Love from, and to, Genuine (and me)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Love from, and to, Genuine (and me)

Post by ericalm »

People sometimes get the mistaken impression that this forum is somehow run by Genuine or that they're behind MB. Not true. They do run banner ads here, so help support us in some way, but as much as I appreciate that the forum would survive if they didn't.

What Genuine understands is that having a thriving, independent owner community is good for them and good for us. They know that prospective buyers can come here and get honest, straightforward answers and that because the forum is independent, those opinions and answers will be considered seriously. They have a strict policy of non-interference here; employees are not permitted to post. I know their IP addresses. :)

Members here are free to post complaints, problems, whatever, as long as they follow the Guidelines.

However, Genuine (as well as many dealers) does a lot to promote the forum. They do this without my asking them to and often to my surprise. It's one of many things they do just to foster the growing community of Buddy owners.

So if you've seen the latest Scoot! or ScooterWorld mags, you may have seen this ad. That's Genuine, showing us love, expecting nothing in return.

As for love from me, I'd just like to thank all the members for their contributions and participation this year. You all are the heart of all of this. I'm constantly amazed at how few issues arise here compared to every other forum on the Net. You guys seem to get the benefits of a place where everyone is welcome, where people are friendly and where it's all about community.

Thanks and Happy New Year. If 12009 was good for you, hope 2010 is at least as good. If your 2009 wasn't so great, here's to a brighter tomorrow!
Attachments
genuine-mbad.jpg
genuine-mbad.jpg (99.46 KiB) Viewed 754 times
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

How awesome is that! :+!: Genuine!

A happy and prosperous New Year to everyone at MB and beyond. And thank you Eric (and all the other moderators too), for providing us all such a great place to commune. MB is second to none.

HAAAAAPPPYYY NEWWWW YEARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
scootermom

Post by scootermom »

I'm new, but I have been really impressed by the welcoming and supportive atmosphere here.

Thanks, everybody, for making this a great place to hang out and learn about scooters! Thanks o Eric and all the moderators for putting so much great work into this site!

Happy New Year!!
I write about my scooter obsession here:The ScooterMom blog.

Check out myA Hot Piece of Glass Etsy shop!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Oh, yeah—there are also some MB members in the ad, I think. I see redcass!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

ericalm wrote:Oh, yeah—there are also some MB members in the ad, I think. I see redcass!
Ohh, I missed that. That makes the ad extra cool :) Did you know they were going to do that, or was it a total surprise?

I might have to grab a copy just to get that ad :P
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

That's really cool of Genuine to do that. It can help expand the forums here and also send along people who need some help with their scooter decisions, whether buying or fixing or modding, etc. Happy New Year!

There are only a few hours left in the old year, but I can state that I have accomplished my last New Year's resolution of not getting any tickets!!! I'm going to make that my resolution this year as well. I don't want to get pulled over by the man for no reason (they say speed kills but that's a lie, it's costs) :cry:
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Kaos wrote:
ericalm wrote:Oh, yeah—there are also some MB members in the ad, I think. I see redcass!
Ohh, I missed that. That makes the ad extra cool :) Did you know they were going to do that, or was it a total surprise?

I might have to grab a copy just to get that ad :P
I kind of knew but not really. I sent them a logo. Had no idea they were doing full-page MB ads in 2 publications.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Love from, and to, Genuine (and me)

Post by jrsjr »

ericalm wrote:If 12009 was good for you...
If 12009 was good for you, please pm me asap with deets of time travel. :wink: Seriously, you gotta love that new Genuine poster. Way to represent, redcass!
Syd

Post by Syd »

jrsjr wrote:
If 12009 was good for you, please pm me asap with deets of time travel. :wink: Seriously, you gotta love that new Genuine poster. Way to represent, redcass!
Ha Ha! Nice catch. But you can keep the time travel, just look in the history books and tell me what stock to buy in January/sell in June!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jrsjr wrote:
Dammit. This typing chimp is so going back to the store! I knew I should have asked for something better for Christmas.
(Hey, at least he's a Mac. :))
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Oh, yeah—there are also some MB members in the ad, I think. I see redcass!
Yeah, I spotted her as well--I always thought that's a cool pic! Well done, Genuine! Well done, forum Mods too! It's a good community of which to be a part!
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
redcass

Post by redcass »

Sure is way cool for Genuine to do this for us! (And I'm tickled to be in the ad.)

This is a fabulous forum, particularly for newbies.

W00t!
RedCass
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I'm thinking about asking genuine for the ad art to get some posters to promote the forum at dealers. Would anyone here be interested in owning an MB poster of the ad?