Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Orange Buddy just spotted on Folsom, downtown San Francisco.

I'll be riding around town on a Vespa GTS!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
digital-entropy

Post by digital-entropy »

ericalm wrote:Orange Buddy just spotted on Folsom, downtown San Francisco.

Welcome to The City!
rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

takora wrote:Hello there! Mine's a white one with black racks. I wear a Corazzo speedway jacket and a black helmet. I'm in the process of moving, so for the next week or so I'll have flattened cardboard boxes bungeed precariously to the ride... Feel free to say 'hi' if you see me.

I just realized that this weekend, due to the move, were the first days I hadn't ridden the buddy since I got it. I did more than 300 miles my first week with it, and now haven't ridden it for three days. Back on it in the morning!

Do they still do the black/silver combo? Or was that custom? It looks really sharp.
Don't think I have seen you yet, but I'll be on the lookout. Not sure what Corazzo has in the way of colorways lately... I bought mine direct from them but it was not custom. Also, it's the Women's 5.0
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

digital-entropy wrote:

Welcome to The City!
Thanks!

This may be the most scooterful city in the US. They're everywhere. All different sorts, but a lot of modern Vespas. A motorcycle lot by the Academy of Art was maybe half motorcycles/half scooters, with almost all the scooters being MVs. I did see one Buddy St. Tropez in there, too.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
dvdchris

Post by dvdchris »

Black Buddy on Brazos St between 6th and 7th on Tuesday night. Walking back to my car after the Elvira show at the Drafthouse.
basmith42

2 Buddy's southbound on Big Creek Parkway

Post by basmith42 »

Wifey and I took our first street ride today. We saw a pair of buddy's going the opposite direction on Big Creek Parkway in the Strongsville/Brook Park area.
One was Red. The other was Tangerine.
We were the two internationals that honked at ya. We would have waved but we're not that comfy.

Send us a message offlist and we can meet up for coffee in Berea.
Me- Italiano named Gizmo. Wife- Pamplona named Scarlet and Vespa GTS250 named Nacho
loodieboy

Post by loodieboy »

Seafoam green at Findley Market yesterday. And I thought I was the only one in all of Cincy.
Clearly.
Sumosamurai

Post by Sumosamurai »

Pretty Blue 125 on Vine last night. SOO MANY BUDDYS!
"Everybody wants to ride a buddy...Scooter"
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I have been seeing an orange buddy with an orange crate downtown. Also saw a guy with the black buddy I have seen over the last three years around downtown the near/west side. This time I saw him on columbus rd in the flats. I was on the GTS but he still beeped. :)
rondothemidget

Buddy sighting

Post by rondothemidget »

After going over a year before spotting my first Buddy, within a matter of days I saw my second. While on the South Bay Scooter monthly ride, I saw an Italia going south on Coast Highway in Huntington Beach (near "Dog Beach" for those of you that know the area). Having seen so few Buddies in person, is there a way to tell the difference between a 50 and a /125150?
Kaos

Re: Buddy sighting

Post by Kaos »

rondothemidget wrote:After going over a year before spotting my first Buddy, within a matter of days I saw my second. While on the South Bay Scooter monthly ride, I saw an Italia going south on Coast Highway in Huntington Beach (near "Dog Beach" for those of you that know the area). Having seen so few Buddies in person, is there a way to tell the difference between a 50 and a /125150?
Yep, the 50 has a black exhaust cover. The 125 has a chrome exhaust cover, and the 150 internationals have a chrome exhaust tip as well. The Blackjacks are obviously all 150's.
scootermom

Post by scootermom »

Saw a nice St. Tropez International parked outside of Ellwood Thompson's coffee house this morning around 11:30.

Also saw a pink Buddy on Boulevard near Broad St. yesterday around noon.

I can't wait to get mine (in Tangerine) so I can scoot around Richmond, too!
rvajma

Post by rvajma »

I will keep my eye out for you in Richmond. I will be on the pinstriped Blackjack screaming by like a bat out of hell.
terrapin

Post by terrapin »

Funny, mine is parked on the sidewalk, outside of work on Folsom, damn near every day.
scootermom

Post by scootermom »

rvajma: Okay! I can't wait til I can have my scooter! Buying from Chelsea soon as we have the cash....hope Genuine keeps the Tangerine color for 2010!! Husband wants the Italia.

I see so many scoots around Richmond now, it's awesome! :D
digital-entropy

Pink buddy traveling the opposite direction on Kezar Drive flashed me a few times this morning.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

digital-entropy wrote: flashed me a few times this morning.
:D Lucky you, you got 'flashed'
digital-entropy

KABarash wrote:
digital-entropy wrote: flashed me a few times this morning.
:D Lucky you, you got 'flashed'
8)

When I left work (over five miles away from the initial encounter) there was a pink buddy parked next to mine... :shock:
jbougere

Post by jbougere »

A well-dressed couple were 2-up surfing a tangerine Buddy 50 on 15th street at around 6:30 last night. I gave em a honk and a "nice bike" at a stop light. When we both stopped at the light at U st. I saw more than a few people shooting jealousy at our radness. 8)
scoot13

Post by scoot13 »

loodieboy wrote:Seafoam green at Findley Market yesterday. And I thought I was the only one in all of Cincy.
Hey loodieboy,
Just joined the forum so late on my response. I drive a Seafoam Buddy, too.
I'm all over Cincy including my commute between Mt. Washington and Clifton.

check out www.scootercincinnati.com forum if you haven't already

see ya
Asburyjer

Post by Asburyjer »

digital-entropy wrote:Pink buddy traveling the opposite direction on Kezar Drive flashed me a few times this morning.
I fully expect to see the rest of this story in the "Who's crashed" thread. :P
AlisonK

Los Angeles, Westside

Post by AlisonK »

I saw three Buddies in one day. Blue French model on PCH, rider was wearing plaid pants, white tee shirt (male). Red Buddy, also on PCH with a guy in a business suit riding it. And a white Buddy on Lincoln. Not a suprpise here since the dealer is a few blocks away from where I spotted the bike.
Lastyearsyou

Post by Lastyearsyou »

Scooters are a dime a dozen in Gainesville, however Buddys are not. The other day I spotted a house that has 3 Buddys out front! Seafoam, red, & off-white. It was such a pretty scene. :D
prrfan53

orange Buddy in Swanzey, NH ID'd!

Post by prrfan53 »

My wife is the Secretary for CATS (Canine Agility Training Society) The orange Buddy125 is about 1/4 mile form us and belongs to CATS' treasurer. And her husband, like me, is a pilot also. File under "small world"!
current mpg on my 09 Italia is 86.2. Nice weather here, now, scoots are too much fun to be legal! Met an X-reme electric today in Keene. 90+ % of crotch rockets and big bikes wave. Gotta love it!
bunny

Post by bunny »

Orange Buddy with matching topcase parked in front of Michael's by Northeast Mall...I left a note in the bubble "www.modernbuddy.com Bunny says, HI BUDDY!"

Maybe they don't have the interwebs.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

lmyers

Post by lmyers »

I saw a blue Rav4 that SHOULD have been an orange Buddy last night at 21st & Yale in Tulsa, pugbuddy ;)
hackett

Post by hackett »

Orange 50cc parked in the lot across from Starbucks and Hard Rock Cafe downtown this morning.

I also sometimes see a pink 50cc parked behind a refreshment stand in the Main Plaza, but not today.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
nuttmeg75

Post by nuttmeg75 »

Orange Buddy spotted just outside the gate at the Hollywood Bowl after the Depeche Mode show last night. Now that's what I call rock star parking.
laxer

Post by laxer »

Saw a Blur outside the DI in Provo today, anyone?
bunny

Post by bunny »

Kid on an orange Buddy with the skull seat cover on the west Airfield drive heading northbound...

newslinky! someone is entering our territory! LOL
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

scootermom

Richmond, VA Buddy sightings!

Post by scootermom »

FOUR Buddys out in Richmond this morning!

Around 9:15am, a pair of black 50s and a Blackjack at the South of the James market in Forest Hill Park....AND....an orange Buddy parked outside The Forest restaurant on Forest Hill Rd.

Hope nobody got caught in the rain!

Chris
broke

Post by broke »

Saw an ORANGE! Buddy being chased by some other scooter on Rock Creek Blvd at dusk tonight heading toward Beaverton. I was a passenger to my 16yr old driving me home in our car... It is AWESOME! having a resident permanent designated driver in the family :-)
Want and need divide me. Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho!
mayra

Post by mayra »

i saw an orange buddy on the news today! nbc12 was doing something about flooding on midlothian and the guy was standing out there and the orange scoot flew by!
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Yesterday. Blue 125 with topcase in Venice waiting at a light to cross Main St. onto Abbot Kinney. Waved at each other...

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
n2tattoos

Post by n2tattoos »

blue buddy @ starbucks on farimount & university @ 1:30pm
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

ever since my move to Austin, i have spotted 10X more buddies here in town than in San Antonio

there's this girl in my apartment complex that rides a black buddy, we've bumped into eachother a couple times but i never got her name, i told her to join MB though, not sure if she's a member yet
iwabj

Post by iwabj »

oops
Last edited by iwabj on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbougere

Post by jbougere »

Rider in a white 3/4 helmet was cruising a Pamplona (Hola!) up 16th St. NW yesterday during the evening rush... made me wish I was riding, we coulda teamed up against the rush-crazed cages.
carreybat

Post by carreybat »

buddy italia seen by girlfriend in NYC. on broome near greene st.

8.27 around 12:15pm
mayra

Post by mayra »

blue rough house on westover hills blvd this am and a pamplona in carytown
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

I keep seeing a sunset orange buddy around town. Long Beach, CA. Anybody here?
msdallas2008

Post by msdallas2008 »

Blue Buddy 50 at the Guitar Center on Central this morning. I asked inside if it was an employee's & the guy said, "Yeah, it's my girlfriend's & I ride it to work once in a while."
dustyembury

Post by dustyembury »

I saw two orange buddies today--within about 30 minutes of each other. The first was riding up Clifton Ave in front of UC and the second was riding down Hamilton Ave toward Northside. Really made me wish I had ridden today!

(Cincinnati, Ohio)
professorbrother

Post by professorbrother »

Reds, blacks, seafoam...I've seen so many up and down Lamar / UT in Austin this week alone.

Just joined the club w/ a red 125 last weekend! Feel a lot more comfortable knowing this site, and all you dedicated owners, are out there. Definitely another selling point.
pinkfaith

Perfect Weather to Ride

Post by pinkfaith »

There is a cream Buddy I see on Market and 2nd all the time. It's SOOOO cute. I LOVE LOVE LOVE cream scooters, think they're the BEST.

And now right in front of my work (1st and Folsom) there is a Pamplona 150 (with a wicker basket-my FAV) that's been there a week. Maybe that red head will park next to Giovanna tomorrow and the Buddy's will rule the motorcycle parking! I can't WAIT much longer to get my pet carrier, got the crow bars installed. Only thing missing is the wicker basket...
Mr Miller

Post by Mr Miller »

I just saw my first Buddy (other than mine) in my home town of Roseburg OR.

Black and silver 125:) Mine is behind it.
Attachments
photo-125-bj.jpg
photo-125-bj.jpg (198.68 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
Last edited by Mr Miller on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
• 171.3cc NCY Big Bore kit
& bunch of other stuff...

http://www.facebook.com/inerseshen for graphic design, advertising, signs, decals...
broke

Post by broke »

Mr Miller wrote:I just sawing my first Buddy (other than mine) in my home town of Roseburg OR.

Where did you get your cup holder Mr Miller? Seems pretty cool. I like the fact that if the coffee does spill out a bit it goes on the road and doesn't stain the tip of your boot.

This is directed at the buddy you spotted... I think parking on a sidewalk (esp. one that was obviously designed to accommodate wheel chairs) is just calling too much attention to yourself. I'd rather take a full parking spot and park legally. My experience in Oregon tells me that less people are PO'd by my little scoot taking a full parking spot than when I try to act "special" and park where cars can't go. Just my opinion.

Acomodate
Accomodate
Accommodate

WTH?!?!? WHEN DID MB GET A SPELL CHECKER?!?!? THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME!!! (and some of y'all should be embarrased... er, embarassed... er, embarrassed.)
Want and need divide me. Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho!
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

ericalm wrote: I'll be riding around town on a Vespa GTS!
did you get a new scooter?
Mr Miller

Post by Mr Miller »

broke wrote:
Mr Miller wrote:I just sawing my first Buddy (other than mine) in my home town of Roseburg OR.

Where did you get your cup holder Mr Miller? Seems pretty cool. I like the fact that if the coffee does spill out a bit it goes on the road and doesn't stain the tip of your boot.

This is directed at the buddy you spotted... I think parking on a sidewalk (esp. one that was obviously designed to accommodate wheel chairs) is just calling too much attention to yourself. I'd rather take a full parking spot and park legally. My experience in Oregon tells me that less people are PO'd by my little scoot taking a full parking spot than when I try to act "special" and park where cars can't go. Just my opinion.

Acomodate
Accomodate
Accommodate

WTH?!?!? WHEN DID MB GET A SPELL CHECKER?!?!? THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME!!! (and some of y'all should be embarrased... er, embarassed... er, embarrassed.)
Yeah I usually use a full space not a lot of 2 wheeled parking avaliable here :?
the coffee cup holder is just an aluminum bicycle water bottle holder.....works perfect for 20oz cups :D
• 171.3cc NCY Big Bore kit
& bunch of other stuff...

http://www.facebook.com/inerseshen for graphic design, advertising, signs, decals...
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

2PM:

Pink buddy (not RR's) with a pink rear crate outside of Hong Kong tailors in Homewood. Reported to be there all day by the Homewood scooter club Godfather.

Blue buddy in parking lot of Broadway condos in Homewood.