Meeeooow ! Black Cats are in Seattle !!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Dave R
Dealer

Meeeooow ! Black Cats are in Seattle !!

Post by Dave R »

Ok, I was a bit unsure about the new model.... :? but now that it is in, I have to say it is a well built scooter !! Roomy enough for a big guy, lots of suspension travel, it looks fantastic, great grapics.....can't wait to ride one later today ! Move over Zuma a new Black Cat is in town !!
Attachments
IMG_1797.JPG
IMG_1797.JPG (92.99 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
Ducati Seattle/Genuine Scooters Seattle is now on Facebook at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Genuine-S ... 555?ref=ts
Please become a fan
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

Gaudy.
germ

Post by germ »

That thing is hideous.
Dave R
Dealer

Post by Dave R »

ok let me clarify myself....great graphics in my dealer speak means "they don't look like they are going to curl up or fade in the sun to quick" and "they're not cleared over so they can be removed if they don't sell" ... do I secretly have a few fire crackers in my drawer at home.....maybe :twisted:
Ok seriously the build design and quality is very nice, seems more ruggedly built than even the Buddy which IMPO are top notch...
Please become a fan
germ

Post by germ »

What exactly is this bike geared towards? It looks more for trails and off road.
Dave R
Dealer

Post by Dave R »

I believe the idea is to take advantage of what used to be one of the best selling 59cc scotters in the US the Yamaha Zuma...it has not been produced since 05. Perfect for the back of the motor home, camping etc..
We see a ton of Zuma's up here in Seattle
Please become a fan
sparty

Post by sparty »

I saw this at the dealer today. I do like the color scheme and the rear mirros, but the "Use only with adult supervision" lable on the floorboard is a little silly. Does anyone if I can get the rugged tires like the ones on the Black Cat for my Buddy?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

I was one of the first to predict the pink Buddys would be big sellers. I think the Black Cats are going to sell well, too. It's pretty clear that the Cats are aimed at a different market segment than the Buddy. Different strokes for different folks and all that. What are they like to ride?!? Anybody?

P.S. I secretly <3 those big fat tires. Shhh... Mum's the word. :wink:
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

Beamie wrote:Gaudy.
Let me rephrase.
And no offense to any particular ethnic people.....

Looks like chinese Mardi Gras, or some such thing. Definately not American mindset.
Last edited by Beamie on Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sparty

Post by sparty »

[quote]
Let me rephrase.
And no offense to any particular ethnic perople.....

Looks like chinese Marty Gras, or some such thing. Definately not American mindset.[/quote]

I think I am too confused to be offended. What/Who is Marty Gras?
germ

Post by germ »

Mardi Gras. I am from New Orleans. Moved to the springs after the Hurricane. I get your point. But probably more like Chinese new year since black cat is the name of the most popular fire cracker. Regardless that thing is ugly as sin.
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

I have a pink Buddy and get abuse all the time about the name and the color. Who Cares!!!!!????? Certainly not me and hopefully not the folks interested in the Black Cat. I'm glad there's more modern looking scooters out there and more to come.
morgantj

Post by morgantj »

To be honest, I think the pink Buddy looks the best. Though I'm not ready to take all the sh$! for being a dude and riding a pink bike, so I will have to go with the orange one, which is pretty nice too. The cream one is nice, but I don't think it sticks out like the orange and pink ones do.
tomstaggs

Post by tomstaggs »

I want a Red one. When are new colors coming out. Buddy that is.
Javarod

Post by Javarod »

Since someone mentioned the Zuma, I'll toss out a mention of what I think is the best selling product if they have the dealer network in place, its a Chinese scooter from Pioneer Scooters, very Zuma looking, and a 125cc to boot.
Javarod
G! Buckleshoe
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

BoneGirl wrote:I have a pink Buddy and get abuse all the time about the name and the color. Who Cares!!!!!????? Certainly not me and hopefully not the folks interested in the Black Cat.

Can we get an "Amen" in the house?
BoneGirl wrote:I'm glad there's more modern looking scooters out there and more to come.
You're going to be even happier very soon. :shock: