
-v