Is it just me...

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mandyscoots

Is it just me...

Post by mandyscoots »

So I've seen quite a few Buddy's around but every time I see them, ecspecially from behind, they look TINY and the driver looks HUGE (even if they're not). Does anyone else know what I'm talking about here?
UnionZac

Post by UnionZac »

yeah, sometimes when I see other buddiests out driving around I think "oh is that what I look like?"
mandyscoots

Post by mandyscoots »

LMAO
exactly!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I don't ever see any other people on Buddys. :(

...but I know what you mean about looking at it from the back.
laxer

Post by laxer »

Well, I ride a rattler, but I know what you mean (especially since I only see buddies and never other rattlers). I already felt fat without noticing how big I look on scooter, thanks a lot :P
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

+1 on that.... :lol:
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Prairiedale

Post by Prairiedale »

:needpics:
laxer

Post by laxer »

Prairiedale wrote::needpics:
I'm not posting a pic of my fat butt on a scoot, get outta here!! :P
Rob

Re: Is it just me...

Post by Rob »

mandyscoots wrote:So I've seen quite a few Buddy's around but every time I see them, ecspecially from behind, they look TINY and the driver looks HUGE (even if they're not). Does anyone else know what I'm talking about here?
Hmmmm, maybe I've been "conditioned" over the years, but this reminds me of one of those questions that I just dread. Like when the wife or girlfriend asks "Does this (outfit) make my butt look big?". There's only one good answer ... even if it's a lie. :)

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
mandyscoots

Post by mandyscoots »

lol
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

We could see this coming up maybe next month/summer... :twisted:

Points for pics of you from the rear on your scooter riding down the road, even in traffic, maybe next to a truck or better yet next to a semi or gravel truck...

Does offer opportunities...
:P
Asburyjer

Post by Asburyjer »

ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find...

oh, and the answer is no...that's not me.
mandyscoots

Post by mandyscoots »

shit! LOL I saw that one coming!
Well that's how I feel riding down the road now that I know what I look like! :oops:
walky08

Post by walky08 »

Same here. I am tall and i think it is the height of the seat (too high) or too high on the backkk plus too little spacefor the legs. We look stuffed in it.

I think the Buddy is a nice first scooter to learn,but is is not the most comfortable or more powerful, though it is cute. If you compare it with others, it seems the lines of the Buddy make you look too small for it. best seen with smaller, thinner people on her.

I am already thinking about my next scooter,one that makes me look better.
Asburyjer

Post by Asburyjer »

mandyscoots wrote:shit! LOL I saw that one coming!
Well that's how I feel riding down the road now that I know what I look like! :oops:
I always figure having a poor self image is actually helpful, because when you look in the mirror you realize that you're looking pretty good, this coming from a guy who stands 6'2" and tips the scales around 250 (height helps) who has a receding hairline and male pattern baldness. I mean really when I look in the mirror and don't see Chunk from Goonies then I know its gonna be a good day.
Prairiedale

Post by Prairiedale »

laxer wrote:
Prairiedale wrote::needpics:
I'm not posting a pic of my fat butt on a scoot, get outta here!! :P
I just thought a thread in the gallery section should have photos. Especially given the mental images the OP created.
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

good posture is slimming :P
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

If the scooter rider is fat, then the rider will look fat on the scooter. If the scooter rider is thin, then the rider will look thin on the scooter. If you are so concerned with how fat you think your scooter makes you, I invite you to instead focus on how much fun you're having. Please read here to learn more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_acceptance

Me & my fat ass pwning the slow race at the 2008 NYC Block Party. I was beat only by the rally's winner!
ModBud #442
Asburyjer

Post by Asburyjer »

After I graduated with my Masters degree I passed through some unforeseen invisible barrier that caused me to stop caring about what I look like and enjoy being comfortable. As a result I have been seen in public wearing denim shorts, Hawaiian shirts, sandals and socks with a fitted baseball cap. I think once I accepted the fact that my hair was falling out one strand at a time I just kinda stopped trying to convince myself that I was the doppelganger of Brad Pitt which allowed me to enjoy being me a whole lot more.
Sleepy_Dave

Post by Sleepy_Dave »

Asburyjer wrote:After I graduated with my Masters degree I passed through some unforeseen invisible barrier that caused me to stop caring about what I look like and enjoy being comfortable. As a result I have been seen in public wearing denim shorts, Hawaiian shirts, sandals and socks with a fitted baseball cap. I think once I accepted the fact that my hair was falling out one strand at a time I just kinda stopped trying to convince myself that I was the doppelganger of Brad Pitt which allowed me to enjoy being me a whole lot more.
Thats not unique. I pretty much walk around town wearing combat boots, jeans, and bone shirts. Not such a fan of the sandals with socks though, kind of makes you look like a git.
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

I like riding Im 6 ft 4 inches and I rock on my scooter does this make me look fat or do I need a tan?
Attachments
untitled_0_00_11_28_116.jpg
untitled_0_00_11_28_116.jpg (64.82 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:I like riding Im 6 ft 4 inches and I rock on my scooter does this make me look fat or do I need a tan?
:lol: Are those DOT Boxers?

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
kneil67@yahoo.com

Skootz Kabootz wrote:
kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:I like riding Im 6 ft 4 inches and I rock on my scooter does this make me look fat or do I need a tan?
:lol: Are those DOT Boxers?
hell yeal armour padding in the tush
Asburyjer

Post by Asburyjer »

Sleepy_Dave wrote:Not such a fan of the sandals with socks though, kind of makes you look like a git.
I would go bear foot but my wife yells at me because my feet tend to well they sweat, the socks are for pure practicality. :lol:
Asburyjer

Post by Asburyjer »

Seriously, I'd call the cops. :P
kneil67@yahoo.com

Asburyjer wrote:
Seriously, I'd call the cops. :P
if the can catch me seriously do you really think id ride like this :lol: :wink: I have sweaty feet too
laxer

Post by laxer »

Asburyjer wrote:ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find...

oh, and the answer is no...that's not me.
Sheesh, I didn't know that Charlie Weiss and Mark Mangino owned scooters...
Asburyjer

Post by Asburyjer »

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:if the can catch me seriously do you really think id ride like this :lol:
I'm sure they can catch you, I'm just not sure they'd want to! LoL! :lol:
dems jus jokes. :wink:
Asburyjer

Post by Asburyjer »

laxer wrote:
Sheesh, I didn't know that Charlie Weiss and Mark Mangino owned scooters...
That does look like Charlie Weiss doesn't it? Of course if he doesn't win this year he may be riding a scooter out of ND.
laxer

Post by laxer »

Yeah, things are looking so great in South Bend. Can you tell I'm excited for football season when I talk about other team's coaches on a scooter forum?