My New Scooter - - GTS Super!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rajron

My New Scooter - - GTS Super!

Post by rajron »

Here a couple of pictures of my new Vespa GTS Super 300.
First day I have time to ride and the weather is cold, it was just snowing, but, it all melted immediately – I’m a fair weather rider so it was tough to go for a ride even with a new scooter.
Bone stock – absolutely no accessories at this point – the initial machine was so expensive I don’t have any other monies to spend on it.
Please let me know what you think
Dash:
Left front:
Left side:
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Beeeeeeeeeutiful! Those are such nice scooters. You must be having a hard time sleeping from excitement! I know I would be! Congrats! :) :+!:

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
B02S4

Post by B02S4 »

Nice!
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

That is on my " wish I had but know I will never get " list. Congrats, love it in black.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
pyrocpu

Post by pyrocpu »

That's great!

I have but very humble desires for lottery winnings:
* Audi S5 for wife
* Ducati Streetfighter for me
* Vespa GTS300ie on the side ;)

And I think I'd keep the Buddy. Problem, of course, is where to keep everything. :D
Update: "Bought the motorcycle, still have the Blackjack... wife wants me to sell Blackjack..."

thecarver61

Post by thecarver61 »

I want one sooooo.... bad. Someday when I've worn out my Buddy, I'll get one.
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

That scoot looks top shelf. I couldn't spend that much on a scooter, knowing I could get the kind MC for the same price. But I'm sure you're very happy or you wouldn't have thrown down the dosh for it in the first place. Have you tried riding it around your house? Windows open of course....could put a short term crimp in your heating bill. :wink:
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
UnionZac

Post by UnionZac »

its damn sexy!
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

Very nice! But, it looks even better from the right side, at least to me. My commute could be changing in the next 2 months. If it does, I'll be looking at a scooter in the 200-300cc range and the GTS line will be at the top of my list.

Congrats!
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Beautiful, just freakin' beautiful! Black is beautiful, but here in sunny southern Arizona, there are only three kinds of people who have black vehicles: undertakers, tourists and lunatics!
brape

Post by brape »

pyrocpu wrote:That's great!

I have but very humble desires for lottery winnings:
* Audi S5 for wife
* Ducati Streetfighter for me
* Vespa GTS300ie on the side ;)

And I think I'd keep the Buddy. Problem, of course, is where to keep everything. :D
You just have to add "garage to keep every thing in" to the list
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

lovely!
rajron

Post by rajron »

Thank you for all the kind words on my new baby.

Gotta say; the 300 is very smooth compared to the Buddy, steering is even quicker than the Buddy, but, the Buddy is much more agile because of the weight advantage. Where my Buddy is able to out accelerate my wife’s GTS 250 that is until around 35 mph, the 300, not even broken in, will smoke little Killer Bunny in almost any situation. The most noticeable difference between the Buddy and the 300 is how smooth the Vespa rides, it has a very subtle suspension, makes you want to ride and ride.
Even though I am proud of my Vespa, today I removed all badges. I also found a problem with the scooter, after 80 miles, the fuel gauge was near empty, so I pulled in the gas station and filled her up, to my surprise only 1.3 gallons was delivered, it has a 2.5 gallon tank – got home and logged onto Modern Vespa Forum and discovered than many 300’s have faulty fuel gauges.
By the way; a MC was ruled out by the boss that I live with – just as well, the 300 is fast enough for me.
So, anyone want to buy a souped up Buddy 125? – Cheap; need the bucks for accessories on the 300.
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

Really nice looking scooter! How's the room on that for two up riding? Can you add a Boxer on the back too? (Maybe in a sidecar.)
rajron

Post by rajron »

Two up ridding is OK, the rear pegs are really cool, they mechanically pull out when needed; problem is the pillion’s feet get in the way of the pilot’s leg during stops; I’m not much for two up ridding anyway. Once I get a little extra cash I will be adding a rear rack, no box, and no side car. This scooter is mainly for solo ridding.
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

Sweet! Congratulations.
so tough, so pink
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

it is gorgeous! I was looking forward to pics when I got back from vacation. The GTS indeed is very, very different than the Bud. It is far less fatiguing to ride. Still when it is time to park or dodge in and out of traffic, I like the Buddy. I logged 3000 miles on my GTS in about as many months. scary!

Faco mid size windscreen has been a good accesory. I got mine at scooterwest. I prefer the clean look of no top box or screen, but I need them for the utility. enjoy your new addition
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I'm not much into vintage styled scooters, but that's one I wouldn't mind having - beautiful ride. Too bad some people won't consider that a real scooter...because the floorboard isn't flat... :)
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
rajron

Post by rajron »

Again; thank you for the compliments – it really is a fine machine and I feel very fortunate to own it.
The floor is sorta flat.

Ms, peabody99;
Vacation sounds nice, I need one, where did you go?
Do you have a picture posted of your GTS with the Faco? – can you post one?
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I was in madrid for vacation. It is an amazing city and very scooter and mc friendly. Vespas were popular even the px shifty ones. I did not see any buddy like scoots although I saw a few pgo gmax's. I will try and post a windscreen shot in the next day or so.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

rajron wrote:Again; thank you for the compliments – it really is a fine machine and I feel very fortunate to own it.
The floor is sorta flat.

Ms, peabody99;
Vacation sounds nice, I need one, where did you go?
Do you have a picture posted of your GTS with the Faco? – can you post one?
this is the faco mid size...Yes I prefer the look of no windscreen, but I was getting blown to pieces going over 65 or 70. Sometimes I felt like a cartoon holding on to the handlebars and my body flying behind. Now I can slice down the highway with no issues. Modernvespa has lots of pics and opinions about various screens.
Attachments
windscreen.JPG
windscreen.JPG (195.63 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
rajron

Post by rajron »

peabody99;
Spain sounds wonderful!
Thank you for posting that picture, very nice; I like the Faco mid size.
JNV

New Scooter

Post by JNV »

Looks Wicked. Very COOL!!!