*UPDATED* I just drew this...

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jfrost2

*UPDATED* I just drew this...

Post by jfrost2 »

And if you dont say 1 nice thing about it, I'm going to your house tonight and kidnapping your child's stuffed animal collection, and possibly candy. Your fridge might be raided also.

What I used:

3 hours and 15 minutes of my life
22" wide screen 1080p monitor
Wacom bamboo tablet
Adobe Photoshop CS4
My Hands
Coca Cola
Funny youtube videos of cats playing pianos to entertain me in between

All 100% hand drawn in photoshop, from sketching a figure to shaping it detail by detail, to finally inking it in. Coloring was also 100% done by me by first giving each object a base color, then modifying it's light and shadows. Sketching took 30 minutes until I had a finished well done sketch ready to color, coloring took the other 2:45.

Excuse my horrible hand writing, I havent written an actual sentence in months, maybe even years with my own hand. I've just never needed to since everything I've ever wrote for the past many years was keyboard typed.

Now say something nice or else D:<

Thanks for looking by the way.
Last edited by jfrost2 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

What, no gloves? ;)

Nice sketch!
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

looks....um.....super duper. :lol:
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Syd

Post by Syd »

It's nice that (s)he's wearing a hoodie instead of short-sleeves.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
maribell

Post by maribell »

I like the Union Jack Vans they are wearing.
hackett

Post by hackett »

I came to say what Maribell already said.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Lookin' good jfrost. just one question... How in the heck did you get so many layers? :shock:
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

That's pretty sweet!
Modern Buddy Member #2753
<a href="http://www.raleighscooter.org/index.html">Raleigh Scooter Organization</a> #45
Official S.P.A.Z. Member
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

KRUSTYburger wrote:Lookin' good jfrost. just one question... How in the heck did you get so many layers? :shock:
It took about 4 layers to get the main sketch itself, from a circular head, and oval shaped arms and leg sketch. I looked at several member photos on the forums to get details right too. Then it went to giving the guy a real human body shape in one layer, and giving the scooter real panel shapes. Then it took another to cloth him and detail the buddy better.

And 60+ other layers went to coloring. Each color you see has it's own layer. Then adding shadows, I used a new layer for each new dark spot and light spot. The burn and dodge tool just looked unnatural, so the best was to use black and dark colors on a new layer, then blurring and smudging it.

I didnt draw gloves on the guy because when i colored it dark greyish, you couldnt see the fetail of each finger very well, it looked like a black blob. So i just left it all skin color.

Also the Union jack shoes where my own idea, I like them, but I seem to cannot find them in real life anywhere. My best bet would be those fancy shoe stores, but for me I just wear good old $9 shoes from Kmart that are the same exact style, but solid black cloth.
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

I for one am impressed. I can't do crap in photoshop. Frustrating!
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I bought this tablet off Amazon.com for $55 with free shipping and no tax. It's a Wacom Bamboo small with pen only. I already own photoshop and many other photo editing and sketching programs like paint shop pro, photoshop, sketchbook 2010, etc.

It's the most basic tablet from Wacom, they're one of the best and well known for tablets.

I would have prefered to get a cintiq, but I am not made of money nor rich. They have LCD screens which replicate actually drawing on pen and paper. With my current tablet, I have to look at my monitor and move my hand, it felt funny at first but now fully natural.
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

i don't like it :?
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

r0sa wrote:i don't like it :?
Watch your fridge tonight.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Frosty, bring me what's in r0sa's fridge when you stop by to play with my Hello Kitty dollies.

j/k! Nice work. Dig the hands. Those are the hardest bits to draw!
ModBud #442
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

jfrost2 wrote:
i've got beer and leftover canned kitty food, im sure that'll satisfy your tastebuds :P
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Just what I needed, 2 completely useless food items. I dont have a cat, so cat food doesnt work. I hate the smell of beer, so I wouldnt even drink it.
Syd

Post by Syd »

jfrost2 wrote:Just what I needed, 2 completely useless food items. I dont have a cat, so cat food doesnt work. I hate the smell of beer, so I wouldnt even drink it.
Well, duh! Hold your nose!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Any plans for T-Shirt iron ons? Or screen prints? Where is the T-Shirts? Come on JF step up with your purdy drawings on T's...
Aerosmith, None Other.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

BuddyLicious wrote:Any plans for T-Shirt iron ons? Or screen prints? Where is the T-Shirts? Come on JF step up with your purdy drawings on T's...
Yeah, sorry I failed on the Voodoo shirts, can we say laaaaazzzyyy... :roll:

If someone really wants to I could send the art and you can have them printed and sell them.
I got too much going on right now, plus I'm not motivated enough.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

T-Shirts are a great idea, I have several unfinished sketches. I could draw and polish it with hours of work and cans of pepsi. Then I could get a line of shirts done cheap.

It's 12:30AM right now and I just spent the past....whatever many hours drawing this. It's not done yet, but it's still rough.

The left scooter is the original I drew, then I copied and flipped it over. I just thought I'd color them differently and it would look kind of cool on a T shirt. Not sure how I would get this made up on shirts. If I could get a small batch, I'd sell shirts for $10 or $15.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

r0sa wrote:
jfrost2 wrote:
i've got beer and leftover canned kitty food, im sure that'll satisfy your tastebuds :P
Beer for me, kitty food for Rudie...win/win! :D
ModBud #442
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

T-shirt for 10-15 bux,Wow.I havn't seen T's with any 2-wheelers for less than about 20.00.Mostly 25.00.So yea I would buy. :D
Aerosmith, None Other.
walky08

Post by walky08 »

Very nice. Just a tiny detail. The front wheel is missing a small portion of the back. This could make a nice decal.

I will post my crappy sketch later... Nothing like this, nothing like this.
walky08

My scooter as it is now..

Post by walky08 »

Changing the graphic...
Last edited by walky08 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Just an update, I drew and colored this picture in 2 hours, I found a new easier method of coloring which saves layers and time. This sketch was based off a picture of the 4T stella on 2strokebuzz.