Tang gets a BOB

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

C2

Tang gets a BOB

Post by C2 »

Hey there fellow MB-er!

My Voodoo Scooter Parts (http://www.voodooscooterparts.com) “BOB” adapter showed up yesterday, so I thought I would take a few snaps of the installation – since everyone was riveted with my “Mystery Hose” photo-essay ;)

The installation is very easy to do and only takes about a half hour – or longer if you are taking pictures along the way.

Pic #1 – Tang with her hood off, just about to get started.

Pic #2 – Close up of the of one of the “deadlight” wires just removed from the tape.

Pic #3 – The “deadlight” wires fished out and ready to go.

Pic #4 – Close up of the ignition wire/cluster.

Pic #5 – Wiretap installed on the orange ignition wire.

Pic #6 – Right side installed.

Pic #7 – Left side installed.

Pic #8 – Install completed and the wires tucked back under the metal “wire clips.”.

Finally, here is a short video of the post-installation goodness. If you look closely, you can see the back end of the top case to The Misses' GTS250ie
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aXG2ZfXHimI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aXG2ZfXHimI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Cheers,
C2
Last edited by C2 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

This mod really strains the stock battery on a 50. Some people have mentioned getting a larger capacity battery to take care of the problem? Is that just the stock spec battery for a 125/150?
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

Very nice post C2.

The DOT blinker bulbs are 20watts each. The stock “deadlight” bulbs are 10watts. With the BOB Combo, when one DOT flashes, one “deadlight” turns off. This equates to slightly less strain on the charging system then the regular running light mod. Buddy owners have been doing the running light mod for many years and while there have been some cases in which the extra strain has shortened the life of the battery, more often then not, no noticeable effects have been detected. The running light mod adds as much additional wattage as upgrading the headlight bulb. This upgrade has also been done for years without any trouble.

As far as upgrading the stock battery on the Buddy 50, in my option, the battery should be upgraded regardless of your decision to add additional lighting or upgrades.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

I have the original field test BOB adapter. Long rides, short rides, no electrical problems. I love this mod. As a matter of fact, think I'll go for a ride right now. :D
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Where you going Dennis, can I come?
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

I am wondering why you are ALL not out riding right now. I would if I could.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Torrential Downpours and strong winds.

On the upside, I posted a new section to the FAQ a little while ago.

I'm linking this to the Modification thread in the FAQ.

Again, excellent pics C2. Maybe the pics just turn out better on an orange Buddy. Something or another about contrast? ( :ROFL: That'll bring about a thread tantrum or two!).
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Isn't the BOB you got from Lil Buddy? If so,I believe a big Thank You to Lil Buddy is in order. :D

And a big Thanks to C2 for posting pics too....
Aerosmith, None Other.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

KRUSTYburger wrote:Where you going Dennis, can I come?
You could have but I hit "submit", got up and left. When I went into the garage, I looked at my Triumph, thought for a second and took the Buddy. Rode out Scenic across the fill, up Woodbine and out Quintette, back south on old Palafox, then turned around and rode back the same route. Traffic was sparse, Harleys were everywhere so I was confident the weather would stay nice and it wasn't hot hot. Did about 60 miles. It was a good ride. Not one Harley passed me. Maybe they won't do over 65 either. :mrgreen:

Uhoh, sorry, I think this qualifies as a thread heist.
hyuuu

Post by hyuuu »

C2 your post should be linked from the original BOB adapter, very clear explanation on the installation
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

BuddyLicious wrote:Isn't the BOB you got from Lil Buddy? If so,I believe a big Thank You to Lil Buddy is in order. :D
No need to thank me. C2's reference about "Voodoo Scooter Parts" was referring to my site:

http://www.voodooscooterparts.com/