What a difference a Sito makes

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Frankie 2 Tone

What a difference a Sito makes

Post by Frankie 2 Tone »

Thanks to the fine folks at Scoot Richmond, my ride to Charlottesville was quick!!!!! Sito was installed today, and it is amazing how much of a difference it makes!!!!! Next is the Pinasco Kit!!
Kickin' it hard to the Rock Steady Beat!!!!!!!!
TXscoot

Post by TXscoot »

How much difference did it make? I will be installing this pipe soon hoping to get around 5 mph faster. Did they adjust the jetting? The dealer closest to me said I won't need to worry about jetting with the Sito+ but it seems most everyone else disagrees. This dealer has been in the business for a long time and even rides a stella himself. I'm just wondering what your shop did.
stubby

Post by stubby »

when I had mine put on I asked The same question. The shop said no to jetting. No problems and it did pick up around 5 mph.
Shane Wilson

Post by Shane Wilson »

I'm positively shocked that mechanics would be saying no to jetting after installing the sito +.

Have you guys done proper plug chops to insure that you're not running lean?

When I put on my Sito it took considerable upjetting to get me to the proper color on my plug.

A proper plug chop is done by having a warm engine. While maxing out your revs in third gear, hit the kill switch.

Pull your plug and you should see at the very least a light tan color around the insulator. A darker mocha color is ideal.

If you see white, then you're running lean and run the risk of seizing your engine.

The Stellas come into the country a bit on the lean side to begin with. I'm assuming it helps with passing emissions. The addition of the Sito + should definitely push you farther into leans-ville.
Frankie 2 Tone

Post by Frankie 2 Tone »

They absolutely re-jetted me with the Sito! It made about 6-7 mph difference for top end, but the peppiness off the line too. Next step will be the Pinasco kit. I like the advice about the spark plug test too! I will look at that later.
Kickin' it hard to the Rock Steady Beat!!!!!!!!
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

While I am sure there are elevations where no re-jetting is needed, most likely you are going to need to adjust your mix screw and up your main 2 points maybe (or more/less) for the Sito+.

If you are running her rich already, and your low end is rich, then maybe your main is already fine for the S+. Just do not make any assumptions.

ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. check your mix and jetting, do plug chops (proper ones).

Don't assume.

Take it from me.
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
TXscoot

Post by TXscoot »

Thanks for the advice about a plug chop. I will do that both before and after the install.

Any advice on which jets to buy when I order the Sito+? I know I should buy several but where do I start?

Frankie, it sounds like you got exactly what I'm after. Thanks for your post.
Shane Wilson

Post by Shane Wilson »

I'd check out Stellastats.com.

You'll need to register at Stellaspeed.com to get access to stellastats, but that way you can compare what others have done to their scooters against what you'd like to do to yours.

Also do a search on stellaspeed and you'll find a wealth of info.