GMAX 220 IN THE USA!!!!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jfrost2

GMAX 220 IN THE USA!!!!

Post by jfrost2 »

I was riding home from my after noon classes today, at the stop light RIGHT NEXT TO ME, a Gmax 220 efi pulls up. I looked 100% like this picture below

To check to make sure it wasnt a repainted blur, I checked the new engine cover, slightly newer shaped turn signals, and the badges, they all check out to be legit.

Too bad the guy turned right after the stop light.

This guy must have imported it from Taiwan, or directly moved from Taiwan with his bike along.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

kewl. 8)
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Man, you got me all wet with that thread header! Maybe it was one of the prototypes brought-in by Genuine to test...one can only hope. :)
I would have followed the guy and pestered him until he let me sniff it and touch it...or something... :P
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

One thing I should have looked for was the rear mudflap since it's only available in europe and asian countries, I didnt even think about looking for it. But with all the positives leading me to seriously believe it was a gmax 220, it probably had the rear flap.
KS Power Nick
Retailer/Vendor

Post by KS Power Nick »

I have heard a rumor that PGO is coming direct to the US. Genuine has done a good job getting some of there line up here in the US, but they have so many more models to choose from!!
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

KS Power Nick wrote:I have heard a rumor that PGO is coming direct to the US. Genuine has done a good job getting some of there line up here in the US, but they have so many more models to choose from!!
I sure hope this is true because they do have a pretty good selection - everywherelse, just not here.
bicyclerider

Post by bicyclerider »

Jfrost,
where in Ohio? did you see this scoot?
davelhunter

I have a 200cc Blur for Sale here in Southern California!

Post by davelhunter »

I have (as far as I know) the only 200cc Blur in the U.S. right now. Here is a copy of my other post.

this is the Blur bike that I send to KS Power (www.kspoweronline.com) to fully build the motor. What you have now is probably the fastest Blur in the USA built for reliability as well. The bike is faster off the line than my roommate's 2009 Ninja 250 and will top out at 80+ mph. It is comfortable & smoothe on the freeway cruisint at 70+ for miles. I have also done numerous cosmetic mods which really make this Blur one of a kind. I will be adding pictures today and can email additional pics upon request. I have put in over $2,000.00 in upgrades to this bike in the last 6 months. Upgrades & cosmetic mods include:

-62mm nikasyl big bore
-ported & polished head
-forged piston
-stroker crank
-hi performance valve springs
-titanuim retainers
-port matched stock header pipe
-dr pulley variator
-dr pulley sliders 11gr.

- touch screen gps navigation
-real HID slim ballast headlight (low beam) 300% brighter than stock
-stebel Nautulis horn
-metallic silver body panel paint
-semi gloss black rims
-outlaw side mirrors
-Pro Grip grips
-Clear turn signal lenses
-12v power socket
-new battery
-aluminum floor boards
-chrome engine fan cover
-on board battery charger
-1 watt led running lights (hyper white/blue color)
-rear fender chop with custom lic. plate mount

-custom component Sony Xplod stereo system (tweeters mounted up front & (2) 5 1/4" midrange speakers & head unit in custom box under the seat)

I made the stereo under the seat removable with rca disconnects so if you want to use the storage, the entire setup pulls out within about 30 seconds and is self contained.
You will also recieve a bottle of Shell Rotella synthetic motor oil & synthetic gearbox oil, dr. pulley slider weights of 10,11,12,13,& 14 grams, stock roller weights, stock variator (with smoe small scuffs), a set of 1500 rpm clutch springs, 1500 rpm contra spring

Pics to follow later today.
I will then be posting this in the for sale section.
-Make me an offer (within reason)
-Bike is located in Orange County, Southern California.
-Shipping can be done with www.uship.com for about $350.00 coast to coast.
-Email me at davelhunter@aol.com or call me at (305)321-8179
Dave
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

bicyclerider wrote:Jfrost,
where in Ohio? did you see this scoot?
I saw it in person, he was next to me for a good 30-40 seconds at a red light. Same color scheme, same paint job, same "PGO Gmax 220" badges.

This was right outside of downtown dayton on Salem Ave around 2PM.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

What are the odds that anyone who even knows what it is would even see it? Especially in Dayton...

If you saw it in Cincinnati or Cleveland, I wouldn't be that surprised because Metro or POC could have a test bike or something, but it's blowing my mind it was near you. And afaik, while we've been seeing 220 photos for a while, it's just now coming out on the market in Taiwan, right?

The one I test rode wasn't that color, and AFAIK it's the only one Genuine had here.

I really hope PGO isn't coming in alone, and I really doubt it. However much we think the U.S. really needs the T-Rex and I'ME and G-Max 50 and a hundred more variations of the BuBu, it would be suicide right now, and it would really piss off Genuine.

TGB's importer was sorta clueless and a small player in a small market and TGB is huge internationally and in Taiwan, so it kinda made sense (but not even, really) for them to come in on their own, but PGO really isn't that big and Genuine is one of their bigger customers and clearly on the ball and doing a much better job of marketing in the US than PGO could do. I just don't see it happening.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

The 220i has been around for a little while; at least as far as I can figure. There's been some decent info on it for a while, so I'd say it's at the least one model year old.

Chances are, this was a personal import bike. Neat that there was a sighting, but probably not too big of a deal.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Erlkonig

Post by Erlkonig »

KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

The American flag bikini is a sign man...
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

KRUSTYburger wrote:The American flag bikini is a sign man...
What's it say, what's it say?! I'm so confused!

It looks like the seat on that one is more intelligently designed... perhaps maybe even for an actual butt? Still waiting... I want to hear some definite confirmations about whether this is real or just a market test.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Lostmycage wrote:
KRUSTYburger wrote:The American flag bikini is a sign man...
What's it say, what's it say?! I'm so confused!
DON'T --- GET --- ELIMINATED! :lol:
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

It's a sign....that either the girl or her manager loves the USA and decided for the model to wear it.

Also the silver painted muffler is new, I've never seen that before. The one I saw was black.
Erlkonig

Post by Erlkonig »

Su-Su - the girl with 220i

was banned in Taiwan TV AD for large boobs
9900rpm

Post by 9900rpm »

If I can get a PGO GMAX 220 here, anyone know how I can go about in title/registering it? Would it be possible, at all? It would have a foreign MCO and bill of sale.
davelhunter

Post by davelhunter »

Why don't you just buy mine? It is just as fast, if not faster, less expensive, already registered here in the U.S.? I can't really think of any disadvantages?
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

9900rpm wrote:If I can get a PGO GMAX 220 here, anyone know how I can go about in title/registering it? Would it be possible, at all? It would have a foreign MCO and bill of sale.
It's crazy expensive. I've done research on this and have tried it before, it's already near impossible to buy the bike unless you got a friend or relative who will buy it for you, and take it to be shipped. Then the rest is having tons of time and cold hard cash to get through the piles of paper work and testing.

It's much easier to just buy it if it comes to the USA.
9900rpm

Post by 9900rpm »

jfrost2 wrote:
9900rpm wrote:If I can get a PGO GMAX 220 here, anyone know how I can go about in title/registering it? Would it be possible, at all? It would have a foreign MCO and bill of sale.
It's crazy expensive. I've done research on this and have tried it before, it's already near impossible to buy the bike unless you got a friend or relative who will buy it for you, and take it to be shipped. Then the rest is having tons of time and cold hard cash to get through the piles of paper work and testing.

It's much easier to just buy it if it comes to the USA.
Getting it and getting it here isn't a problem for me. It's just the title/registration part I'm afraid of.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Back in the mid 90's while I was living/working in Taiwan, I wanted to export a Yamaha 125cc, 2-stroke sports scooter back to the US because I rode one and it was really fast and handled really well. When I came back to the US for a couple of weeks, I called my local DMV to ask if this was possible. They told me there were two ways to do it:

1) Bring in two scooters. One goes to the DOT for testing and certification. It will most likely be damaged during testing. If it passes (unlikely) and I pay for all the testing/fees, the second one can be registered with a DOT sticker.

2) Disassemble the scooter in Taiwan and send it back as "motorcycle parts". Once in the US, reassemble it and bring it to DMV to register as a "special built" vehicle. I assume one has to remove any ID tags/badges before doing this.

I never followed through, though I wish I did. Sure was a sweet ride. :)