passenger weight for buddy 125

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ivan

passenger weight for buddy 125

Post by ivan »

Hi,I will be taking the motorcycle course at the local community college ,the week of aug 14. Never been on a scooter,but for whatever reason at the tender age of 64,I've gotton the scooter bug. Another issue is my weight being 5ft 10 and weigh 250. My concern that the scooter operate at the intended specs from the manufacturer for a 250 load weight. for whatever reason I am unable to determine the weight of the buddy 125 or what its maximum load weight is. I have no intention of going greater then 50mph and definitly no highways. Another concern,living in las vegas ,most of the scooter dealers have a monopoly and when getting an out the door price for some reason using a vespa gts250 as an example with a msrp of abt 5800 comes in at almost $7000.
A big ouch since i see numbers of under $3000 for the buddy. Your comments on load weight for it and based on my statistics or lack of statistics will the buddy 125 satisfy my needs without any mods. thanks
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

I've carried a passenger for total wt of over 300# and had good acceleration up a long, semi steep hill.
Fran

Post by Fran »

I test-drove a Buddy and found out that the max load is 398 pounds. This was stated either in the back of the owner manual or on a label, I don't remember -- I think it was in the manual at the end somewhere.
twharton

Post by twharton »

Me, 200 lbs, and my kids, one @ 125 and one at 110 scoot all over Gulf Breeze, FL....no problem.

You will love the Buddy!

Tom Wharton
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"