Ahhh... back in SoCal...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pyrocpu

Ahhh... back in SoCal...

Post by pyrocpu »

Back in the greater LA area to see family for the holidays... I'm assuming NoHo Scooters is the place to visit... anyplace else? I'm on the 818/805 border...
Update: "Bought the motorcycle, still have the Blackjack... wife wants me to sell Blackjack..."

Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

We've got a Holiday Lights Ride this Saturday. We gotta get you a scooter so you can come with! Maybe Mike at NoHo can help work something out?

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
pyrocpu

Post by pyrocpu »

That'd be fun!
Unfortunately, I wasn't exactly expecting to scoot--I haven't got my brain bucket, balaclava, gloves, jacket/armor, pants, boots... :( Absolutely no gear... would be NGATT?

:(
Update: "Bought the motorcycle, still have the Blackjack... wife wants me to sell Blackjack..."

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Are you still in town? I may be hanging out up at NoHo sometime this week if you come by. I live about 2 miles away!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

I'm unpacking here, finally got the move done. my scoot runs and all but I need to swap the clutch bearings so will probably come by noho sometime soon and chat them up, anything I do will have to be on the cheap though so I'm probably going to bug them for parts.
PM me if people want to hang and maybe ride. I live just off the 10 fwy at the arlington exit.
Looking for ppl to ride with in LA.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I need to swing by NoHo soon. Let me know if you're coming and I'll say hey if I can. Which bearing is worn out?

We have a ride scheduled for 1/24 and a few more in the works. It'll be good riding with you down here!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
pyrocpu

Post by pyrocpu »

Sorry I hadn't checked my messages; I'd been driving all over LA visiting old buddies/coworkers/ex-gf's... (just kidding on that last one :D)... thanks for the invite though, Eric. I may be back in LA come summertime. Maybe.

I did make it to NoHo on 12/18 I think it was... lots of scooters! As of yet, only NoHo and Vespa Portland are the only two, dedicated scoot shops that aren't in completely bad areas and/or run down... Granted, I understand that overhead is not that low, and margins on scoots/accessories aren't that great either, but with the exception of the two aforementioned, I just don't get warm fuzzies going into a scoot shop!
Attachments
photo.jpg
photo.jpg (151.36 KiB) Viewed 785 times

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Sorry I missed you. Maybe next time. It's always great when members come and visit. Glad you made it to my local shop. As you could probably tell, it's definitely a "scooterists hanging around shooting the bull" kind of place.

I think that red Stella on the end is sold now!