GLOVES: Review of Corazzo Carbone gloves

Product reviews. Read-Only.

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KCScooterDude

GLOVES: Review of Corazzo Carbone gloves

Post by KCScooterDude »

I mentioned in another post that I love my Corazzo Carbone gloves. I thought it might be helpful to post a review. After commuting all week with these gloves and wearing them to a motorcycle rally that involved several miles of Interstate travel on a cold morning, I feel like I can give a fairly well-rounded endorsement for these gloves.
Carbone, I suppose, refers to the carbon fiber knuckle design. The extra protection along the knuckles is much appreciated, as are the patches of material along the palm. I am used to all leather gloves, but these are synthetic with mesh and something similar to wet-suit material as the base of the glove. Because of this, they fit better than any gloves I’ve worn for the purpose for riding. They hug your hands without ever being tight. Much to my surprise, with the gloves on I was able to dial my phone, fiddle with my keys and work the zippers on my jacket just fine. (Since my Blur has the fuel filler on the tunnel, I can be even lazier when gassing up: Now I don’t have to take anything off).
I should point out that these gloves are designed for warmer weather. Corazzo sells a gauntlet glove, but since my winter gloves are still in good shape, I purchased the Carbone gloves for warmer weather and everyday use.
On the scooter and motorcycle I found the gloves to be very grippy and comfortable. These gloves will be great in warmer weather because some clever vents placed between the first and second knuckle blow cool air between your fingers. It’s an interesting sensation and not unpleasant even with the somewhat cooler temperatures.
On the way to breakfast the morning of that motorcycle rally it was about 45 degrees. At 70 on the Interstate my hands did get cold, but not as cold as I would have expected. I suppose if you suffer from sweaty hands, which I don’t, I think these gloves might help you arrive at your destination a lot less clammy than traditional leather gloves. I’m looking forward to using them in the summer when temperatures here are regularly in the 90s and above.
If I have any concerns about these gloves it is the wrist closure, a strip of Velcro located just below the palm. My concern is that the strap might not hold up to repeated daily use. It’s a minor concern.
I ordered directly from Corazzo, but I know that many shops sell the Corazzo line and many might be able to find them locally. Surprisingly, my local shop was unaware that Corazzo made gloves. No problem, I ordered from the manufacturer’s Web site and the gloves arrived promptly and when promised.
PROS: Good fit, grippy and vented for warm-weather use.
CONS: Will the strap hold up?
$45. I would give the gloves a solid 4.5 out of 5.

And yes, I paid full price for the gloves and got nothing from Corozzo except a cool sticker for my scoot and couple of postcards.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Great review! I'll move it to the reviews section after a while in case anyone has questions or comments.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

How's the finger length? Would you say you have shorter, average, or longer fingers?
My main complaint with my current warm-weather gloves is that the fingertips are a little snug. I have to make sure I fasten them a little on the loose side to keep from stressing the fingertip stitching, and occasionally end up shaking my hands to loosen the gloves up at stoplights.
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

Cheshire wrote:How's the finger length? Would you say you have shorter, average, or longer fingers?
My main complaint with my current warm-weather gloves is that the fingertips are a little snug. I have to make sure I fasten them a little on the loose side to keep from stressing the fingertip stitching, and occasionally end up shaking my hands to loosen the gloves up at stoplights.
I have stubby fingers, stout and sturdy like the rest of me :)

One thing I like about these gloves is the wet-suit like material. The finger length is good, with only the index finger being a little long for me. What I lack in length, I make up for in width. (no jokes please). The finger material is pretty flexible, so I don't think you would find the would adapt pretty well to longer fingers. They hug the fingers without being tight. It's a lot more forgiving than leather.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Awesome. Sounds like I need to find somewhere in this state I can try on a pair. :D
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

I really like my Carbones too. I'd noticed that the air seems to go right through them but didn't realize till this review that it may be because of the air vents in the fingers. Interesting. But definitely not cold weather gloves due to this! For that I just got the Corazzo Velocitas. Excited to try them out when the temps dip a bit more.

One other thing about the Carbones is for me they seem to fit a bit short at the base of the palms. I keep trying to tug them down a little. Have other people experienced this? Maybe it's intentional for better ease of movement or something.
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

I've had a pair of Carbones for over a year. I really like them. The material is stretchy but tough. They lasted in my accident last year with a minor tear in the mesh palm.

They are really cool when it's like 110+ with the vents on the top of the fingers doing so much to cool the whole hand.

My only complaint is that on one of the gloves the velcro on the glove side is coming off. I think it's just a fluke though since the other glove is just fine.

I recently bought their winter gauntlet, but it's not due to come in until the end of the week.
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

GrittyTacoman wrote:
One other thing about the Carbones is for me they seem to fit a bit short at the base of the palms. I keep trying to tug them down a little. Have other people experienced this? Maybe it's intentional for better ease of movement or something.
I think this and the strap thing is a sacrafice to fashion. These are shorter gloves, more like rubber gloves than your typical leather motorcycle gloves. I like this. I feel kind of like a cat burgler when I'm wearing them. :)
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

KCScooterDude wrote:
GrittyTacoman wrote:
I think this and the strap thing is a sacrafice to fashion. These are shorter gloves, more like rubber gloves than your typical leather motorcycle gloves. I like this. I feel kind of like a cat burgler when I'm wearing them. :)
Hehe, I've noticed this too. My hands are on the longish side so they're stretched out around the wrist. I think the look like Football Wide Receiver gloves.
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

rabbitgod wrote:
KCScooterDude wrote:
GrittyTacoman wrote:
Hehe, I've noticed this too. My hands are on the longish side so they're stretched out around the wrist. I think the look like Football Wide Receiver gloves.
Good way to put it. The things we do to look cool! :)