First Ride of 2010

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bunny

First Ride of 2010

Post by bunny »

Ahhhhhhhhh-Mazing.

Forgot the thrill and the freedom of the ride and the road.

Falling in love again.

I *LOVE* the first riding day of the year!
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

iMoses

Post by iMoses »

Count me jealous... still to much crud on the streets in KC. Hardened snow, melting snow, icy intersections (at night), sand and salt, bigger potholes and now fog... and a high of 35 degrees today... :(
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

YES!! I have been riding since Sunday here in OKC, the snow finally left the ground from the 12-24 blizzard and temps in the upper 40's to almost 60 past few days, I have put on 60 miles since sunday.... just joyriding since I havent been able to ride since 12-23.... man i missed my buddy and had even got a few buddy related presents over the holiday and just being able to try them out now.

UPDATE: got 75 miles in all next blizzard thurs (today) so shes parked again... but 75 miles with two days off this week because of high winds. She's purring like a kitten.
Last edited by Dr. Rock on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Twitter: @Drjuggernaught
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

wow, I had no idea that KC would get worse winter weather than us Michiganians. That bites, I just fnally got out on the road today but mostly because I didn't trust the weatherman and there's been 20-30% chance of snow most days. Todays I just said to hell with it and rode, but I will have to put it back in storage saturday eveening cause we have 80% chance of rain/snow on sunday.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Benchie

Post by Benchie »

Got to ride the scooter today (Ottawa, KS) for the first time in 4 weeks or so. It was great....but really had to watch out for those patches of ice/snow and alot of sand and gravel in the intersections.
Back roads and alleys are really slimmy mud!!