Dr Pulley sliders.

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Irishrover

Dr Pulley sliders.

Post by Irishrover »

I am waiting on a set of 11g Dr pulley sliders coming as a few years ago I ordered the 14g sliders thinking I would get better top end speed which I am not getting. I was rumaging through my various bike bits and came across the original variator, I open it up and 3 of my Dr Pulley sliders are inside, I think shit, how can this be, then I remembered that on another forum they were experimenting with a mix of different weights and also came up with just using 3, so my variator must have the other 3 Dr Pulley sliders in there as I also have the stock ones. I have ran my scoot for the past 2 years with just 3 sliders, that may be why my top speed is crap.
My memory is getting worse with age. :shock:
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

That's like running with six 7 gram sliders! :shock: I guess that could affect your top speed. I just changed to 11 gram (vs 12 gram) sliders in mine. Acceleration is better, engine winds out to a higher RPM and gained maybe a couple of MPH on the top end. My gas mileage will probably go down though.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Wow... Just wow. You're gonna enjoy the new feel of it once you're running 6 weights in it, lol.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

that might also explain your 94mpg, since you're never exceeding 1400 rpm, ha.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Irishrover

Post by Irishrover »

I have a confession to make regarding this post.
My 11g Dr Pulley sliders arrived today, so out came the impact wrench and off with the variator, open it up and there are 6 sliders in there, this can't be I say to myself as the original spare variator has 3 Dr Pulley sliders in it, so after another rumage around in my spares box I came across a Dr Pulley carton with 3 new 11g sliders in it.
So I have been running 3x11g sliders and 3x13g sliders in my variator for a few years. I pulled the 13g sliders out and put the 6x11g sliders in and went off for a test, much faster off the mark, but identical top speed as the previous setup. I now have 6 brand new 11g sliders that will be going on ebay. I am now worried about my memory as I can't recall buying them.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I'd hold onto them. The sliders do wear, even if substantially slower than the rollers do. If you never get around to using them, you can always sell them when/if you sell the bike or include them in the sale price.

I've been running 13/10.5 mixed sliders for a while now. So mixing isn't bad at all.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.