New Stella buying tips

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KCScooterDude

New Stella buying tips

Post by KCScooterDude »

Any advice before I go to the local dealer and negotiate buying a Stella? Should I expect them to come off MSRP? (I know what to expect from them OTD exclusive of MSRP).

Another question: I'm buying a bike to take to rallies. How does Stella fit into the pecking order? I know there's a bit of a Classic v. Newbie thing going on. For personal reasons and for $$ reasons I don't really want to get into an old or new Vespa.
Frankie 2 Tone

Post by Frankie 2 Tone »

Stella fits great in the Rally scene..........anybody that really wants to give you a bunch of crap about Stella v. Vespa is a dumbass.........who cares. They are the same damn scooter with a different badge. Ride on!!
Kickin' it hard to the Rock Steady Beat!!!!!!!!
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

I don't ever worry about what others say. Just have fun with what you want to do....this is life in general really.
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

First off, good luck getting them to knock anything off the price. Stellas are popular and they will most likely not negotiate. They might throw in a cheap helmet or a cover or something. If you can get some money off, congrats.

At the rallies I've been to, Stellas and Buddys dominate. I've never had any problems.

The only time you'd have issues would be if it was a vintage rally, which are few and far between these days. And then it's understandable if they frown upon a Stella in the group. Otherwise, you will find yourself one of many Stellas of all colors, configurations and customizations, and will be admired just as much as you are admiring the other Stellas.

Stella owners tend to be accepted in the PX150/PX125/P200 groups because they are so similar. I mean, they are all family anyway. Anyone who says otherwise needs to go a little research. :D

Good luck, congrats and enjoy that Stella when you get her!
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Hey KC, how about a Vespa P? I don't know if you have something against the Vespa brand or what, but it would be a helluva lot cheaper than a new Stella and the P has a bigger engine (it's a 200).

Every time I go to my local shop, I touch the Stellas, (this has been going on for 4 or 5 years at this point) but I have to remind myself, you have the same stinkin' bike. I understand the lure of the shiny, shiny, shininess, but there's something to be said for not worrying about the beat-up P (like when it fell over yesterday and the brake lever snapped...it still works so I'll leave it like that). Plus, I think you're a little like me and loving the deal...
Frankie 2 Tone

Post by Frankie 2 Tone »

siobhan wrote:Hey KC, how about a Vespa P? I don't know if you have something against the Vespa brand or what, but it would be a helluva lot cheaper than a new Stella and the P has a bigger engine (it's a 200).
Please tell me where you can get a P200 for less than a Stella! and in the same condition.............That was a good one....hahahahaha.. Don't get me wrong, I am a Vespa P series lover myself, but I really enjoy my Stella too.
Kickin' it hard to the Rock Steady Beat!!!!!!!!
n2tattoos

Post by n2tattoos »

i'm still dreaming of the day the Stella's available here in SoCal. Already started saving...