Stella Seat

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

DennisD

Stella Seat

Post by DennisD »

Ok, I did a search and found a couple of threads about single saddles and the Piaggio basket weave seat which I love, but need to know what others have done about the godawful piece of rock that the Stella seat is carved from.
Should I just take it to an upholsterer locally or just buy a different seat.

Suggestions?
Opinions?

I'm not one to pay much attention to complaints about seats but that thing is really uncomfortable. Won't be too many 200 mile rides on it I don't think. This one only has 20 miles on it and I'm already whining. :shock:
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

I, too, am looking for something to do with the seat. I will say that I got used to it. The seat doesn't get more comfortable, but your butt does get more used to it.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
lmyers

Post by lmyers »

I've got the small-frame corsa seat from SPD. Not a lot of cushion in front, but I slide all the way back on the seat and it's pretty comfy. I've taken it on several incredibly long rides, too.

cmac

Post by cmac »

Dennis just has an old, fragile rump
My toosh felt fine on the right today :)
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Yeah, Dennis, I sat on cmac's Stella seat and it felt fine to me. not quite as bouncy as my p200. My Buddy seat was pretty stiff when I first got it, but it softened up a bit after a while.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

So, how much padding did you guys take out of my seat and put in cmac's before I picked up my Stella? :cry:

And another thing! My wife:bat: likes my old frumpy rump, thank you very much. :P
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

So, how much padding did you guys take out of my seat and put in cmac's before I picked up my Stella? :cry:

And another thing! My wife :bat: likes my old frumpy rump, thank you very much. :P