Just joined the club

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dvdchris

Just joined the club

Post by dvdchris »

Got an orange 06 Blur. Yay!
http://twitpic.com/8t3k8
3800 BDUs and still a year left on the Genuine warranty.
Destickering to commence this weekend. :D
I am 'new' to scootering, however, after about a 20 year absence. Certainly didn't ever ride anything before with this much power. Will be taking the Texas motorcycle riding course.
Open to all suggestions as to gear (what to get; where to get it) such as a cover, helmet, jacket, etc.; insurance (what company do you use?)-will get quotes from State Farm (current provider) Geico and Progressive; and whatever else you think i need to know.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Congrats! But some bad news... The warranty is not transferable :( The good news is that the Blurs tend to be a really solidly built scooter. So you should be pretty good on that front.

For gear and selection and general new info, check out <a href="topic1354.html#15213">This Thread</a>.

Welcome to the club and welcome to MB!
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
dvdchris

Post by dvdchris »

Lostmycage wrote:Congrats! But some bad news... The warranty is not transferable :(
Khaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

dvdchris wrote: Khaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
I think that's an appropriate response.

Also, well done on inserting an image on your second post! Most people take about 100+ posts before they get to that point :)
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

dvdchris wrote:
Lostmycage wrote:Congrats! But some bad news... The warranty is not transferable :(
Khaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
I wouldn't worry about too much. It's a quality scoot!
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

the blur is a great scooter and unique so congrats.

i try to ride with all gear all the time, but honestly, somedays my textile jacket doesn't make it on the road when it is 90+ degrees...
Roninson

Post by Roninson »

I'm tempted to ride with only partial gear (no jacket) - especially the past couple of weeks here in TX, as its been in the triple digits most days. Still, I had a spill on a bike quite a ways back, so I suck it up and wear the jacket anyway.

BOT, congrats on the Blur!
GFridrich3

Post by GFridrich3 »

Congrats on the purchase, I just got rid of my Blur last month for something more two-up friendly.

Just FYI, I have a whole bunch of performance parts for the Blur for sale that came off my Blur before I sold it. My posts are in the for sale forum if you are interested in taking a look.
dvdchris

Post by dvdchris »

I removed some of the decals and cleaned it up a bit today. Thought I would post some pics.
Pretty clean
What are these sponge things? Something left by the previous owner?
Some kind of splotch on the side panel. It seems to be permanently stained onto the plastic.
dvdchris

Post by dvdchris »

Roninson wrote:I'm tempted to ride with only partial gear (no jacket) - especially the past couple of weeks here in TX, as its been in the triple digits most days. Still, I had a spill on a bike quite a ways back, so I suck it up and wear the jacket anyway.

BOT, congrats on the Blur!
Thanks! And oh, man I know what you mean. I guess I could tolerate a jacket in the morning on way to work, but coming home would be torture.
bicyclerider

Post by bicyclerider »

the foam things, are for the battery.
one goes below the battery and one goes on top.
unless they installed a larger (taller) battery and they don't fit?

check it out...
welcome to the Blur club
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

If you want to cover up the splotchy parts, Duplicolor makes a touch up spraypaint that's really close to the gray on the Blur. It's Charcoal Metallic DSGM318 (thanks goes to Charlie55 for the find). I've seen one right next to it that looks like it might be a dead on match, but I never got the name or paint code - I think it was at Autozone. Test it in a small area before going at it. If you find the other color (I think it might be Metallic Charcoal, but that was a while ago, so my memory can't be trusted) and find that it's a dead on match, let us know!
dvdchris

Post by dvdchris »

bicyclerider wrote:the foam things, are for the battery.
one goes below the battery and one goes on top.
unless they installed a larger (taller) battery and they don't fit?
Ok, that must have been what happened. The previous owner did just replace the battery and there's no way even one of those foam things will fit in there, much less two.
Thanks