Getting New Buddy Home

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

morgantj

Getting New Buddy Home

Post by morgantj »

Hello, I am planning on purchasing an orange buddy from a dealership about an hour away from my home. However, I do not yet have a license for driving a scooter/motorcycle. My question is, how am I to get my buddy home after purchasing it?
mybuddy

Post by mybuddy »

Ask the dealer if he would deliver it. I was in the same situation and the dealer was more then happy to bring it out to me. Otherwise, ask a buddy that has a pickup truck or trailer.

Good luck!
morgantj

Post by morgantj »

mybuddy wrote:Ask the dealer if he would deliver it. I was in the same situation and the dealer was more then happy to bring it out to me. Otherwise, ask a buddy that has a pickup truck or trailer.

Good luck!
Hmm, I'll try that, asking the dealership that is. Did they charge you any extra for delivery? hehe, "...ask a buddy" I was thinking "buddy" as in the scooter buddy.

I guess I'll have to ask a "buddy" to take it on a truck to the driving test too for the license. Obviously I'm planning on getting the 125cc. According the posts here, it sounds like the go out the door for around $2700. I'm really looking forward to it.
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

morgantj wrote: According the posts here, it sounds like the go out the door for around $2700. I'm really looking forward to it.
Unless you have no sales tax and no DMV fees, I doubt it.
mybuddy

Post by mybuddy »

morgantj wrote: Hmm, I'll try that, asking the dealership that is. Did they charge you any extra for delivery? hehe, "...ask a buddy" I was thinking "buddy" as in the scooter buddy.

I guess I'll have to ask a "buddy" to take it on a truck to the driving test too for the license. Obviously I'm planning on getting the 125cc. According the posts here, it sounds like the go out the door for around $2700. I'm really looking forward to it.
HAH! Ask a buddy, I didnt even realize that as i was writing it.

Anyhoo, no the dealer did not charge me extra for the delivery. It was probably all rolled up into the dealer prep cost and such.
dwnthehatch

Post by dwnthehatch »

Rent a van from Enterprise. The run $29 day here in MD.
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

We paid $2700.00 each for ours. Had to go to the DMV for Tag,Title and Tax....$194.50.
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
morgantj

Post by morgantj »

ah! OK, so all in all it will be about $3,000. I need to get one quick...gas prices are on the rise.