Buddy scooter dimensions? Anyone?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

cocobean

Buddy scooter dimensions? Anyone?

Post by cocobean »

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I can't seem to find this information anywhere online, strangely enough. I just bought a pink 125cc Buddy scooter, and I have to drive a long while to get it. I'm trying to figure out whether it will fit in the back of a CRV, or if I'll need to rent a truck.

So I guess my question is, does anyone know the exact measurements of a Buddy scooter? It'll save me a whole lotta inconvenience! :shock: Thanks in advance!
SpunkyFemme

Post by SpunkyFemme »

I tried to fit mine in the back of my jeep grand cherokee a few years ago... and it would have BARELY fit, if I took the passenger seat AND the rear seat out.... so, I would say, rent a motorcycle trailer from UHAUL. they are pretty cheap if you already have a two hitch on that SUV.
TVB

Re: Buddy scooter dimensions? Anyone?

Post by TVB »

This isn't precise, but eyeballing it with a yardstick, I came up with: 65" long, 42" high (with the mirrors removed), and 26" wide at the handlebars (ditto), and 18" wide at the body.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

I had to take the mirrors off my scooter to fit it into my RAV4. It sat diagonally, and I had maybe half an inch to spare, but it fit. Don't know how similar the dimensions are. Bring an adjustable wrench with you for the mirrors if you're going to try it, as well as several towels or blankets to keep from scratching panels, or to put over the rear of the scooter to pad between the back and the rear window. ;)
SpunkyFemme

Post by SpunkyFemme »

That's so cool that it fit into your rav4! You didn't have to take out seats? Who knew the rav4 would be sooooo much more roomy than a grand cherokee!
cocobean

Post by cocobean »

Thank you so much guys! This is a huge help!
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

I guess it can also fit in the backseat of a Buick Century.
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

SpunkyFemme wrote:That's so cool that it fit into your rav4! You didn't have to take out seats? Who knew the rav4 would be sooooo much more roomy than a grand cherokee!
My parents have a grand cherokee that I thought I was going to have to borrow for the trailer hitch they installed. The key difference is vertical space. A cherokee has a shorter vertical measurement. MUCH longer floor space measurement, but lower ceiling...or more accurately, higher floor.

I didn't have to take out the rear seats...until I installed a rear rack. :lol: About an inch or 2 too long then. With the stock passenger bar, it actually fit really well. I had the seat behind the driver up, which let the front wheel wedge in next to the door, and once the scooter was in I could put the passenger-side back seat down with the back of the seat in its furthest-forward position, which would secure the scooter upright. It wouldn't move at all! Thank goodness that mudflap is flexible. ;)