How Old Are You?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Your Age?

under 18
1%
18-20
2%
21-24
7%
25-29
16%
30-34
11%
35-38
10%
3%
40-44
13%
45-49
10%
50-54
11%
55-59
6%
60-64
5%
65-69
2%
70-74
2%
75+
1%

Total votes: 296

purple

how old

Post by purple »

53, and proud to tell my age! Live near the beach, 97 Mustang, wonderful boyfriend, and we met Eric last weekend.
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

54, married, 5 kids (all adults), 1 grandson, 1 cat (19yrs) and several dozen goldfish and koi in the ponds out back. 34 wheels between us, but only 2 of them belong to a scooter.
MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
TVB

Post by TVB »

ericalm wrote:I just crossed into a new MB demographic. Sigh…
Just keep in mind that getting older is way better than the alternative.
Mr Miller

Post by Mr Miller »

Just turned 27 on August 1st..... I work at my home town newspaper; The News-Review, I am a graphic designer in the advertising department.

I have had a few two wheeled things.... 07 Yamaha Vino 50cc (SOLD), 83 Honda CB 125 S (SOLD), 07 piece of junk 150cc china scoot (TRASH), 07 Hyosung GT250 (STILL HAVE), 07 Hyosung GT650 (SOLD), and my baby... 09 Buddy Black Jack.

I live in Southern Oregon, I have a girlfriend of 10 months, a house of a 2yrs, a '99 Dodge Ram Cummins, and a 4 month old Great Dane puppy:)

This is me in front of the Whale in Disney Land :D
Attachments
whale-nathan.jpg
whale-nathan.jpg (114.19 KiB) Viewed 1355 times
Last edited by Mr Miller on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
• 171.3cc NCY Big Bore kit
& bunch of other stuff...

http://www.facebook.com/inerseshen for graphic design, advertising, signs, decals...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

TVB wrote:
ericalm wrote:I just crossed into a new MB demographic. Sigh…
Just keep in mind that getting older is way better than the alternative.
That's what I always say! Then I get accused of being morbid.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Jonmichael

Post by Jonmichael »

18, artist, in school.
2cats
0 gf
0 roommates

and my scooter is broken=[
help
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Jonmichael wrote:and my scooter is broken=[
help
Ha, sorry to hear it. If you do need help, you can start a new thread describing the problem.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

I've delegated the aging thing to the portrait of myself I am hiding in my basement. It worked for Dorian Gray. ...I am a much nicer person too so the portrait does not look too bad so far:twisted:
Some folks sink into all sorts of vices after they hit their 40 and start the Midlife crisis (look at recent headlines).Riding a scooter is very tame and quite socially appropriate in comparison. Off course my family and friends (all very straight laced and proper) are horrified I am riding a MOTORCYCLE :shock: I tell them I am having a midlife crisis. They nod in understanding and we move on to the next subject.
laxer

Post by laxer »

I'm way too young to be feeling so old. Time to hit the gym!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Stormswift wrote:I've delegated the aging thing to the portrait of myself I am hiding in my basement. It worked for Dorian Gray. ...I am a much nicer person too so the portrait does not look too bad so far:twisted:
Some folks sink into all sorts of vices after they hit their 40 and start the Midlife crisis (look at recent headlines).Riding a scooter is very tame and quite socially appropriate in comparison. Off course my family and friends (all very straight laced and proper) are horrified I am riding a MOTORCYCLE :shock: I tell them I am having a midlife crisis. They nod in understanding and we move on to the next subject.
Unfortunately, I used up all my mid-life crisis excuses and cred much earlier in life. even my mother told me once that my 20s seemed liked I was having a mid-life crisis. I still managed, many years later, to use it as reasoning for getting a scooter.

Now I need excuses for getting more scooters!
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

ericalm wrote: Now I need excuses for getting more scooters!
Senility!
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Lostmycage wrote:
Senility!
I DON'T KNOW WHERE THAT CAME FROM!
WHAT? I CAN'T EVEN HEAR YOU!
No, of course I'm not too senile to ride.
What? That? That scooter?
Etc.
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

1 husband (I can only handle 1 at a time)
2 cats
1 dog
no partridge in a pear tree.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

ericalm wrote:
Lostmycage wrote:
Senility!
WHAT? I CAN'T EVEN HEAR YOU!
No, of course I'm not too senile to ride.
What? That? That scooter?
Etc.
Don't rule it out. If you play it right, it just could work!
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
gigi

Post by gigi »

sixty seven. Married 47 yrs. to same woman. 3 (grown) kids. rottweiler shepherd of 13 yrs. pit bull mix of 2 yrs. oldest daughter is 30 and working on masters @ san jose state in libraianship or something & finally got married this summer to a great guy works for Disney. son is in Japan where he has been a SISTER CITIES CONNECTION for a couple of years then worked for a video game company until the crash and now teaches. He also married this summer and wife is a nurse. Youngest daughter who thinks my first & middle initials are hilarious when spelled out as gigi. she is married to a local tv guy and they have 3 cats & 3 dogs. total of 5 dogs 8 cats and a prairie dog (p.d. is in Japan) and all are rescues and neutered except the prairie dog and he's very lonely. two scooter in family--expecting a third in Japan soon and a total of 7 cars. I'm still working but hope to retire soon.
armed, dangerous, and off his medication
Buell_Buddy

Post by Buell_Buddy »

Sixty-Three here.

C'mon all you other lurking ancient scooterists, let's push up that average! :P
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Another 'oldie' here -- 52! :D Just joined MB, so Howdy, Y'all! Married 19 years this August to 'Not A Chance' who is also new on MB. No kids, 1 Yorkie "Augie Doggie", 2 scoots, 2 cars. Just got our new scoots from Scootersmith here in Houston. Had scooters and motorcycles before, but we're now back to just scoots! 8)
Not A Chance

Post by Not A Chance »

"Not A Chance" here! Yes, I'm 51 and riding a Blackjack (named, "Total Depravity"). I'm married to Tulip (she posted above). Looking forward to making friends here. We're already enjoying riding again. :D
Mods: Black Rear Rack; Prima scooter cover; Black Front Bumper (ordered); Windscreen; Matte Black Top Case; <a href="http://www.bndautomotive.com/page/page/931760.htm" target="_blank">ACES IV</a>;