Almost a new Buddy...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

AxeYrCat

Almost a new Buddy...

Post by AxeYrCat »

I never thought I would own a scooter.

Ever.

In fact, I downright hated scooters -- not the scooters themselves, but a sort of abhorrence of the idea of owning them in the midwest ... What, with our low population densities, long distances (usually) between point A and point B, little concern for parking problems. Forgive me for clinging to that notion so stubbornly for such a long time.

I have seen the light.

Actually, the light was shown to me by a Ruckus (seen in the background of this picture, next to my car).

That little thing made me appreciate the World of Scootering -- one that I had previously thought took itself entirely too seriously, and how serious can a person be riding a Ruckus? :lol:

A little shopping around and a very informative conversation with Seth at Metro Scooter (shameless plug: http://www.metroscooter.com/) here in Cincinnati should have me riding a Buddy 125 (Black) by the end of the day.

This will be a very different experience from what I'm used to...

I'm looking forward to the adventure, and this seems like a darned good group of people.

And with that: Hello, my name is Chris, and I'm a total n00b to this whole frickin' thing. :)
Huh? What just happened?
BlackInkSpot

Post by BlackInkSpot »

Hey Chris. Welcome.

Were you at Metro last night? (Wednesday, August 2nd??) I thought I saw a guy introduce himself to Seth as "chris"

Stephanie
angieyou3

Post by angieyou3 »

way to go chris!!!! You and I come from the same mindset.... You just made the most fun purchase you will for awhile! :lol:
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

BlackInkSpot wrote:Were you at Metro last night? (Wednesday, August 2nd??) I thought I saw a guy introduce himself to Seth as "chris"
Yeah! That was indeed me.

(Small world, eh?) :D

Seth was kind enough to stick around for a while, familiarizing me with the finer points of Buddy-ism, and -- weather permitting -- I'll be picking mine up this evening.

Thanks for the welcome!
Huh? What just happened?
BlackInkSpot

Post by BlackInkSpot »

Awesome. :)

I was just dropping mine off for a service.

It was nice to almost meet you and congrats on the awesome purchase. It's a sweet machine. I love mine!
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

BlackInkSpot wrote:I was just dropping mine off for a service.

It was nice to almost meet you and congrats on the awesome purchase. It's a sweet machine. I love mine!
First service? How many miles have you put on yours at this point?

And it was nice to almost meet you, too! :lol:

Everyone I've talked to has been really happy with their Buddy at this point, so I can't help but be super enthusiastic. :D
Huh? What just happened?
mybuddy

Post by mybuddy »

Axeyrcat, I was in the same boat as you about scooters. I cant give enough thumbs up to Seth over at Metro Scooter. He delivered the scooter out to me in Amelia and gave me a nice riding lesson and a though looking over on the Buddy and all the finer points on it. Scootering is fun!
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Buddy successfully acquired! :D

Huge thanks to Seth at Metro Scooter for (again) staying late, giving me a quick lesson, and riding with me most of the way home.

This will indeed be a fun adventure.
Huh? What just happened?
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

Congratulations!
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Thank you!

I posted up a thread with a few pictures as well. 8)
Huh? What just happened?
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

Let the Smiling Begin :lol:
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

Welcome to the world of Buddy scootering! My husband and I have been doing this for about 6 weeks and have 1000 miles on them already. It's not hard to do! Get your first checkup at 500 miles to keep your Genuine Warranty safe. Hope you'll be able to join in the Wednesday night rides. I'm sure Seth gave you the low down on the local club. If not, here you go:

http://tenyearlates.com/ver2/
lotte

Post by lotte »

A shout out to my fellow n00b!!! 8)