Customizing/Aftermarket/Etc

Glossary, reference, tips, recommendations, editorializing and primers on scooters and riding

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Customizing/Aftermarket/Etc

Post by Lostmycage »

This section will include topics from adding Prima branded accesories and normal "Farkles" to the Buddy to some of the less warranty friendly (possibly) aftermarket type stuff.

Some of this section is dedicated to those who think that the factory format is incomplete, missing, or lame. This is not for the timid. There's no safety-net here, if you screw something up, it's your dime. Take the advice from the forum to heart. If you have questions, use the search function or ask.

Due to the nature of this topic, the progress will be slowish. The idea is to provide proven methods for performance gains with examples. Since much of this is subjective, it's very difficult to weed through bragging, over-exaggeration and the like.

Final Notice: If you attempt any of the below, you are doing so on internet hearsay. "Official" accessories aside - although it should be noted that if you install an accessory yourself, you are taking full responsibility for it's inspection upon receipt and proper installation.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

TOC

Post by Lostmycage »

Windshield :arrow: <a href="http://www.modernbuddy.com/pdf/buddywindshield.pdf">PDF of the installation instructions for the Buddy Windshield Install</a> and <a href="topic6749.html#80122">a some good notes on it's install</a> as well as <a href="viewtopic.php?p=5461&highlight=#4570"> Sunshinen's install for the 06 tall windshield</a>.

Deadlights :arrow: <a href="viewtopic.php?p=162814#162794">This is using lilbuddy's adapters with nice clean pics by C2</a> (Have another thread on deadlights? Let me know!)
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.