So, has anyone modded their Blur yet?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

So, has anyone modded their Blur yet?

Post by 360 »

I've been seeing links to all these foreign parts being thrown around, but has anyone actually bought any and modded their Blur yet?

I'd love to hear what folks have done.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

me too
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
BlueMark

Feet Forward Blur Mod

Post by BlueMark »

Steve at Scooter Scoop posted a video of the "ComforTMax", a Yamaha TMax modified to a Feet Forward design.

Feet Forward design is called recumbent in bicycles. It is your basic lounge chair position, and is the most comfortable seating position for the human body, and in two wheeled vehicles offers some advantages like a lower center of gravity and better aerodynamics.

Looking at the ComforTMax I was thinking, I already approximate that seating position on the Blur when I scoot to the back of my saddle and stretch out my legs, but it isn't perfect, I am up very high and stretching for the bars. Seems to me the Blur could easily accomodate the FF design with a redesigned cowl and by sacrificing the pet carrier. Unlike the Yamaha there would be no need to redesign the gas tank.

The leftover original saddle would be a small pillion covering the electrical box, it would probably be best to replace it with a proper buddy seat plus a back rest built into the now mandatory top box (since you've lost the pet carrier).

With the low seat height this Blur would be much more accessible for short people, there shouldn't be any problem flat footing on both sides at a stop.

Although not shown in my photo sketch below, the now lower seating position with the smallish Blur windscreen would provide full coverage.

Is there anyone with custom 'glassing skilz who wants to void their Genuine warrantee?
Attachments
feetforwardblur.jpg
feetforwardblur.jpg (91.56 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
Images created from photos posted by Bryan Bedell and Monty. If either objects to this display they are gone.
Images created from photos posted by Bryan Bedell and Monty. If either objects to this display they are gone.
ffBlurFront.jpg (62.14 KiB) Viewed 1874 times
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Feet Forward Blur Mod

Post by illnoise »

BlueMark wrote:Images created from photos posted by Bryan Bedell and Monty. If either objects to this display they are gone.
I take no offense to the use of my photo, but you better not do that to my real Blur! : )

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
whiteoryx

Post by whiteoryx »

Ever tought of modding your blur to look like these?

jasonkoscho

Paint Job.

Post by jasonkoscho »

Im working on a custom paint job over the weekend. Ill take pics and be sure to post them up. I dont plan on making any mechanical mods anytime soon, if ever. Im pretty satisified with the Blur's performance.

(I cant put it off any longer; now that I posted this)

-----------------------------
Here they are. There are a couple of orange marks that i need to touch up, but in the end, i am very happy with the outcome. It looks nice! Although it is a little too much black, so I might keep this for awhile and then see what happens.

I also found this: http://www.novelforce.com/g_max150_partslist.pdf Which list all the part numbers and possible colors. So I may look into ordering some new panels.

Thanks!
Jaosn.
Attachments
Side panels taped and painted.
Side panels taped and painted.
taped_painted.jpg (39.39 KiB) Viewed 1727 times
Dash Painted.
Dash Painted.
dashBoard_Painted.jpg (20.24 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
Dash unpainted and taped.
Dash unpainted and taped.
dashBoard_unpainted.jpg (25.92 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
Dash Sanded.
Dash Sanded.
dashboard_sanded.jpg (46.09 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
All Taped Up.
All Taped Up.
allScooter_taped.jpg (49.42 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
All done.
All done.
allDone_painted.jpg (53.34 KiB) Viewed 1725 times

Post by 360 »

hey jason,
what paint did you use? I've had ideas about painting my orange parts a kinda military green, but I'm not sure...I like the orange more and more as time goes on.

As for mechanics, I'd really like an extra 5-10 mph cruise speed...well, and top speed. ha
jasonkoscho

Paint.

Post by jasonkoscho »

Hey.
I used Dupli-Color. It was actually made for Rims and metal but it worked better than i expected becuase it acts like a "powder coat"... but not. Its thicker than traditional paint. I primed it black first and then painted a ton of light layers on top.

As for gaining 5-10+ you can try adding heavier roller weights which will increase your top end speed by a few.

I also contacted some dealers about replacement panels and prices - i can send you what i received for each individual panel, but if you want to repace everything; it will cost $220. which isnt too bad.