Buddy Question

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

daggerhart4

Buddy Question

Post by daggerhart4 »

Can anyone tell me if the Buddy 50 is for 1 or two passengers?

Thanks,
Daggerhart4
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

It has the same exact seat as the 125.
sparty

Post by sparty »

Yeah, the two models share the same body but different engine. It might be a little underpowered, but defintly can sit 2 people.
daggerhart4

re: Buddy Question

Post by daggerhart4 »

Thanks for the replies
germ

Post by germ »

I own a Buddy 50cc. The dealer told me that it will get up to the same speed with 2 people but it will take longer to get up to that speed. As far as the seat it fits 2 people and there are silver foot rests mounted on the bike for a 2nd person.
skootergurl

Post by skootergurl »

I know this law may vary from state to state, so you may want to check with your local PD, but in Wisconsin a 50cc is only legal for one rider. Will it seat 2 sure there is enough room.
germ

Post by germ »

Here is an actual riding result. I got drove all around downtown today with my girlfriend on the back to really see what my Buddy would do. I was very surprised at how well it handled. For the most part it was jsut as fast as when I rode it alone with a little less speed and pickup. I got it up to 40 once on a straight away. The big difference was uphill. She definitely lost a lot of power. Still made it though. I was trying to take it easy on the bike as the engine is new. It was a rather steep hill. The ride was comfortable though. There was enough room for 2. I did go down one street that I was too slow for the traffic flow so I turned off. That was a first for my new buddy. So if you are mostly riding alone with the occassional extra rider I think that the 50cc is OK. If you have a lot of hills to contend with on a daily basis I would no doubt get the 125cc. I was kind of wishing that I had that extra power. For a moment I regreted getting a 50 until I took a quick spin by myself to reassure what a great ride it is.
nate_v

Post by nate_v »

germ,

so i imagine the 77cc derestricition kit/mod we discussed in that other thread would help bring back some power when riding with two people, no? i'm thinking about getting that so the wife can tag along.
germ

Post by germ »

I am wondering that same thing. I talked to Sportique about it and they said that nothing is out yet but that they can do it. So either way I will get it as soon as I can. But things with the buddy line are so new and happening so fast that I won't be holding my breath. They don't even have accessories yet.