I passed!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

felinefanatic

I passed!!

Post by felinefanatic »

I just got out of my MSF course and I passed!!! :D

The first day on the range was pretty difficult because I wasn't getting shifting down very smoothly. But, I persevered and didn't give up and did much better today.

I ended up with a score of 10. 5 points for going out of the figure-8 box (which I expected) and 5 points for going to slow in the decreasing radius turn. The RiderCoach joked saying he fell asleep during it, but hey, at least I made it!

One thing I impressed both coaches with was my quick stop. In practice they kept saying mine was perfect, so I knew I'd be safe in points there. When we were discussing our scores as a class, the coach announced that my distance was 8 feet shorter than the national average (I stopped in 10ft going 12-15mph). They said I have one of the best quick stops they have ever seen in any class they've taught and the class applauded me!

Now I get to go get my license tomorrow at the DMV! Thanks for all the support earlier!
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

congrats! i bet you scored the highest out of all the people there!
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Awesomely good! Way to go!
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
redcass

Post by redcass »

Congratulations! :clap:
RedCass
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

Congrats!!! I did that stupid figure 8 perfectly every time I rode it, until test day. I just barely went outside the box, only points I missed. Everything else which had been less than flawless, went fine. :roll: I just found out they are running an all scooter Experienced Rider course here, that I am going to do. I am pretty psyched and a little nervous.
Last edited by bluebuddygirl on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!! Feels GREAT doesn't it? Congratulations.

If you're interested in some "continuing education" you might like to get a copy of Proficient Motorcycling. It's a great follow up to the MSF class.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
felinefanatic

Post by felinefanatic »

Skootz Kabootz wrote: If you're interested in some "continuing education" you might like to get a copy of Proficient Motorcycling. It's a great follow up to the MSF class.
I have that on my Amazon Wish List :)
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

YAY!

On my scoot, I stopped in 3ft. I thought I failed because the coach was way up the line and looked confused. I thought maybe I started breaking too soon but I just waited until I couldn't see the cone out the side of my eye and braked. He just shook his head and said no one's ever stopped that short. :) Scoots rock!! HAVE FUN!!!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

jijifer wrote:YAY!

On my scoot, I stopped in 3ft. I thought I failed because the coach was way up the line and looked confused. I thought maybe I started breaking too soon but I just waited until I couldn't see the cone out the side of my eye and braked. He just shook his head and said no one's ever stopped that short. :) Scoots rock!! HAVE FUN!!!
Heh, the same thing happened on my DMV test. I stopped in just shy of 3 ft. He made me ride it again, because he said nobody stops that fast. I again stopped in about 3ft, and he just shook his head and passed me.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

great job! :D the figure 8 was tough for me to.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
budman1

Post by budman1 »

Congrats!!
purple

i passed

Post by purple »

Way to go felinefanatic! :D :D I told you, you'd do it!! Have fun and scoot safely!!
Philio81

Post by Philio81 »

Great job - I'm sure you are feeling good! Those figure eights will be a lot easier on your scooter now! I saw several people on motorcycles really botching that up as I was finishing up a walk on the greenway near the test course.
Some were hopping around, going way off course...I was kind of shocked since this was the actual test part on Sunday- I guess when I took it our group was all really good. Congrats!
Major Redneck

Post by Major Redneck »

How sweet it is!!!
Scoot'in is more fun than beating up your sister, and it comes with a key!!!
Mary Somerville

I am glad to hear it

Post by Mary Somerville »

and I have to say I'm so weirdly relieved to hear that everyone else had so much trouble with the figure 8. Maybe it is supposed to be humbling...?

I wish I had read these threads before my test, I would have felt better about it. As it was, everyone in the course expected me to rock it because I had no shifting to think about. And then I was almost the worst.

Congrats on your test! Woot!