Battery

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pcbikedude

Battery

Post by pcbikedude »

Here's one for the notebook:
I was having problem starting my Buddy with the electric start. Kickstarting seem to work and then the electric start started working again. Then it stopped working again.

While on a drive, the turn signals started acting weird. I headed home thinking the battery had gone bad. When I opened the battery cover, I noticed that the negative pole screw had worked itself out. I tightened the screw back down and no problems.

Lesson learned, when you do your own maintenance, take a moment and tighten the screws down on the battery poles.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Good Advice :)
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

Had the same problem with my Blur last week. Took it to the dealer, and discovered the same cause. D'oh!
redcass

Post by redcass »

One of the little nuts has fallen out. Any quick fixes?
RedCass
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Did you lose it entirely? Your dealer probably has a bucket of them!
A regular hex nut may fit in there as well if you can find the right size.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
redcass

Post by redcass »

I'm not close to a dealer, unfortunately. And I had a heck of a time finding something. After much searching, I got a square nut and accompanying bolt at Agway. Not a perfect fit, but it's okay for a while.

The only reason I have to deal with this is 'cause this semester I'm in an apt where I need to remove my battery and carry it down a long stairway in order to attach it to my tender. Can't wait to get back home where I can just keep her in my garage.
RedCass
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

The local Ace Hardware Store has a large selction of SAE and metric nuts in most any size. They also have a range of nylon nuts that will work in a pinch even if the thread is not quite right.