NBR I've been away, but I'm trying to get active again...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Christy

NBR I've been away, but I'm trying to get active again...

Post by Christy »

I had some problems in my marriage lately...and it's caused me to draw away from a lot of the things I enjoyed. I've thrown myself into work and getting out of the house so I could avoid dealing with it.

Its been tough and I'm holding on...and trying to get back into my life and the things I love.

I need to scoot more whenever I'm not working and if you're around Dallas, hit me up anytime you're going out for rides. I can't promise that I'll be able to go, but it'd be nice to ride with others.

:)
EPSP #76
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

I am sorry you have to go through this. Hope the situation improves for you. It is hard. sincerely..... best of luck.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Welcome back Christy! nice to see ya around again, though I wish the circumstances were better!
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

So sorry to hear of your relationship stuff Christy. Never fun. Never easy. And never any alternative but to go through it. Sucks. So absolutely, definitely, scoot more! Scooting has been my ultimate mental and emotional salvation through the toughest of times. Riding demands ones mind be focused in the now – so no future worries, no past worries, just focused attention and the enjoyment of the moment. Perfect. There is real freedom there. So turn up the volume on the things you love, and do them all with great abandon. They exist at the core of you and are a big part of what makes you a fun person to be around, an attractive person, an interesting person, and a very lovable person...

Have fun! You deserve it!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Hey Christy...good to see you back!

Ever see a scooter parked in front of a psychiatrist's office?

I didn't think so!

Go for a ride...you'll feel better!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Christy

Post by Christy »

thanks you guys. it is tough, but I'm going to pull thru it no matter what the outcome.

I just wish it were warmer so I could ride in better comfort (i'm such a cold weather wimp).
EPSP #76
myras_girls

Post by myras_girls »

Glad you're getting back to the things you enjoy!

I went through a divorce years ago. Getting through it is hard but I can say I came out of it and my life now is better than ever.

Chrysta
<a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/killerbee ... b/">Killer Bees Scooter Club</a> Fort Collins, CO
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:... Never fun. Never easy. And never any alternative but to go through it...
I agree with Skootz Kabootz...

I found that once you come out the other end, life will be better... keep your chin up, have fun when you can, break something when you can't...
n2tattoos

Post by n2tattoos »

aww, Christy. that sucks.

scoot more=feel better. FACT! :)
Christy

Post by Christy »

thank you!
EPSP #76
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

I've got you in my prayers, Christy! Keep moving forward and God bless!
I need to scoot more whenever I'm not working and if you're around Dallas, hit me up anytime you're going out for rides. I can't promise that I'll be able to go, but it'd be nice to ride with others.
What are you doing over Thanksgiving weekend? I'm planning on going down and visiting the in-laws. Wasn't going to ride the scoot originally but I could do it if you want to get in a ride! Heck, I've got to blaze a trail for the trip down to Amerivespa next Spring! :)
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

If only Human relationships were as easy as Buddy relationships
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:If only Human relationships were as easy as Buddy relationships
Totally. A two year warrantee and roadside assistance would be nice :)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:
kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:If only Human relationships were as easy as Buddy relationships
Totally. A two year warrantee and roadside assistance would be nice :)
you flippen crack me up i wish I had relationship road side assistence
bunny

Post by bunny »

I'm in HEB...we can ride over the weekend if you're game.

Glad to see you're coming back to life...
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

hcstrider

Post by hcstrider »

Christy,

Welcome back. I think that a lot of MB members go through phases in which they are active on MB and then other phases in which their attention is drawn elsewhere.

About 12 years ago my ex-wife and I were divorcing: both of our behaviors equally contributed to the breakdown of the marriage. During the year when we were going through the divorce, the ocean at La Jolla became my therapist. There is a 3 mile swimming course set up between the La Jolla Cove and the Scripps Pier and I swam that course several times a week no matter what the weather or season: summer, fall, winter and spring. My winter swims were particularly good therapy because it gave me time to think about things and after completing a 3 mile swim in 50 degree water, I was too exhausted to be verbally combative with my ex-wife so we had calmer, much more rational discussions. Anyway what I am trying to say is that if riding is therapeutic for you then you should ride despite the cold weather because that cold weather riding can be healing for your soul.
Wayne
The safest rule, no ifs or buts
Just drive like everyone else is nuts! (Burma Shave)
rajron

Post by rajron »

Hope the Holidays treat you well
purple

NBR I've been away

Post by purple »

Christy, good luck with everything. I know it's really hard now, but in time you'll feel better and be back on track again. You're probably not ready or even interested yet, but you're so pretty the guys will be knocking down your door. Go for those rides with the people that asked you, you'll have fun I'm sure! And you'll make new friends to boot!
BuddyDave

Post by BuddyDave »

Hi Christy,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I have some friends that are going through a tough time also. If you need to get out and scoot I'm organizing some rides for the Ready Steady go scooter Club http://www.readysteadygosc.com

Our next ride is a Christmas lights ride in Highland park.
http://www.readysteadygosc.com/index.ph ... ights-Ride

And in January we are having a hot chocolate ride.
(still working out the details)

We would be delighted if you could come, or you could just sign up on the site to be kept in the loop.
http://www.readysteadygosc.com/index.ph ... iling-list

Best Wishes,
Dave
~ Dave
<a href="http://www.readysteadygosc.com" target="_blank">Ready Steady Go! A Dallas Scooter Club</a>