Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Asburyjer

Post by Asburyjer »

a red 125 in my garage!! Its here finally!!!
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Asburyjer wrote:a red 125 in my garage!! Its here finally!!!
The best sighting to make! Congrats :)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
zemacar

2 buddies at Nehalem Bay State Park (OR)

Post by zemacar »

We were leaving Nehalem Bay State Park in Oregon last Tues., Sept 1, and saw two Buddies entering. A red 125 and an Italia. Both riders had Corazzo jackets. I think that the plates were Washington, but I didn't get a good look. I wanted to turn around and talk to them, but with a trailer, that's not so simple.
Anybody know who this is? What route did you take?
Look, honey, it matches the dishes.
Lastyearsyou

Post by Lastyearsyou »

I saw 6, yes, SIX!, Buddys in the same scooter parking strip at UF today: 2 orange (including mine), 2 blue, 2 pink -all 50's. I can't be the only UF'er on this site. Speak up if you were parked outside the racquet club this morning :D
Syd

Post by Syd »

A black Buddy on Sunday afternoon screaming north on 89a down the hill from Jerome. I hope the traffic was better on his/her ride than it was on mine.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
jbougere

Post by jbougere »

There's a red 125 (only 34 miles!) parked outside the Starbucks on 14th & New York- what's up, buddy?
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Saw a whole group of Buddies on Burnside near the Burnside bridge. A blue one, and at least 3 Italias. I think there might have been a few more, but there was a lot of traffic.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Saw a creamed cream buddy today at Park and Speedway. The scoot was pulled up on the sidewalk and looked in okay condition with the owner alive but limping nearby. Motorcycle cops were all over the corner and a girl in a sundress looked on in confusion. I surmised that she had probably rear ended the poor scoot and the rider was lucky to get off so easy considering his protective gear consisted of flips flops, shorts and a backwards ball cap.

Ride safe out there friends and wear your gear!
Lift heavy eat clean!
pyrocpu

Post by pyrocpu »

In Nashville... spotted a red Buddy 125 southbound on Edmonson Pike, about 1-0.5mi south of Old Hickory... pilot wearing a 1/2 or 3/4 helmet... we were in a Nissan Cube... you were hauling! 50+ easily! ;)
Update: "Bought the motorcycle, still have the Blackjack... wife wants me to sell Blackjack..."

C2

Post by C2 »

In Santa Clara yesterday... a International "Italia" on San Thomas Expressway (I think). Que Bella!

C2
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Saw a woman on a black Buddy off Ventura Blvd., on Radford in front of CBS. Pink helmet, Prima wire basket on the rear.

In fact, I almost kinda sorta pulled my car in front of her while coming out of an illegal U-Turn. She'd turned onto the street and was coming up behind me.

Aside from the inherent suckiness of being in a crash, the embarrassment and irony of taking out a Buddy (as well as the guilt of hurting a fellow scooterists) would send me into hiding.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
bunny

Post by bunny »

Zombie blood Buddy ridden by a college chick with euro helmet and goggles yesterday by Davis Hall checkpoint at UTArlington.

Couldn't tell if it was 125 or 50, but it was definitely zombie blood.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

r0sa

Post by r0sa »

saw a couple riding 2 up on 6th street tonight on a black buddy
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

Saw a Pamplona in Pittsburgh on Friday early evening (about 7:30), around about the Squirrel Hill area. Can't remember at this point. My husband and I were on motorcycles heading towards Edgewood on Forbes. I attempted a last minute geeky wave and swerved a tad.
digital-entropy

Post by digital-entropy »

Pulled up next to a 125 Italia at a stoplight today and complimented the rider on her nice bike... she seemed a little surprised, said thanks, and then I took off.
digital-entropy

Post by digital-entropy »

Saw a pink 125 parked outside work with a skull & crossbones seat cover.
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

I'm on a business trip to LA, and I've already had two Buddy sightings. The first on was a St. Tropez zipping past a film shoot on Hollywood Blvd. and on to a side street .

The other was a rather dapper looking fellow on a jet black 125 outside of Union Station.

Aside from the Buddies I've seen a barrage of other scoots, that make me really miss mine. :cry:
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

this afternoon at around 530 pm, saw a red buddy on East MLK, the female passenger was wearing some cowboy boots, very cute btw :)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Coffeejunkie wrote:I'm on a business trip to LA, and I've already had two Buddy sightings. The first on was a St. Tropez zipping past a film shoot on Hollywood Blvd. and on to a side street .

The other was a rather dapper looking fellow on a jet black 125 outside of Union Station.

Aside from the Buddies I've seen a barrage of other scoots, that make me really miss mine. :cry:
Wonder if that St. Tropez was Skootz Kabootz… He lives around there.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
mojobuddy70cc
Banned

alot in my area

Post by mojobuddy70cc »

1-50 orange
1-50/70 blk(mine)
1-125(blk)
1-50 (blk) kit stage 1
125 ( white?)
1-ruckus
2-stellas(red) & 1 (blk)
,,lots of chinese stuff, tanks etc,

many syms/kymcos
,too many hondas & yamahas` to count
alot of vespas

but hey it a college town, ncsu, unc, duke, central,shaw
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

ericalm wrote:
Coffeejunkie wrote:I'm on a business trip to LA, and I've already had two Buddy sightings. The first on was a St. Tropez zipping past a film shoot on Hollywood Blvd. and on to a side street .

Wonder if that St. Tropez was Skootz Kabootz… He lives around there.
May have been me. That's the route I take to get to Nicholas Canyon. And I do tend to zip :D

skibum

Post by skibum »

Orange Buddy parked for the past two weeks off Pacific Blvd in San Mateo - Dude, you gotta ride that thing!!!
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

Several frequent Portland sightings, wonder if any are here?
- Pamplona parked at streetside outside of the Bush Gardens restaurant - seen this one at least a half dozen times
- Red 125 with political stickers on front, parked on Broadway outside of PSU parking garage
- Orange Buddy with green milk crate on PSU campus, Hall St., I think.

Just saw today: Orange Buddy on Broadway headed towards the Ross Island bridge (presumably). Riding fast for the circumstances, wearing camo pants and green Corazzo 5.0 - wonder if this was Kaos?
broke

Post by broke »

pdxrita wrote:Just saw today: Orange Buddy on Broadway headed towards the Ross Island bridge (presumably). Riding fast for the circumstances, wearing camo pants and green Corazzo 5.0 - wonder if this was Kaos?
Let's see if it passes the test:
1) Orange? CHECK!
2) Camo pants? CHECK!
3) 5.0? CHECK!
4) FAST! CHECK!

I would say you had a Kaos sighting!
Want and need divide me. Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho!
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

broke wrote:
pdxrita wrote:Just saw today: Orange Buddy on Broadway headed towards the Ross Island bridge (presumably). Riding fast for the circumstances, wearing camo pants and green Corazzo 5.0 - wonder if this was Kaos?
Let's see if it passes the test:
1) Orange? CHECK!
2) Camo pants? CHECK!
3) 5.0? CHECK!
4) FAST! CHECK!

I would say you had a Kaos sighting!
Yeah, that was pretty much the list I ran down in my mind when I saw that one. :)
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

pdxrita wrote:Several frequent Portland sightings, wonder if any are here?
- Pamplona parked at streetside outside of the Bush Gardens restaurant - seen this one at least a half dozen times
- Red 125 with political stickers on front, parked on Broadway outside of PSU parking garage
- Orange Buddy with green milk crate on PSU campus, Hall St., I think.

Just saw today: Orange Buddy on Broadway headed towards the Ross Island bridge (presumably). Riding fast for the circumstances, wearing camo pants and green Corazzo 5.0 - wonder if this was Kaos?
Sure it wasn't a grey 5.0? That sure sounds like me, and I was in that area this afternoon. Were you the one riding the Italia? If so, normally I'm more sociable, but I was in a hurry. I thought I could make Vespa Portland and back before my wife got home, but the clock said otherwise!

I was moving along at a good clip through that area. :) Light to light is fun on my Buddy ;)

EDIT: Ohh, and congrats, other than Broke who's only spotted me by pre-arranged meeting(that I know of) You're the first person to spot me in the wild :P
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

Kaos wrote:Sure it wasn't a grey 5.0? That sure sounds like me, and I was in that area this afternoon. Were you the one riding the Italia?

I was moving along at a good clip through that area. :) Light to light is fun on my Buddy ;)
Heh. Yeah, it could've been a grey 5.0. If you saw a tiny person wearing an orange 5.0 on that Italia then yes, it was me, riding like a granny compared to you. :wink: (and I'm perfectly okay with that)
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

pdxrita wrote:
Kaos wrote:Sure it wasn't a grey 5.0? That sure sounds like me, and I was in that area this afternoon. Were you the one riding the Italia?

Heh. Yeah, it could've been a grey 5.0. If you saw a tiny person wearing an orange 5.0 on that Italia then yes, it was me, riding like a granny compared to you. :wink: (and I'm perfectly okay with that)
Yep, thats the one I saw :) Belated hello to ya. Now I REALLY wish I'd had time to slow down and say hi. I usually do to most other riders, especially Buddy riders. And for it to be another MB member too!
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

Kaos wrote:
pdxrita wrote:

Yep, thats the one I saw :) Belated hello to ya. Now I REALLY wish I'd had time to slow down and say hi. I usually do to most other riders, especially Buddy riders. And for it to be another MB member too!
:D Cool! Hello to you as well. :D
Sombre-clair

Post by Sombre-clair »

Pretty sure I get way to excited when I see other buddy's about, But today I saw a Pink 125 I think on state street and 2100 s. Rider had a black helmet?
Drew

Post by Drew »

Black Buddy 50 in Center City Philly parked on Locust St near 13th St at about 1PM today.
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

For the past month I keep on seeing a Powder Blue buddy around my house on 25th St.
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

:wtf: I swear I must be the only Buddy between Philly and Pitsburgh!!!
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

Sunday evening in Tulsa at E 21st ST and Garnett Ave, I saw an orange buddy waiting at the red light to continue west. I was in my red Chevy truck turning left to go north. Nice scoot. Rider was wearing helmet, gloves, and jacket. Pugbuddy?

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
C2

Post by C2 »

About 20 min ago on the way home! You, a red/cream Italia cruising on Mathilda in Sunnyvale. Me, a Tangerine 125 and a Red Fieldsheer jacket. You passed me and waved.

Buddys of the world unite!

C2
laxer

Post by laxer »

C2 wrote:About 20 min ago on the way home! You, a red/cream Italia cruising on Mathilda in Sunnyvale. Me, a Tangerine 125 and a Red Fieldsheer jacket. You passed me and waved.

C2
:shock: Pamplona?
brape

Post by brape »

We need more east coast sightings. I feel left out scrolling down here seeing all these west coast users with their spottings
C2

Post by C2 »

laxer wrote:
C2 wrote:About 20 min ago on the way home! You, a red/cream Italia cruising on Mathilda in Sunnyvale. Me, a Tangerine 125 and a Red Fieldsheer jacket. You passed me and waved.

C2
:shock: Pamplona?
Yes.. Pamplona... sorry, got my names mixed up.

C2
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

brape wrote:We need more east coast sightings. I feel left out scrolling down here seeing all these west coast users with their spottings
Dude, welcome to my world. For all the Buddies in my area, I NEVER see them on my normal routes (to-from work and errands). It's like I'm in a completely different area... or they all have some sort of cloaking shield.

Maybe cagers aren't the only ones who don't see scooterists... Gads!
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

Cincinnati is crawling with Buddys - it would be easier to post the times when I don't spot one.

The ride to work yesterday was in the high 30's and foggy. When I left to come home there was another Buddy next to mine in the free downtown motorcycle parking. It's a black one with reflective checkerboard tape. I have seen it downtown many times this year.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
eeyoremd

Post by eeyoremd »

While going back to work from lunch I saw a seafoam Buddy at the fou corners intersection around 1:30.
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

[quote="brape"]We need more east coast sightings. I feel left out scrolling down here seeing all these west coast users with their spottings[/quote yeah !!!!!!!!!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Not a Buddy, but I bet it was dooglas. Saw a Ural sidecar rig pulling into the 76 gas station on the corner of Molalla Ave and Beavercreek Rd. about 5 minutes ago.

I was in the wife's car, sadly :(
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

I saw a Blackjack picking up takeout at Maldini's on Friday night (either that, or Maldini's does delivery). You have to bungee a pizza box very carefully, I imagine :D
kawasakifreak77

Post by kawasakifreak77 »

No scooter sightings around here let alone a buddy. Hopefully if I do see one, it'll be for sale! I'm SO close to goin' two hours to a dealer & getting back in debt, lol!
Image 'Bonnie', my only means of transportation. Kansas to Nova Scotia & back in 16 days!

Oh yeah... I need a KZ750 engine BAD!
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

Blackjack in uptown Sedona.
iwabj

Post by iwabj »

oops
Last edited by iwabj on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

Yes, that was!
Draxdlh

Cream Colored Buddy Spotted

Post by Draxdlh »

I saw cream colored Buddy 125 in the Fry’s parking lot at the corner of Miller and Indian School road. It was parked with a nice green motorcycle. With construction delays I had a bit of time to look at them. :yawn: It was defiantly darker than my wife’s white Buddy. I didn't know they did cream as a color.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

A black 125 and a black and pink 125 zipping down Sunset westbound at Holloway. Haven't seen these two Buddy's before...