August Scavenger Hunt (Week 1) Make like a chameleon!

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Orange Guy

August Scavenger Hunt (Week 1) Make like a chameleon!

Post by Orange Guy »

We spend so much time trying to stand out and be seen while on the road, let's take a minute to blend in. Here we go ...

+2 For your scooter in picture
+2 For you in the picture
+10 If your scooter is parked in front of something you rigged up that is the same color as your scooter (see below)
+20 If your scooter is parked in front of an existing object that is the same color as your scooter (see below)
+5 if you are wearing at least one article of clothing that matches the background.
+20 if you are decked out head-to-toe in gear that matches the background.
+20 for a live chameleon in the photo (not an anole, but an actual chameleon).
+20 if you have the LP jacket of Culture Club's "Colour by Numbers" in the photo.
+1 for first entry

If you hang up a bedsheet for your background, that's 10 points. If you park your red scooter in front of a red barn, that's 20 points.

This Hunt ends at MIDNIGHT, Saturday, August 8, 2009. New hunt will be posted Sunday morning.

-Only one photo may be submitted by each member for each week’s subject. (But if you get a better pic later in the week, PLEASE edit your original post note that you posted a better pic and note in the newer post that it is a replacement for a previous pic.)
-Old photos you have lying around can NOT be used- they must be NEW photos taken the week the photo subject was posted
-10 BONUS POINTS (good anytime all summer) for a photo of you getting a ticket (photo must include your scooter & a cop writing the ticket) only one of these may be submitted per player. (Thanks to kazoo for the suggestion)
(Edit – you don’t have to be REALLY getting a ticket… if you can get a cop to pose like he/she is writing you a ticket, that is good enough)
-No Photoshop submissions
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Nice. Not easy, but nice.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
basmith42

Post by basmith42 »

This is NEWBIEMICHELLE and My first entry.. We'll split the points since we're two people.

4 (+2 For your scooter in picture)
4 (+2 For you in the picture)
40 For the matching cars in the background that aren't ours (+20 If your scooter is parked in front of an existing object that is the same color as your scooter)
40 for the shoes, bottoms, shirts and hats that match our buddies and the background cars (+20 if you are decked out head-to-toe in gear that matches the background.)
+1 for first entry

89 points /2= 44.5 for each of us.
Attachments
IMG_2338.jpg
IMG_2338.jpg (79.21 KiB) Viewed 2129 times
Me- Italiano named Gizmo. Wife- Pamplona named Scarlet and Vespa GTS250 named Nacho
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Well Done!!!!!!!

Now that's what I'm talking about.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

That's awesome, you guys win!
Syd

Post by Syd »

That's an awesome first pic, Mr & Mrs Smith!
  • 2 Pts - Your scooter in picture
    2 Pts - You in the picture
    20 Pts - Your scooter in front of an existing object the same color as your scooter
    5 Pts - You are wearing at least one article of clothing that matches the background.
    20 Pts - Culture Club's "Colour by Numbers" LP in the photo. (Am I happy or embarrassed to say I own it?)
    ______
    49 Points

Just so you know, I didn't go out and get that LP just for the Hunt. I have owned it almost since it came out (must have been the drugs). Here's the receipt to prove it:
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

This is a great hunt already! I looooove the two-tone NewbieMichelle. And Syd, you still have the receipt? Hmmm, that tells us a whole lot.
Syd

Post by Syd »

siobhan wrote:This is a great hunt already! I looooove the two-tone NewbieMichelle. And Syd, you still have the receipt? Hmmm, that tells us a whole lot.
Who you callin' anal? :lol:
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Great photo Syd! I used to tuck my receipts in the cassette case and, in later years, in the CD jewel case. Now I just cut-n-paste my itunes receipt into the mp3 info tags.

Orange Guy, Inc.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Thanks. As soon as I saw the album sleeve listed I thought that might be the one Culture Club LP I had (the wife made me buy it - really!) It took a while to find it, because all the LPs are boxed up now, but in looking through them I found all sorts of music I need to look for in CD.

Nostalgia's not old, it's new all over again!
SarahJ2001

Post by SarahJ2001 »

Well this one is hard for us pink scooters! I could not think of anything that is pink...so I just hung a sheet.

+10 If your scooter is parked in front of something you rigged up that is the same color as your scooter (see below)

Total: 34

Syd

Post by Syd »

The Flamingos are a nice touch.
Cecijinetta

Buddyfly's first entry

Post by Cecijinetta »

Hello from Portland, Oregon, where this pic was taken in the very warm sunshine! The Rules do not specify multiples in one picture, so IS THAT REALLY FAIR???? I think not! :) I guess as long as we have fun, right? So here's what I did:

2-scooter in pic, +2-me in the pic, +20-parked in front of garage door, +20 for my attire (I think it should get extra-credit points; white skirt made out of a very hot plastic garbage bag, white hooded jacket, white hat, white gloves, and my buddy is parked on a white rug - it looks cold, but that's really the hot sun shining on me, and yes, I'm Smiling - during my sauna!
Attachments
White Buddyfly - Smiling!
White Buddyfly - Smiling!
168kbBuddyFly.JPG (166.42 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
Orange Guy

Re: Buddyfly's first entry

Post by Orange Guy »

SarahJ2001, perfect in pink. Nicely done.

Cecijinetta ... all the white makes me think of Padme in the snow gear from the animated Clone Wars (yeah, SW geek here). Looks awesome.

Orange Guy, Inc.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Is it still unnaturally hot in Oregon, Cecijinetta? Bet that pic was fuuuun to take!
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Cecijinetta...that is truly HILARIOUS! All you need is a bottle of Absolut and we'd think you were at the Ice Hotel.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

siobhan wrote:Cecijinetta...that is truly HILARIOUS! All you need is a bottle of Absolut and we'd think you were at the Ice Hotel.
I think her nice white teeth should count for points too :)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Cecijinetta

How Fun It Is!

Post by Cecijinetta »

Thanks for the great feedback. It makes it all worthwhile. The hardest part is having the pic be under 200kb! We had 90-106 degees here every day for the last 2+ weeks; today it's just 75, whew!
I. . LOVE. . MY . . BUDDY :) and this website.
Syd

Re: How Fun It Is!

Post by Syd »

Cecijinetta wrote:...The hardest part is having the pic be under 200kb!..
What tool are you using? If you use PhotoShop there is a Save for Web option (at least there is in Elements 2.0)

If you don't have PS, and you use a Windows PC, I'd recommend PhotoFiltre. It allows you to see the size of the end result when you save to jpg. Just crank down the 'quality', it's pretty amazing how much visible data can be lost without seriously affecting the image on screen.

If you don't have PS and you use a MAC, I'm sorry. Sorry that I can't help, that is. But it's probably iPic, or iPhoto, or iSomething. :lol:
Cecijinetta

From Cecijinetta

Post by Cecijinetta »

I'm a MAC user at home, so I use iPhoto. At work I have photoshop, but when I tried to adjust the image size, well that didn't work well at all. I had my KODAK Easyshare set on the lowest resolution too. Ah, I'll keep trying things; thanks for your help.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Cecijinetta,
This first copy was Saved As another name in PhotoFiltre, setting the Compression to 30:

This second was Saved for Web in PhotoShop Elements 2 with the Quality set to Low. I'm sure a full version of PS has a similar function:

There is definitely a loss in quality, but these are 37 and 26KB, respectively, and are 'good enough' to my eye.

Finally, there is a hard limit to the total number of KBs that you can upload to MB. The best thing to do is to open an account at a free photo sharing site, like PhotoBucket.com and put Image links to your images into your posts.
Cecijinetta

thank you

Post by Cecijinetta »

Thank you for sharing this knowledge. I will do my best to put it to real use.
cecijinetta
basmith42

Post by basmith42 »

I give my 1/2 share of the first post point Cecijinetta for putting up with the heat in a trashbag skirt.. ICK!
Me- Italiano named Gizmo. Wife- Pamplona named Scarlet and Vespa GTS250 named Nacho
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

+20 If your scooter is parked in front of an existing object that is the same color as your scooter

Total: 44 pts

Isn't it awesome that my scooter & I just fade into the background? If it wasn't for the centerstand, you'd never know we were there! There were several cars that drove by. I'm pretty sure none of them saw me. :wink:

MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Since I have a green scooter, do trees & bushes count as an acceptable "object" or does it have to be something else?
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Trees & bushes count. It's easy being green.

Orange Guy, Inc.
Cecijinetta

What innovative people we are!

Post by Cecijinetta »

Everyone's really doing great at this Chameleon gig.
Syd

Post by Syd »

MarsR wrote:Isn't it awesome that my scooter & I just fade into the background?
Welcome back MarsR. Nice of you to, ahh, reappear. :wink:
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

Syd wrote:Welcome back MarsR. Nice of you to, ahh, reappear. :wink:
Thanks, Syd. Must have been because you twisted my arm... :wink:
MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
Syd

Post by Syd »

Orange Guy?